The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

So he should take silly fights against bigger guys for the same pay but for the respect of... who exactly? Anybody that actually watches the sport have him as the best pound for pound and one of the top 2 or 3 to ever step in the cage.
I was actually getting annoyed by DJ recently with his unwillingness to move up or let TJ come down.. but after seeing that video above I completely understood his reasoning.. LEVERAGE. It's terrible the levels these fighters have to go to in order to get compensated correctly. UFC's greediness/incompetence will be their undoing.

Ariel:

Hasan Magomedsharipov, Zabit Magomedsharipov's 17-year-old brother, is currently in New Jersey training with the Ricardo Almeida BJJ team. Like his brother, he has competed in amateur wushu sanda, but he has no amateur MMA or boxing experience. His coach Mark Henry tells me he‘s been sparring Frankie Edgar, Marlon Moraes and Zabit and more than holds his own. He's impressing everyone. The plan is for him to enter the Diamond Gloves boxing tournament in August. Everyone is glowing about his potential. A name to remember.
remember? I can't even pronounce it !

So he should take silly fights against bigger guys for the same pay but for the respect of... who exactly? Anybody that actually watches the sport have him as the best pound for pound and one of the top 2 or 3 to ever step in the cage.

Not like we haven’t seen fighters move up to test themselves and get another belt (penn, henderson, most recently dc) I don’t give a damn about respect, I want to see better fights. Plus he’s already fought in that weight class before.

They can fight after dillashaw knocks out that neck tattoo guy again. Funny how neck tattoo is calling him classless like he isn’t a giant douchebag himself.

I mean how much does MM want? He gets paid over 400k to show and PPV points plus the opportunity to cement his legacy as the greatest P4P fighter ever. Seems like a win-win to me. I’m sure he will get a bump to face TJ as well, just seems like he’s pricing himself out of the fight.

I say this as a fan of MM who wants to see him beat everyone within reach. It’s not his fault that his division isn’t deep but he’s on his 3rd bout of facing the same guy twice. We’ve seen this before, we just want to see new challenges.

It’s just a weird situation. He’s openly admitted he’s not a draw and WANTS to be the co main or even lower on big PPVs to piggyback off other fighters for PPV points. He has little to no leverage.

This is where the promotion aspect that MM fails at comes in to play.

You beat Cejudo, hold your nuts and call out TJ or just both of them.Then when/If TJ wins and does his callout, boom. You’ve created the spark and the interest is there and created all on one night in front of everyone.Thus equaling a bigger payday both from show money and PPV points when they do fight.

Then if he beats Dillashaw his stock rises, creating larger paydays in future fights.

Just take 500-600k to show, collect your PPV points to boost you to 1 - 1.5 million, and go home to your family as the P4P best fighter.

With that said, I’m still very interested in the Cejudo rematch. Cejudo has grown a lot from their first fight and he’s the toughest fight for MM at this point in time. After Cejudo though there just isn’t much left for MM in the flyweight division.

Cody is that angry kid who’d bully everyone else in school to be accepted by others.

He sounds dumb as bricks every time he speaks.

Cody is that angry kid who’d bully everyone else in school to be accepted by others.

He sounds dumb as bricks every time he speaks.

Not too many things worse than a guy that is not well spoken, trying to sound intelligent.

I gotta stop taking such long hiatuses from this thread.

With that said, I’m still very interested in the Cejudo rematch. Cejudo has grown a lot from their first fight and he’s the toughest fight for MM at this point in time. After Cejudo though there just isn’t much left for MM in the flyweight division.

His striking looked pretty crisp in his last bouts with Sergio and Reis, an area that was definitely lacking in their last bout. I still don't think he has enough to beat DJ tho.

I got my 'money' on Cody this weekend. As many others have said, he would have most likely won the first bout had he had more time in the first. Even getting clipped by TJ in the 2nd was seemingly such a small window of error for that finish the first time.

I'm hella excited for these bouts this weekend.

DjnDGxtX0AYqPst.jpg

Ariel got played on the White House thing lol, Colby back in the driver seat, they’re gonna feed him the winner of woodley till

That dude Colby is a loser, he still won’t sell tickets. Will definitely stream him getting his head knocked off by Woodley tho.

Back
Top Bottom