The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

This fight is designed to turn Dustin into a star i’m assuming. Get some shine off of Nate’s name, if you will.

Personally, I think Diamond washes him. Seems to me that he’s outgrown the whole “glass chin” thing. Dude is in his prime, skilled all around, and on a run. Meanwhile you’re catching Nate off a 2 1/2 year layoff.

Kevin Lee has to be pissed. He’s been calling out Nate for over a year now.

I’m still thinking about how Dustin got murked by Michael Johnson. I think Conor still KOs him if they ever fight again. Tony probably gets him, Kevin Lee controls him with wrestling, Khabib mauls him.

If Nate wasn’t coming off a 2 year lay off I’d say style wise this is probably the best matchup Nate could ask for at the top of the lightweight division outside of Conor. He’s probably thinking the same since he’s deciding to jump off the couch for this one. If ring rust or age isn’t an issue I think Nate should get this but you never know.

Dustin’s run reminds me of Matt Brown’s in a lot of ways. His standup is looking strong right now but I think once he gets to the top level he’s gonna be taking Ls. And Matt Brown had a better chin, I think Dustin’s chin is always gonna limit him based on his style.

Dustin got washed by Johnson cuz he was extra emotional just like his fight against conor at 145. The bad blood was real in both of those from Dustin’s side and it cost him big

If he fights under control which I absolutely think he will, it’ll be a close bloody battle

If Dustin was younger and didn’t have his kid I think he’d fall for the Diaz trash talk but these days if you listen to him speak, he’s got a whole other mindset

Sometimes I forget MM is a legit dwarf. My man looks about 4’10 in these Embeddeds.

Really want to make a big play on Cub but I’m not feeling his mannerisms leading up to Saturday, he seems defeated already. I know Moicano only has 1 loss against Ortega but he hasn’t impressed me enough to be this big of a favorite over a true veteran like Swanson.

Will Johnson most likely beat Cejudo? Of course, but I’ve just got a feeling Henry gives him a run for his money and possibly puts an end to his reign on Saturday.

I definitely did not see the Dustin/Nate fight being made but it's a welcome surprise. Would be awesome to see both of them at the press conference today (never know with Diaz and the media though lol). Wonder who they have left to headline 230? With the Conor/Khabib fight rumored for 229, Twood/Till at 228, the two title fights on Sat, Whittaker out a while, they would really need someone to make a quick turn around it appears. Just hope its not a matchup like Cyborg-Nunes.

Of course Nate would no show a presser in his home state lol. At least Dustin showed up. No Conor/Khabib there but it seems almost inevitable that fight is going down at 229.

latest

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom