The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Man I hope Tony doesn't rush to get back in there. This looked like one of those brutal career changing type fights. Worst than Lawler/Rory 2

Im an Aldo fan boy but current wash aldo would give henry problems imo
MellowEvilDugong-size_restricted.gif

CCC proved everyone wrong again. CCC forever. :smokin

khabib's in trouble if he can't take Justin down. Gaethje will knock his skull into the stands. Who is the best wrestler khabib has fought? Gaethje was all-american in college. Dunno how good Gleison Tibau's wrestling is but he's a damn tank and good grappler as well and beat khabib (judges screwed him over).

Could not believe that that goof got slotted ahead of Anthony v. Donald.
It's like they're taking the vince mcmahon approach by pushing people the fans hate. No reason they should be pushing him this much, the ufc loves fighters who beat up women though.

lol where the critical thinkers at?

Greg Hardy gives them a perverse credibility... a real live NFL quality athlete casuals can identify with.... and hes not jus steam rolling people. Win/Win for Dana and co.

I feel for Tony man

Lost a decent bit of money on him last night, but more disappointing were never going to get Tony vs Khabib at this point.

Still don't believe Conor is coming back this year without fans

lol where the critical thinkers at?

Greg Hardy gives them a perverse credibility... a real live NFL quality athlete casuals can identify with.... and hes not jus steam rolling people. Win/Win for Dana and co.

He’s also only lost one fight ever and it was a decision to a good opponent in Volkov. These dudes get their brains bashed and bash others brains for a living...Hardy is crazy as **** but so are 90% of the rest of these dudes :lol:

Also agree that I would like to have seen them give Hardy a better fight, or keep that on the undercard. I would have been annoyed if that was on an ESPN+ or Fox main card.

Precisely why he was on the main. you dont care this much about anyone else that fought till that point.
Nah, watched all the prelims. Kattar's boxing is sick, Carla and Waterson bae were fighting, and I wanted to see who was more washed between pettis and cerrone.

We have hardly seen any grappling in a Gaethje fight.

He clearly has a collegiate wrestling back ground. But will it be enough to mitigate Khabib’s usual game plan?

One of them loses, Ali wins.

I appreciated Justin’s words in his interview. He addressed his style change.

Right now, the top LWs are Khabib, Dustin, Conor and Justin.

I love Tony but he never truly beat anyone in the top 3. He was on a hell of a run. But those dudes are great fighters.

Nate Diaz wouldn’t be a bad fight for him on the rebound. They’ll both give it their all.

or Diamond and him could dance.

135 is a mess right now. TJ getting suspended and Henry retiring. Crazy that DJ could’ve been on top of two divisions right now.

That HW fight should’ve been for the interim title. Francis is the uncrowned king. DC/Stipe and COVID stalling that division hard.

What a card!

I liked to vibe of the fights, it was intensely quiet and could hear everything it was like a real 1 on 1.

CCC in and out, respect. Dude did it right.

This only Tony's first loss in like 8 years, he still in the hunt....I'm thinking he gets mcgregor next.

Duuude....Im'a have to go Francis if him and Stiopic rematch again.

....and DC a foo for saying he wants to see Francis fight for the HW title....just not against him :rofl:

I thought the stoppage against dom was legit...that knee was huge man, its not like dom 22 anymore either...cant be mad at the ref for jumping in there...

ON THE OTHER HAND.....I thought stephens WAS OUT....that last elbow he took to the forehead could have been avoided if Jason stepped in after his head bounced off the matt.

Herb did the right thing man, seeing a tuff guy like tony in there shaking his head trying to stay conscious IS NOT A GOOD SIGN

Happy for Dana and the UFC, hopefully this gives other leagues confidence to proceed....

It was really about Dana willing to be the sacrificial lamb for the press who are not in favor of this event/reopening the country back up.

Someone had to take the initial hit so other leagues can assess the PR backlash and really gauge when the best time to come back is in terms of PR and perception...

Im curious to see the numbers as well....dana going to get a lot of new eyes this week

Cruz will feel better after he gets home and blows that little dog of his. Just give him time.

Back
Top Bottom