The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If that was, gsp wasn't even the champ coming into the fight

He vacated his belt a month after he beat Hendricks

Comparison wouldn't make much sense

Seems pretty applicable:

GSP not champ coming into 2017 MW title fight, vacates after win due to illness.

Superboy not champ coming into 2017 BW title fight, vacates after win due to military service.

Seems pretty applicable:

GSP not champ coming into 2017 MW title fight, vacates after win due to illness.

Superboy not champ coming into 2017 BW title fight, vacates after win due to military service.
Just have to think what it would do to the feathweight division if superboy won then vacated the title

I believe they had a hard time selling max vs aldo in the first place when conor was stripped right? The narrative was that whoever won that bout wasnt the rightful champ since conor never lost, that's why it didn't sell well

It'd be similar if superboy won and vacated

I really don't see them giving Superboy a shot this year even with a KO this weekend and then an impressive KO/finish in a few months against the likes of Emmett, Lamas or even Elkins. After Ortega another contender could be either Emmett or Elkins if he wins impressively this Sun and they set him up with another top 5-10 contender.

They can easily fast track Ortega to be that new challenger that yair couldn't be

In fact they could just as easily rehabilitate yairs image by giving him friendly matchups as well

Outside of that they don't have young bankable characters in that division

Shoot, if Frankie pulls off the w, there could be a chance of a rematch

I could see Ortega holding out until UFC 222 and if Max wins I think they'd give him the shot in the summer. Really hoping the Blessed era continues as Max can keep defending regularly.

Either way it's a damn shame about the required military service

Having max, Ortega, superboy and yair battling each other could be special

Demetrius had surgery to repair damage to his shoulder. He really is delaying this fight with TJ :lol:

Demetrius had surgery to repair damage to his shoulder. He really is delaying this fight with TJ :lol:
I guess Johnson said he's sacrificed his health in the past fighting 4 times a year and now he's going to be smart and only fight twice this year

Looks like he wasn't joking

Looks like Frankie and Moraes got their black belts

Khabib teasing big news coming soon

Barboza says he's already back hard at training. Wants another fight with a top contender. In an ideal world I'd like to see him take on Gaethje, Dustin rematch Alvarez and Tony fight Khabib

In an alternate universe, I'd also like to see Conor take on Tony/Khabib and Nate fight the other one

Kevin Lee needs a fight.

So does Michael Johnson.

Some more fun fights out there at 155.
Yes Kevin Lee can fight one of Gaejthe or Barboza if they don't face off

Michael Johnson is fighting this Sunday at 145 pounds against Darren Elkins who's been on a tear, should definitely be interesting lol. Johnson says he hasn't been 145 since high school

Kevin Lee needs a fight.

So does Michael Johnson.

Some more fun fights out there at 155.
I'd like to see Lee and Gaethje go at it. That could be a great fight.

Maybe Khabib will fight Tony at 223 for the opportunity to fight Conor this summer lol. I hope this isn't the case and Tony gets the fight with Conor first but nothing would surprise me.

Thanks for the heads up. Hadn’t heard a peep about it.
Yea its lame they placed his fight on the Prelims when he's making his featherweight debut against Elkins who's on a 5 fight win streak. I don't get why this fight night only has 4 fights on the main card, seems like sometimes these type of cards would have had 6 main fights.

Looking ahead the upcoming PPV cards are very top heavy with the fights outside of the co-mains being lesser known fighters. The UFC definitely needs a big card soon. It appears they tried to make the Rivera-Moraes fight for UFC on Fox in Feb but Rivera is unavailable on that date smh.

Yea its lame they placed his fight on the Prelims when he's making his featherweight debut against Elkins who's on a 5 fight win streak. I don't get why this fight night only has 4 fights on the main card, seems like sometimes these type of cards would have had 6 main fights.

Looking ahead the upcoming PPV cards are very top heavy with the fights outside of the co-mains being lesser known fighters. The UFC definitely needs a big card soon. It appears they tried to make the Rivera-Moraes fight for UFC on Fox in Feb but Rivera is unavailable on that date smh.

Even the Fox card is surprisingly soft right now IMO.

but the funny thing is Jimmy had that bald head look before Rogan did. I'm happy for Jimmy. He's going to be a great addition.
Great move by the UFC , as him and Joe have similar styles I'd guess he'll be on the FS1/Fox cards with someone like Anik unless Joe is out and he stands in for him on a PPV. Would be funny to see the two baldies on at the same time though.

This weekends card being on Sunday threw me off, hope they show Stephens walkout to Eazy E lol. That song will never get old.

Back
Top Bottom