The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If Eddie really got the call after he just lost to Dustin. Sheesh
Word, few other guys would need to be hurt for him to get the call. If the Conor/Khabib fight does go down itll be interesting to see who they give Dustin next. I think Ferguson or Lee take him out of the picture.

What "call"?

It seems as if that person believes Dana holds Eddie in high enough regard that if either Khabib or Conor were unable to fight, when scheduled, Eddie would be his first call as a replacement.

Eddie is one more major loss away from being a gatekeeper at 155. That’s even if they re-sign him because he sees himself being worth more than I think they’ll offer him

I didnt mean that in the way of he has the right to be the fill in in terms of rankings but weveseen how some of the last second cancelations happen. And Dana be goin half a dozen guys down the line just trying to save a card. Few guys actually STAY ready because the cuts are so fierce. I dont think thats a problem for eddie. Short notice hell be on weight and willing.

It seems as if that person believes Dana holds Eddie in high enough regard that if either Khabib or Conor were unable to fight, when scheduled, Eddie would be his first call as a replacement.

Eddie is one more major loss away from being a gatekeeper at 155. That’s even if they re-sign him because he sees himself being worth more than I think they’ll offer him
Eddie's future should be renewing his contract with the UFC but this last loss definitely hurts his negotiating power. He's still an entertaining fighter but at this point he'll likely need to win 2-3 more to sniff another shot. The LW picture is incredibly cloudy now with the title fight being unknown and a couple guys near the top.

Mark Henry is taking responsibility for the 12-6 elbow. He was motioning for elbows and Eddie took the motion literal which was a 12-6

Max says he’s good and wants to fight by the end of the year

That's such a cop out. Eddie is letting himself get portrayed as some mindless drone that doesn't know the rules of MMA. First fight, "my instincts took over and I delivered those knees," and now he's blindly following his coaches orders despite knowing the strikes are illegal.

It’s a dumb rule but Eddie knows better. He’s had some weird brain farts in there in terms of the rules. I’m glad Dustin got the win

Max isn’t ruling out 155 but said he has unfinished business at 145. And that he respects Ortega’s decision to not fight

Yeah good to see him get a win, and a first round stoppage at that. Stephens definitely had him in trouble though, but dude hits like a truck and never dropped Aldo even though he hurt him so I guess that's kinda good news as far as his chin deteriorating is concerned.

Curious to see what his next move is.

Usman says he’s accepted a fight against covington in November but doubts covington will sign

Colby could just sit tight and wait to see how the September fight plays out. Till v woodley really could just be to see who gets to fight Colby :lol:

Dana hinted at the winner of Woodley Till fighting Colby but I would be more confident in that happening if he said no.

They are. For WW. Rory, the champ has to participate after his “super” fight with Gegard Mousasi.

There’s also the current HW tournament.

Tj has been training with cub and his boxing coach and also lomachenko. Wow

He sparred with lomo for his last fight but not this fight though

Back
Top Bottom