The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I do not want to see Khabib try to lay on Gaethje for 5 rounds.

Connor vs Gaethje is the perfect fight that needs to happen.

Right now, the top LWs are Khabib, Dustin, Conor and Justin.

I love Tony but he never truly beat anyone in the top 3. He was on a hell of a run. But those dudes are great fighters.

so tony's not a top fighter because he lost to a top fighter?

pretty sure that's what happens when you actually take fights instead hand picking your opponents when you're "biding your time"

Dom's true colors came out 😂 Dom's always had those tendencies. He's always been prissy and even though he's a solid commentator you can hear sometimes he'll have that know it all 'tude

With that said it doesn't change the way I feel about him. Most of these fighters are prideful as hell so it's kinda to be expected

Dom's true colors came out 😂 Dom's always had those tendencies. He's always been prissy and even though he's a solid commentator you can hear sometimes he'll have that know it all 'tude

With that said it doesn't change the way I feel about him. Most of these fighters are prideful as hell so it's kinda to be expected
He always been like that.

That's why watching him get sonned by Cody was amazing

pretty sure that's what happens when you actually take fights instead hand picking your opponents when you're "biding your time"

He’s number 4 in rankings for me got Dustin Justin and Connor in front of him . Last three fights he took look where all three guys are pettis and cerrone are washed past their prime both of those are not serious contenders . Kevin lee is 2 and 4 in his last 6 fights . Cerrone is 4 and 8 in his last 12 . These are guys who are Washed ufc vets

cruz was eating a bunch of unanswered punches on the ground, if he didn't want the fight to get stopped then he needed to block more or explode to get up. CCC would punch him and dom's head would drop to the mat, that happened 3 or 4 times in the finishing sequence.

i really hope conor doesn't plan on wasting another year due to inactivity and takes an actual quality matchup... a diaz rematch tells us nothing about where he stands in the division.

Fighters are always going to say the stoppage was premature or they could've continued. There should be a rule that if a fighter takes X number of clean blows without throwing any back, ref automatically stops the fight.

I see why it was stopped but damn it was only 2 seconds left and he was getting back to his feet right when he stepped in. For possibly his last fight ever, after 3-4 years of recovery/rehab to go out like that. Dom would get tore up by any of the top 4 contenders though honestly. Should just fight Cody, Aldo or wait for the TJ come back.

I do get why he was so mad, if he told the ref before the fight to only stop it if he was put to sleep. Wonder how many refs actually agree to that since people hate someone like dan margilotta who let's people get absolutely destroyed who still manage to stay conscious.

It's kinda nuts how Cody and CCC looked completely calm and comfortable against Dom's puzzle. Just a matter of the game catching up and evolving and Dom getting old

It was referenced on the broadcast, but TJ also destroyed Dom's legs. I was one of the few who thought TJ did really well even though he whiffed on a bunch of strikes

I don't really see how Dom beats anyone at the top tbh. His style aint fooling any of the elites and he def doesn't have the power to turn lights out

i really hope conor doesn't plan on wasting another year due to inactivity and takes an actual quality matchup... a diaz rematch tells us nothing about where he stands in the division.

Again I don't see him coming back. At this point he waits for Justin and Khabib to fight, and faces the winner in 2021

For those questioning if CCC could deal with Cruz's movement, Cejudo recently beat 2 guys with great movement as well in demetrius and tj. Thinking about it last night, cruz beat both of those guys too but he was younger and healthier back then. If cruz had more power in his hands then people would have to be more cautious in trying to chase him.

Cruz footwork is overrated and talked about far too much. The guys he’s losing to are just better fighters.

Cruz last night:
DC545267-A089-4A7F-9CBB-96C417AD43C0.gif

I would like to see if Sandhagen could retire Dom

Supposed Dom 2.0 putting Dom 1.0 out of service

I think Yan and Moraes would ravage Dom

It looks like he's playing dance dance revolution. His constant movement and cardio makes you tired watching him more than anything. Most opponents couldn't keep up with the pace or got frustrated. That dummy cody handled him the best by cutting him off and just blasting him.

He’s number 4 in rankings for me got Dustin Justin and Connor in front of him . Last three fights he took look where all three guys are pettis and cerrone are washed past their prime both of those are not serious contenders . Kevin lee is 2 and 4 in his last 6 fights . Cerrone is 4 and 8 in his last 12 . These are guys who are Washed ufc vets

What exactly has Conor done to be in the top three other than get washed by khabib, beat eddie alvarez four years ago, hes one and one at 155

Were gonna count a washed cerrone at 170? An undersized porier six years ago at 145?

What exactly has Conor done to be in the top three other than beat a washed cerrone, get washed by khabib, beat eddie alvarez four years ago? A misplaced porier six years ago?

Hes one and one at 155
Yeah I still think Conor is near the top tier but Tony has just as much claim to it at the moment than Conor does

I get where Cruz is coming from because by the time the ref stopped it he was already on his feet and honestly it looked like the majority of the punches on the ground were grazing, pitter patter shots. But from the ref's perspective he had decided to call it before then thinking Dom was finished, it's just the timing of the actual stoppage was awkward because Dom had made his way back up when the ref did finally reach him to end the fight. If he had called it when Dom was still on the ground I think there'd be less cause for uproar.

Back
Top Bottom