The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I get woodley's claim though, he feels he's the best of all time (in terms of skill, speed, strength, IQ...etc.) but I think he's really missing the point, its about all that but most importantly the IMPACT doods have in their division...i mean lets be real here, it not like he's not running through doods, knocking guys out, submitting them....he's shutting guys down and besting them in decisions...aside from the robbie fight...this dood has mostly pointed his way all the way to the top.

He wants a big push, and big fights, he feels he's earned them....but at the same time I think dana is right, the potential for these fights to turn into a snooze fest is just something they cant risk investing resources in. The casual fan isn't educated enough to appreciate a guy like tyron woodley's run. I can from a purist's standpoint, but tell that to these doods on instagram

You see why a guy like conor mcgregor gets paid the big bucks, gets the big promo dollars, BECAUSE HE DELIVERS EXCITEMENT & ENTERTAINMENT EVERY FIGHT.....

sucks for woodley, but I see both sides...and I kinda agree with dana, coming into this fight I was thinking woodley was going to stop maia for sure....

the card was on fire until the woodley fight came on, then it kinda sucked the energy/electricity out of the event up until that point....thankfully jon and DC came through and put on a SHOW.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

woodley vs gsp might be one of the most boring fights in history if they both fight very safe.

'the card was on fire until the woodley fight came on, then it kinda sucked the energy/electricity out of the event up until that point....thankfully jon and DC came through and put on a SHOW.'

The whole card was fire until Woodley put a snooze fest for a full 5 rounds. That was a total buzz kill, would've ruined the card if Bones didn't deliver.

Dayum, Woodley really did tear his labrum, he claims in the first round. Either way it was diagnosed

Woodley is one of the more difficult cases ever in MMA. It's easy to hate him but also easy to see where he's coming from. Hard to really see the middle ground

so woodley wants a apology or he going start leaking stuff? LOL
the guy doesnt draw, but i aint mad at him trying to get his money.

I get woodley's claim though, he feels he's the best of all time (in terms of skill, speed, strength, IQ...etc.) but I think he's really missing the point, its about all that but most importantly the IMPACT doods have in their division...i mean lets be real here, it not like he's not running through doods, knocking guys out, submitting them....he's shutting guys down and besting them in decisions...aside from the robbie fight...this dood has mostly pointed his way all the way to the top.

He wants a big push, and big fights, he feels he's earned them....but at the same time I think dana is right, the potential for these fights to turn into a snooze fest is just something they cant risk investing resources in. The casual fan isn't educated enough to appreciate a guy like tyron woodley's run. I can from a purist's standpoint, but tell that to these doods on instagram

You see why a guy like conor mcgregor gets paid the big bucks, gets the big promo dollars, BECAUSE HE DELIVERS EXCITEMENT & ENTERTAINMENT EVERY FIGHT.....

sucks for woodley, but I see both sides...and I kinda agree with dana, coming into this fight I was thinking woodley was going to stop maia for sure....

the card was on fire until the woodley fight came on, then it kinda sucked the energy/electricity out of the event up until that point....thankfully jon and DC came through and put on a SHOW.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That best of all time **** is wild, what would that make Rory, Marquardt and Jake Shields then :lol:. Guess he's trying to speak it into existence

But I don't think Woodley will ever fight like Conor. He's gonna keep fighting safe and keep searching for that big bomb and he'll continue to be unappreciated by the casual fan. Unless he gets a bunch of really good stylistic matchups in a row maybe.

That best of all time **** is wild, what would that make Rory, Marquardt and Jake Shields then :lol:. Guess he's trying to speak it into existence

But I don't think Woodley will ever fight like Conor. He's gonna keep fighting safe and keep searching for that big bomb and he'll continue to be unappreciated by the casual fan. Unless he gets a bunch of really good stylistic matchups in a row maybe.

Despite GSP's boring style, he beat everyone at WW (minus the questionable decision on Pre-USADA Hendricks). Yeah, the wrestle and G'n'P were yawn inducing but his "safe" was more interesting than Woodley's.

Right now there's no real prospects to challenge him since Rory left. Hendricks is washed.

