The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

DJ won 1, 3, 5. 2 can go either way but I'd give it Cejudo becasue of the late take down. 4 was Cejudo's

48-47 #AndStill
Scorecard.jpeg

You like arguing for the sake of arguing, Jesus :lol:

You're gonna penalize a guy because of top position? Well, don't get taken down then. Simple as that. Securing position is grappling 101, what's so hard to understand

Even DJ said the fight could have gone either way. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for you to comprehend that Cejudo fought a good fight

No one's arguing, we just have different point of views. You're just not very good at articulating your points. You continue to mention top position as if take downs transfer from round to round.

Cejudo did not secure any position in the 5th Round. He kept his distance until there was 2 minutes left in the round. After DJ was pressing forward and connecting with leg kicks. And if my memory serves me correctly, a few backs you were defending the Till decision over Wonderboy solely because he was moving forward even though there was no action. Cejudo then goes for the takedown which DJ immediately escapes. Again using your own words, "it is your responsibility to get up if you get taken down"

So I'm just trying to understand what is it that you saw in the 5th Round.

The leg kicks, I'll give him that. But if you get taken down, it's your responsibility to get up or work from the bottom.

Scorecard.jpeg

No one's arguing, we just have different point of views. You're just not very good at articulating your points. You continue to mention top position as if take downs transfer from round to round.

Cejudo did not secure any position in the 5th Round. He kept his distance until there was 2 minutes left in the round. After DJ was pressing forward and connecting with leg kicks. And if my memory serves me correctly, a few backs you were defending the Till decision over Wonderboy solely because he was moving forward even though there was no action. Cejudo then goes for the takedown which DJ immediately escapes. Again using your own words, "it is your responsibility to get up if you get taken down"

So I'm just trying to understand what is it that you saw in the 5th Round.
That was in direct response to the tweet you posted about DJ being held. If you are being held, then get up. I don't know why that's still hard to understand

The trip takedown was the most significant event in the 5th round. And yes, he secured position. Even if he was on top for a few seconds, he secured the position. Those are points in BJJ. The two takedowns cejudo got in the 4th were the most significant events. Cejudo finish the last two minutes in the 2nd on top, were the most significant events (I'm detecting a pattern here)

The Till fight is completely different than this because if a fight stays standing, you look at aggression and pressure. Which till had (and not that it matters, but cejudo even had more pressure and octagon control than DJ did in this fight Even Rogan referenced his center control).

From MMAFighting, I feel like these numbers are getting higher from a year or two ago. TJ getting a guaranteed 350K is solid

“Mighty Mouse” took in a guaranteed $380,000

Cejudo pulled in a guaranteed $100,000. Neither Johnson nor Cejudo earned a win bonus. Johnson is believed to be getting a share of the pay-per-view revenue for the event.

Dillashaw pulled in a guaranteed $350,000 for the bout. Garbrandt, the former champ, made a guaranteed $200,000.

The next highest purse on the card was Cub Swanson, who made a guaranteed $90,000 for his fight with Renato Moicano

Moicano cashed a guaranteed $52,000 ($26,000 to show and $26,000 for the win). Swanson would have made another $40,000 had he won.

Close fight or not, you don’t take the belt off someone who’s been your best fighter in the last 10 years or so. Cejudo did not do enough to deserve the belt, a draw maybe. You have to dethrone a champion. This was a racist move by the UFC. DJ has not been in good with the Dana for some time now. There gonna try and screw over Woodley next.

tHu9pcv.gif

Close fight or not, you don’t take the belt off someone who’s been your best fighter in the last 10 years or so. Cejudo did not do enough to deserve the belt, a draw maybe. You have to dethrone a champion. This was a racist move by the UFC. DJ has not been in good with the Dana for some time now. There gonna try and screw over Woodley next.

Man speaking of Woodley...when I was in Vegas last month I was at one of the malls on the strip and I see a sign that says “Meet Tyron Woodley at Buckle” so I’m like oh ****, walk over there and this man was demanding that anyone that wanted to meet him/take a picture with him has to buy at least $70 of Affliction clothing :lol:

Man speaking of Woodley...when I was in Vegas last month I was at one of the malls on the strip and I see a sign that says “Meet Tyron Woodley at Buckle” so I’m like oh ****, walk over there and this man was demanding that anyone that wanted to meet him/take a picture with him has to buy at least $70 of Affliction clothing :lol:

This can't be real life. Does this fool really think he's got that kind of star power

I didn't even know Affliction was a still a thing :lol:

Thought that sh*t died off before the turn of the decade along with Ed Hardy.

Another classic dc “I’m only fighting Brock because I’m fighting Brock” :rofl:

Just like last night when he said “khabib is a savage, but Conor is a, savage” :rofl:

“There is no reason I wouldn’t fight Stipe. I’m only fighting Brock because I’m fighting Brock. But if he doesn’t make it, I’ll fight Stipe again. There you go.”

This can't be real life. Does this fool really think he's got that kind of star power

I didn't even know Affliction was a still a thing :lol:

Thought that sh*t died off before the turn of the decade along with Ed Hardy.

I was expecting there to be a long *** line out the store to meet him and when I saw there was nobody in there I knew something was up :lol:

Ariel and Chael seem to have a new post fight show where the fighters actually stop by their set to speak

Maybe just for ppvs, I found that pretty interesting

Can we get a list together of people who said Khabib is the GOAT? Just trying to have a central spot so when The Notorious One beats him, we can ask those members to bend the knee ...

Last edited:
Glad TJ won, he’s way too good :lol:

Kinda had a feeling DJ was gonna lose early in the fight, I was getting a vibe that he doesn’t give a **** anymore. Thought he won though

Can we get a list together of people who said Khabib is the GOAT? Just trying to have a central spot so when The Notorious One beats him, we can ask those members to bend the knee ...
Mark my words, Conor will finish khabib. Khabib gets sloppy when he tries to close the distance for his takedowns. Conor is a master at elluding the takedown and creating space when he needs it. All it takes is one crack for khabib to throw his entire game plan out the window

I’m not even a Conor fanboy and I think he’ll win. Khabib is a little overrated to me. Joe Rogan deep throats him a little too much and I think it sways people’s opinions

Conor gonna get washed by Khabib on the feet, McGregor stand up is overrated. Boring fighter.Never even defended one of his belts that was gifted to him by Dana WHITE.

I’m not even a Conor fanboy and I think he’ll win. Khabib is a little overrated to me. Joe Rogan deep throats him a little too much and I think it sways people’s opinions

this. fight starts standing up and i think conor has more than enough power to have khabib shook. the first time conor hits him, he is going to feel it. would not be surprised if he knocks him out early

Back
Top Bottom