The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Woodley succumbs to heavy forward pressure and dudes pushing him against the cage, i.e Usman & Rory.

That said Woodley also has that equalizer ko punch.

Also we haven't seen Tyron since the Usman L and his move to Tristar. Firas got Kevin Lee looking like a real contender again so who knows, maybe Tyron added some wrinkles and will have a better plan moving forward on how to deal with pressure fighters.

What Colby did to Lawler was only able to happen because Colby knew Lawler doesnt knock people out anymore. Credit to him for standing in the pocket early but he essentially marched thru the initial flurry to implement his gameplan. If he tried that against twood hes going to sleep. And even if he doesnt does he have the same forward pressure kamru does? Nah. When you look at who Kumaru beat and how then Colby I think theres a little more distance between than the two then sat night showed. If they fight again I suspect a grappling heavy style and Kamaru to dominate him.

Colby reminds of prime weidman a bit.

Heart and cardio of a ************ but skills wise... where are they REALLY. Great wrestlers but maybe not as elite as their amatuer records would indicate. And good strikers but not top tier by any means. So can their intangibles get them over on most guys. Sure. Elite guys? TBD. But it ain't lookin great.

I'm not writing him off though. If he doesnt tuck tail to WWE theirs a gang of dudes he would whoop up on and could be right back in 18 months

True, Robbie didn't look great against Cowboy or RDA. He looked rejuvenated against Askren but most of the damage came from that slam and ground and pound.

The Weidman comparison is an interesting one too, you may have a point there. Colby's best wins are against RDA, Lawler and Maia. It could be argued that both RDA and Lawler are kinda past it, or at least no longer at the elite level. Maia is always dangerous but he's older too, and elite wrestlers give him problems. Weidman was running through the old guard at middleweight but once he started running into the new elite it was all bad for him. I guess we'll just have to see with Colby.

Let's not make dog **** false equivalencies because Colby is a tool.

As if coming back the next game with a cage on your face in a sport where you have a foot on average over your competition is the same as fist fighting Kumaru Usman in your underwear in front of 50k people

Nah nah nah. We get it hockey players are mythically tough.

His jaw was in literal pieces.

That sh*t would hurt if you take a wrong step, never mind getting body checked by dudes 200 lbs+.

Also, I never said Colby wasn't tough. Only he didn't have the level of fracture to his jaw that they were making it out to be.

Last edited:
Bro this thread BLEW UP over the last 48 hours....

thought conor was fighting

colby got yall ACTIVE lol

its funny because when bruce announced usman for the main event, no one was cheering for this dude lol everyone was there just to see colby loose

fight was great, whole card was great

Think max lost something in that dustin fight, hope he get his rematch but his momentum has came to a halt. He had an amazing run, one of the best we seen....

I didn’t know wiring your jaw shut looked so hardcore on the inside. Seems like a huge pain in the ***.

‘Mystic Mac’ is set to make his long-awaited return to the Octagon in the main event of UFC 246 against Donald Cerrone. According to Roddy, the plan after is for Conor McGregor to fight Masvidal.

“That’s the plan,” Roddy told MMA Fighting’s Eurobash podcast. That’s what he wants to do and there’s one thing I always say: when Conor says he wants to do something, if anyone is going to do it, he can. But, let’s not look past Cerrone. He’s a tricky opponent and he’s a veteran with tricks up his sleeve. But Conor going in there the way he looks now, he should do well.”

Good luck watching the ufc card this Saturday. Starts at 2AM pacific time
LOL saw that when I was watching the 245 card. As it's on ESPN+ I'll prob catch it later Saturday or Sunday and try to steer clear of spoilers which shouldn't be too hard unless some spectacular KO happens and ESPN posts it to IG or something. The top three fights are intriguing as you have Korean Superboy returning though I've never heard of his opponent, Volkan vs Rakic' which could be a banger and then the main event which I'm hoping Zombie gets a finish and proves he belongs towards the top of the FW division.

Aldo

“He was scared, his eyes were different. The guy didn’t want to fight. Fans were booing and I was putting pressure the entire time. I don’t know how they came up with that result. I’m the most honest guy in the world. If I think I lost, like the (Alexander) Volkanovski fight, I’ll say I lost. But I don’t think I lost this fight.”

