The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Why do Wonderboy's fights always ending up being slightly lackluster

his opponents knows what happens when they get too aggressive
before the woodley fights, wonderboy was finishing guys like ellenberg, robert whitaker, hendricks

it'll be a split going to till. they cant have him chalk up an L, especially at home.
wonderboy is pretty much a gatekeeper for the division

I thought Till was the clear winner, aggressor the whole fight,octagon control, striking was pretty even but Till dropped him in the 5th. I thought it would be split for Till but who knows.

WonderBoy needs to pick it up, I respect the guy and his skills but hes too counter heavy. It worked early in his UFC career but man his fight style is a snoozefest as of late.

Could of easily seen this been a draw as well.

Wonderboy and Holly are two of the UFCs elite strikers but their last few fights have been snooze fests. Their opponents know their game plan and don't want to engage. So frustrating

T-Wood has been a boring fighter of late, his opponents play in to that but his last 3 have been naps too.

Of course Maia and Thompson being his opposition plays a big part but after seeing Colby dominate Maia it really made you realize how safe Tyron has played it since he got the belt.

Wonderboy got robbed. No way Fat Boy won 4 rounds.
They had similar output so you have to defer to octagon control and aggression (which are both officially a part of judges scoring criteria). We get it, you hate him :lol: definitely shouldn't have been 4-1. Been a robbery is just asinine.

They had similar output so you have to defer to octagon control and aggression (which are both officially a part of judges scoring criteria). We get it, you hate him :lol: definitely shouldn't have been 4-1. Been a robbery is just asinine.

Hate? That was literally my second post ever about the guy. Your man came in overweight after basically bragging about weighing 215. That's trash regardless of who does it. At this point if I'm a fighter in the UFC there's no real deterrent to coming in overweight in a big time matchup. Now Fat Boy is going to still get a nice bump in his ratings and find himself a fight away from a title shot. It's cheating.

Back to the fight, aggression is overrated when you're swinging and missing. You could've sold me on a split decision going either way. But 4 rounds to 1 is BS and a robbery

It should have been a draw or Split Decision for Till IMO.

Till was backing down Thompson all fight, landing legs kicks, shots here and there, higher output,higher strikes landed,dropped him in the 5th.

49-46 isnt what I had in my mind more like 48-47 for Till.

Thompson could have won this fight just as easy had he upped the aggression and stopped backing against the cage looking for counters. You know Wonderboy isnt looking for the take down, you know hes setting up karate kicks, you know he wants to counter, you know his only forward movement is 2-3 straight punches and hes out.

Stephen Thompson is a solid top 10 WW and although his style is tricky, he doesnt have a ton of tools that he uses so it makes a bit easier for these guys to gameplan.

Till did a good job of being patient, working the lead leg, backing him down.

Im excited to see how far Darren can go and what comes for Thompson in the future.

wonderboy is a damn good fighter and definitely top 5 in that weight class. nobody has ever stopped him, but it's just difficult to score his fights when it comes down to a decision. think they should run it back again, but i could see dana wanting to have till fight another top guy and then a shot at title

Hate? That was literally my second post ever about the guy. Your man came in overweight after basically bragging about weighing 215. That's trash regardless of who does it. At this point if I'm a fighter in the UFC there's no real deterrent to coming in overweight in a big time matchup. Now Fat Boy is going to still get a nice bump in his ratings and find himself a fight away from a title shot. It's cheating.

Back to the fight, aggression is overrated when you're swinging and missing. You could've sold me on a split decision going either way. But 4 rounds to 1 is BS and a robbery
Aggression is overrated? Then what did Wonderboy do to win the fight? They matched each other strike for strike. So you have to default to the clinches and forward pressure that Till had

I had wonder boy winning at least 3 rounds

not mad at the decision, it was a good fight but JUDGES need to come up with some kind of UNIFORM standard of judging these fights....49-46???????

Granted till was pushing forward, but WB was LANDING going backwards and throwing alot of kicks to the body...

Till got all the confidence in the world right now, hes gaining momentum running downhill....hes a dangerous fight for anyone at the moment, even Woodley.

Back
Top Bottom