And seriously, besides a rematch with Gustafson, what else is there for JBJ. Maybe the two ascending Europeans. LHW has been shallow.

what is this comment even in regards to? the gsp fight?

guy cant seriously pretend he didnt hear those boos or the boring chant and expect that he's owed something, he's had two uneventful fights so far

so woodley wants a apology or he going start leaking stuff? LOL
the guy doesnt draw, but i aint mad at him trying to get his money.

He might as well start leaking because he's not getting a public apology out of Dana. You can tell he was frustrated in the Ariel interview

Woodley, :lol:

Son was fighting a one eyed opponent for 4.8 rounds and couldn't finish him.

Then he brings up an injury as to why he was passive like he didn't throw all but 4 strikes in his previous fight.

Don't feel bad for him at all.

Let's say he went for the finish got taken down and finished, what would then be your opinion of T Wood?

If he wasn't so swole, athletic, and have power in his hands then fans would be less disappointed in his fights. He looks like someone who should have a fighting style like lawler or whittaker.

If he wasn't so swole, athletic, and have power in his hands then fans would be less disappointed in his fights. He looks like someone who should have a fighting style like lawler or whittaker.

Yup. Creates an expectation that doesn't match how he fights

Despite GSP's boring style, he beat everyone at WW (minus the questionable decision on Pre-USADA Hendricks). Yeah, the wrestle and G'n'P were yawn inducing but his "safe" was more interesting than Woodley's.

Gonna have to disagree with that one man, GSP still the most boring of all time :lol:

At least Woodley somewhat has that tension in his fights where it could end any second. With GSP you knew it was 5 rounds of blanketing going down.

caveman sport

Dana needs to go, NOW

hes got the money, hes a power hungry egomaniac

he litterally gets mad when guys use tactics. He praised Ortega for jus standing and banging although had he got caught and lost hed be the main one saying if you wanna get paid you gotta win and use your tools

look at the top all time earners in UFC history, the black champions all make less then their compatriots

Your either a legit sport or your not, picking favorites and pandering to brwalers is like 2000 UFC stuff were 20 years in Dana billon dollar industry how bout we just worry about getting the best of the best in their together.

I get it ppl booing is bad... then cut Maia period. dont blame WOodley for not throwing cautin to the wind and destroying his legacy for your cheers

People criticizing Maia are no better than the people criticizing woodley

It's a freakin fight and everyone has their techniques

Maia was working and woodley was smart

Both guys tried, mma doesnt have to be an all knockout or sub match all the time

For title fights, people just want them to be exciting / entertaining and make people not regret paying for the ticket or ppv.

I'm siding with Woodley and ever since he's pulled the race card, I can't unsee the favoritism.

Not once did Tyron say anything along the lines of "because I'm black" in his most recent interview with Ariel. Looking back at the most recent champs who have all come under criticism from Dana we have:

Amanda Nunes (didn't want to fight)
Mighty Mouse (not a draw)
JBJ (will never headline a maincard)
DC - nothing comes to mind
Even back in the day he was giving Anderson Silva crap

Connor no need for discussion
Stipe - nothing
Rhonda no criticism
Bisping - nothing, GSP ship has sailed back
Luke Rockhold - nothing, even though he's recently criticized the UFC.

I can't think of any white champions that Dana has criticized.

I'm not trying to race bait and if you want to PM me to discuss, please feel free to do so.

For title fights, people just want them to be exciting / entertaining and make people not regret paying for the ticket or ppv.

It's not even that, we just want to see SOMETHING.

In his past 2 fights we've seen 50 minutes of NOTHING.

Dude is a freak athlete but he does absolutely nothing besides defend takedowns and throw right hands.

His leg kicks are insane and he literally never throws them.

He deserved to get boo'd out of the damn building and he deserves criticism because this is the same man who damn near refused to give Wonderboy a rematch after a draw, stating that he wanted a money fight.

You can't fight like this and call shots, it doesn't work like that.

Basically a jab happy Gsp vs a safe woodley

Not going to say one is a better style than the other tbh

But yes, woodley is in no position to call his shots or demand fights. That's fair to say

It's a good warm up to the Division

But I'd like to see him wash Cain and get another W on AKA

jones has cleaned that LHW division, it's time to push himself.
brock would be a great first opponent...
big money fight
brock doesn't like getting hit, very limited with his strikes

then again if brock can land a takedown and hold him down, it could be a long night

Back
Top Bottom