Sorry so late, I'll make this quick:
A. I felt Aldo won although it was close. Marales didn't even think he won. You can see it in his face when they line up for the decision.
Are we even scoring octagon control/pressure?

Alex did great job at disrupting Max’s Rhytm with the leg kicks. But outside that any other damage was minimal. They tried going for the TD’s after the leg damage, but Max stuffed every attempt. Max didn’t do much damage but had better ring generalship. Especially in Rounds 4 and 5. Has was never hurt or in danger. No way any ref should of had this 50-45. Should of been a draw.

Max is my guy, but strikes 'not phasing' him isn't a good metric IMO. He completely changed his stance bc of the leg kicks. He was never able to get into a flow due to Volk constantly exploding forward, not waiting on Max. It was basically 5-0 Volk IMO. He made some of the rounds close but he was grossly outstruck in the 3 rounds before he switched back to SP. 4-1 best outcome IMO

Nope. Woolley would have gassed. Covington got a chin on him.

Absoulutely. Woodley would have gotten backed up to the fence and become a punching bag looking for his 'out' with 1 counter. He would've lost to volume. It's the single most disappointing thing about his fight approach in-cage.

The only bad call was the low blow, it wasn’t a low blow. But I don’t think that influenced the fight all that much

I think the 'low blow' was one of those things where he hits the cup making it shift into Us's junk or some really uncomfortable pinching.

Actually.....

Connor didnt run like a ***** when he lost. He stuck around and talked.

This is grade A *****ery
He should of have let it ride. The outcome would of have been the same .
I dont see how anyone had it 2-2 going into the 5th. 3-1 Colby is crazy considering that Usman was doing more with pressure and ring control.
Seriously are we even scoring octagon control/pressure?

I personally had Usman all the way through, he was landing the cleaner HARDER punches at a higher percentage. The only reason the numvers are kind of close is because Colby is throwing about +20 more strikes per round. A bulk of his offense was hitting air or mostly blocked. Although he did land some good shots, enough to make Usman stop his offense momentarily.

Gotta cut bro a break. His jaw was broken. He wasn't gonna say **** worth while other than some murmurs and blood trickling from his mouth. He needed to get looked at immediately.
He's being too tough for his own good, it's just unecessary punishment for a guy that's not going to quit. That was a good stop IMO especially knowing what we know. Bro was done.
How he fought 2 extra rounds like that is beyond me. Not like he wasn't taking clean shots to the face after the break either.
After all that buildup and dislike I had for Colby, I started to feel bad for homie. He's taking it on the chin all because of an act to 'save his career'? I mean big-time punished. It's kind of sad when you think about it.

Aldo tripping, he just trynna double down for that Cejudo fight lol. He let go of the gas the last couple mins of the 3rd imo, that lost him the fight. Marlon started throwing more and advancing in the end.

Heard Eugene Beremans interview on the Luke Thomas show yesterday and man what them CKB dudes got going on down there is special. The game plan and and the details that he gave of breaking down Max was crazy.

Would've had more respect for Colby if he actually said something meaningful post fight. But doubling down on the so called "gimmick" calling fake news for the stoppage, eye poke, low blow and blaming the ref, shows that he really is basically this character. So he can EAD.

Even Chael in his defeats after some cringy trash talk would show some class in defeats. But Colby tip toeing the line of racism, talking about Usmans pops in jail, and talking about someone who brought Usman into the fight game being in hell, I have zero sympathy for 🤷🏽‍♂️. Even Usman gave the man props for the fight when he could've easily trashed him. He had the perfect post fight interview in response to him and the USA chants.

You guys really believe Colby is gonna stick around and fight for another chance at the belt?

I would of assumed win/loose he was going the WWE route next

You guys really believe Colby is gonna stick around and fight for another chance at the belt?

I would of assumed win/loose he was going the WWE route next
Only thing is Dana might not let him out of his contract so easily, sounds like Dana wants to make the woodley fight

Or if Colby makes trouble, Dana could be petty and just hold him hostage

Thought Aldo won as well but I wish he puts more volume out sometimes. As he is getting older he is countering too often

Back
Top Bottom