The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Lee just hasn't elevated himself to that next level
he's not losing close decisions, but getting stopped
don't know where he goes from here as he views himself as a top contender

Sad to see maia lose. Hes one of my favorite fighters of all time. Its time to hang it up. If he wants cerrone i say give it to him

Dude is ****ing delusional. Just postpone the fights. How is Edwards suppose to even make it here with the UK travel ban? Fight is suppose to be Saturdays. Dude also said the matchmakers are making an undercard for that fight so guess a bunch of them are getting scrapped.

Dude is ****ing delusional. Just postpone the fights. How is Edwards suppose to even make it here with the UK travel ban? Fight is suppose to be Saturdays. Dude also said the matchmakers are making an undercard for that fight so guess a bunch of them are getting scrapped.

Luke Thomas called all this last week and I was criticizing him in my mind for being too pessimistic 😂

Luke Thomas called all this last week and I was criticizing him in my mind for being too pessimistic 😂
Lol how did yall not see this coming? Khabib vs Ferg simply ain't happening. Were cursed brush

But yea I knew roughly 5 weeks ago we were headed down this path.

You see italy? Country goes on lockdown. These fools throw parties on the beach, the ski resorts and the middle of their towns.... infections jump 20% in ONE DAY.

This thing is a MFer that's gunna be a disruption another 6 months

I wanna search this thread for my Kevin Lee takes from 2017 but nothing has changed... hes still pretty versatile. Hes still pretty average. His head movement is still garbage. And hes still carrying too much muscle for the division.

Also is Firas a good coach or just a thoughtful speaker? I live hearing him talk. But his fighters arnt doing so well in there atm.

I wanna search this thread for my Kevin Lee takes from 2017 but nothing has changed... hes still pretty versatile. Hes still pretty average. His head movement is still garbage. And hes still carrying too much muscle for the division.

Also is Firas a good coach or just a thoughtful speaker? I live hearing him talk. But his fighters arnt doing so well in there atm.
Firas a good game plan manager, just like Jackson. But they work well with a fighter that understands and will execute like they do. Like Jon Jones and GSP

It’s literally the Bill Bellichek and Brady of the UFC

Not into betting as much as I used to be so I wish I had more $$ in my account and could have gone heavier. Wanted to put like my whole account on trinaldo at -160

F003B318-E655-4572-B15C-D0F7DAB88C83.png

Firas a good game plan manager, just like Jackson. But they work well with a fighter that understands and will execute like they do. Like Jon Jones and GSP

It’s literally the Bill Bellichek and Brady of the UFC

Bellicheck hasn’t had a whole season without Brady but he has made second and third string quarterbacks look good in his system.

JBJ and GSP are the GOATs and dominated while they fought.

Eugene Berriman (SP) from City KB (and staff) has shown good game plans and strategies against Felder, Romero, Holloway, etc.

It’s tough to tell if it’s a coaching thing or a talent thing in MMA. Teams like AKA, Jackson’s (before the Wink), Tristar, etc have all had good talented rosters. Do we gauge them by their win/loss records, chips, etc?

College coaches with great recruiting programs find a way to remain relevant and win. Jackson/Wink is a far cry. And with the departures of Cowboy and Sanchez, that camp (since Greg has sort of given the reigns to Wink) has declined.

Can we just NOT cancel 249?

Too much time for something to happen to these two. More time for Tony to injure himself, more time for Khabib to have Tiramisu.

Dana trying to make sure the stakeholders keep their paychecks coming in... I'm guessing they still have much of the tab to pay on buying the company

At the same time, fighters know they won't get any income if they don't fight

Don't know if Ariel or who Tweeted it, but they made the point that gyms are going to close. I wonder if AKA, Top Team etc. are going to have to? Once that happens I can't really imagine the UFC or Bellator continuing their events, much less their major events with marquee fighters

Bellator doesn't have any scheduled events for a long time, which was a crazy but fortunate coincidence for them

But if the star fighters can't really train properly or sufficiently just seems like it's going to be difficult to continue events, especially the UFC who has weekly ones

My apartment complex notified us that our gym is closing on Monday due to the outbreak.

Can’t see these pro gyms staying open with the risk of outbreak/infections. How will they work out, spar, train, etc? Nutritionists like Mike Dolce, George Lockhart, etc will have issues traveling. Food at supermarkets is scarce right now. Travel is an exposure risk. Saunas probably closed at hotels.

Hate to say it, just postpone for 4-6 weeks.

Screw Content and ESPN contract. How does the NCAA, Masters, NHL, NBA and MLB do it? These fighters should definitely unionize. The unpaid time off, and disregard for their safety is highlighted. Luke Thomas is right.

249 and another fight night can be bolstered fo super cards.

But they won’t do it.

Right? Logistically it just seems like such a stretch for even 50% optimal training

Even if they do have events, as a fan I don't even know how much I'd enjoy a likely hindered product

But bottom line I won't knock anyone, fighter or regular Joe for wanting to support their families and work as long as legally authorized. And... I'd still watch smh

Back
Top Bottom