The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

i wish anders would stop respecting this man so much and just cut off the damn cage then blast him in his glass jaw.

anders :smh: anybody with a positive fight iq would've had machida stiff on the mat.

didnt watch the fight, but saw the stats for the valentina fight and ppl commenting on mario yamasaki not stopping it
i assume it was that dominant and fight should've been stopped way earlier

cant recall a fight where the corner threw in the towel during the round, but when you getting outstruck like that, you got to just protect your fighter since they rarely tap to punches

Yeah Mario should have stopped it in the first round. Valentina had the other chick in the crucifix and kept raining down shots. Mario was just letting it go. And even in the 2nd round, Valentina had full mount and rained punches and Mario once again didn't stop the fight.

Looking at the next 5 or events for the UFC... Continues to be struggle city.. hate to say it but the sport overall is legit not on the rise imo not saying it's on the decline either but even if conor was fighting I wouldn't say the sport is in a great spot

It's sad to think this way but there's not that consistent wow factor that the sport had for many years previously

It’s weird seeing TJ talk about people earning title shots when he himself hasn’t earned a rightful shot at DJ yet here we are

Yeah I'd much prefer tj just stay at 135 but I'm sure the dj fight is a lucrative opp so I understand where he's coming from

Guys definitely getting better at making financial decisions these days but it does make most of them look either ridiculous or unlikable. It's the climate of mma right now

I mean look at this guy covington. He's still tweeting about Brazil being a dump and what not. Trolling or not someone gotta put a beating on him whether it's in the octagon or in the street

Wait a minute hold up, the UFC just tweeted they're holding their first ever ppv in Chicago in June and cm punk retweeted

Sport saved

It's lit

Looking at the next 5 or events for the UFC... Continues to be struggle city.. hate to say it but the sport overall is legit not on the rise imo not saying it's on the decline either but even if conor was fighting I wouldn't say the sport is in a great spot

It's sad to think this way but there's not that consistent wow factor that the sport had for many years previously

It’s clearly because there are too many cards.

Cards used to be once a month or once every two months. Regional expansion and TV deals required them to deliver content.

Their promotion is also doodoo. They don’t do a great job of promoting their stars. Greek Freak? I know him. Joel Embiid? Know him. New Orlean’s Davis? Maybe not the biggest NBA Star but tracking to be one in the next few years. Yair Rodriguez. LI Quinta. Even their champs are no bodies.

Lastly, their two biggest divisions, LHW and HW, have been super shallow the last few years. LHW has been without JBJ and no new cast of upstarts. HW has no new upstarts and no big marketable star. They tried to put the rocket on Cain but his constant injuries and losses to JDS and Werdum derailed the hype train. He’s also a humble personality that shows it in the octagon not in promotion ala Chael, Connor or Bisping.

too many events, not enough stars to headline these events. injuries and late cancellations ruin the cards that has potential. also, it only takes one loss to derail a fighter that they've hyped. in the end, the fertittas and dana made out like bandits on wme

I was thinking about how there’s only a few matchups out there that interest me. bellator and ufc been putting out a bunch of meh cards that barely gets attention. They should scale back but that ain’t happening.

They should throw paper at him to fight on it.

No title fight with Max out. Going to be a tough sell for a PPV.

Cub offered to fight him

I'm wondering if they pull the trigger on Eddie or they do something out of left field like a welterweight match

Cub offered to fight him

I'm wondering if they pull the trigger on Eddie or they do something out of left field like a welterweight match
It seems that Nate doesn't want the Eddie fight, other than Conor I'm not sure what other fights he'd even entertain. The Twood fight seemed ridiculous when I first heard it was offered to Nate.

This weekends' Fight Night was pretty uneventful but Valentina is likely the top contender in the WFLW division, I can see her dominating Nico should they make that fight next. Anders needed to be more aggressive, he'd have one or two good shots against Machida and then just ease off for way too long. Pretty frustrating fight, plus Machida had a similar style and both guys didn't really engage that often.

I too wonder what nate is thinking

I hope it isn't Kevin lee

Max Holloway with one of the goat comebacks on conor you'll ever see. Lmaoooo

Conor posted a pic of him punching max and a caption "when there is no ref to save you".. so max posted a pic of Conor's fight getting waved off vs Floyd with the caption "when there is "

I too wonder what nate is thinking

I hope it isn't Kevin lee

Max Holloway with one of the goat comebacks on conor you'll ever see. Lmaoooo

Conor posted a pic of him punching max and a caption "when there is no ref to save you".. so max posted a pic of Conor's fight getting waved off vs Floyd with the caption "when there is "
that had me dead. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom