The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

What do you guys think of the JRE Max is the FW GOAT narrative?

I feel for as long as Aldo was on top and the name of the bodies, he’s the best FW so far. I respect the run Max and Irish Fella went on. Obviously Volkanowski coming up too.

might as well strip cejudo lil bastard didn't seem like he planned on defending anyway.

I’m struggling to remember a cowboy fight where he really smothered/mushed someone.. if anything I feel like cowboys fighting pace plays right into what Conor likes to do
Same here. He’s probably going to need to clinch and hold to try to take Conor’s cardio away

What do you guys think of the JRE Max is the FW GOAT narrative?

I feel for as long as Aldo was on top and the name of the bodies, he’s the best FW so far. I respect the run Max and Irish Fella went on. Obviously Volkanowski coming up too.

Aldo is the flyweight GOAT by default now that Max lost, he's gotta get it just off longevity.

The best argument for Max is beating Aldo twice, but at the end of the day he only had three title defenses before losing to Volkanovski. Not enough imo, Aldo completely dominated his era.

Good to see Whittaker jumping right back in with a contender. If Cannonier wins he definitely should get next shot but we'll see when Costa is ready to return.

Is Doo Hoo Choi’s mandatory military thing done with or is he just able to fight because it’s in South Korea?

How long is the mandatory Korean military service? 2-3 years? Now that I think about it I always hear about the guys doing it but not the women.

I like Woodley, but this is on brand

“If I would have punched Colby, he would be on life support right now. Like, when I am looking to how many punches those guys took. I was impressed by their durability. I was impressed by the fact that they kept doing it over and over again. But as far as IQ, moving your f*cking head maybe? You know so the punches miss your head. I didn’t see a lot of that. I was surprised I didn’t see a lot of wrestling. And I didn’t see a lot of power. I guess you can’t make a mother f*cker have power though.”

“I just don’t like when people are trying to give unnecessary savage mode because (Colby) broke his jaw. ‘Oh he broke his jaw in the second round and he kept fighting’. But you lost. How many times have I broken my foot against Kelvin Gastelum or tore my shoulder against Demian Maia and f*cked my head up against Darren Till and still fought and won. So f*ck both of them. I don’t wanna give them no love or no clout. I will always have respect for Kamaru, but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to say ‘F*ck him’.”

Rakic and Volkan are monsters. Striking was sharp for 3 rounds. It was a BS decision that Reyes won over Volkan, so I don't mind him getting the close win today

How Rakic passes USADA tests is crazy, but he is on the way up still. Could have easily won that decision

Back
Top Bottom