The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

^^^The new normal, man.

We’ve been getting cards but the landscape just seems to have been in a holding pattern.

Also what are your thoughts Yan/Aljo?
I said last night I believe Yan gets it done vs Sterling though Sterling has improved so damn much it's been highly impressive to witness

I think Henry gets it done vs Yan, I can't doubt Henry no more man as long as he's hungry

Amanda's coming out party :pimp: future contender/star. Got all the tools to be a star in 2 divisions. Hope they don't rush her to a top 10 just yet and take the OMalley route with her cause she has all the tools and personality.

Rose :pimp::pimp::frown: hope that wasn't an orbital fracture. Her boxing is crisp as hell. Using that jab when she exits to shield her from that left hook was A1 first 2 rounds.

My man hiker Holloway:smh:.. I feel for Max man, like Dana said, that had to be a heartbreaking loss man. Just sucks that Holloway clearly had the 1st 2 rounds (people who said 1-1 in here shmokin) and Volkonovski didnt have any clear rounds as those. My man bringing back the spinning body kicks and finishing combos with high kicks was a thing of beauty. I think he even threw a cartwheeI kick at the end of a round but the camera cut to an angle where it was hard to see :lol:
Give me
Volk/Zabit
Ortega/TKZ (winner vs. Champ)
Max/Yair winner vs Kattar/Ige

Dana not saying Aljo is the clear cut next contender and they looking at Marlon.. smfh. He knows Aljo Gon take that belt and he needs that Russian champ in case Khabib hangs it up.

People complaining bout Usman like he didn't just come off a FOTY contender against the first Trump chump in 2019. He went back to his bread and butter of clinch work to takedowns vs a fighter he knew could put him out. Fight looked almost the same as Woodley. Fight went exactly how I thought. Jorge said maybe Leon would be next.. Leon would do the same **** to him. Usmans going to be one of them dudes where people won't appreciate til he's done, which is a shame. That clinch work is unstoppable.

Post of the night to Who ever said Andrade/Namajunas was real life Abby/Ellie:rofl::rofl:
Dana trippin saying that Aljo isn't next lol. I didn't hear him say that but if true he's clownin smh

Also Zabit has to get by Yair first. I think the winner of Zabit/Yair in August could be in line for a shot... Dana was adamant about Max winning so ya never know what will happen

Few nuggets from last night

You never consider stuff like being away from family for these fighters. Usman going all the way to Denver to train was definitely a thing. So for him to have to push a potential Burns fight back even further would be difficult. I totally get why he would have just accepted any fight replacement

Yeah I had no idea that fights close to being done for August 29. That fight is going to be fireworks ... But may get ugly if someone doesn't get the other out by the 3rd :lol:

Yeah someone asked Dana bout Aljo and he said he doesn't know or tried to brush it off. Then someone else asked about moraes and how he had the fight setup with Yan before the pandemic and he said something like that's something they may have to look in to when they get back home :stoneface:
I said last night I believe Yan gets it done vs Sterling though Sterling has improved so damn much it's been highly impressive to witness

I think Henry gets it done vs Yan, I can't doubt Henry no more man as long as he's hungry

Dana trippin saying that Aljo isn't next lol. I didn't hear him say that but if true he's clownin smh

Also Zabit has to get by Yair first. I think the winner of Zabit/Yair in August could be in line for a shot... Dana was adamant about Max winning so ya never know what will happen

Bisping a true master of his craft. Mans was putting Henderson in his place while commentating live, impressive.

Give me Conor vs Max 2

At least let Max make some money after getting robbed.

Fight went exactly how I thought it would, Usman utilizing his wrestling.

Felt like Max got robbed

Judging criteria needs to be updated or the judges need to be screened on the criteria properly before going in to the fights.. how does no judge give him round 3 or even possibly 4 but gave him 5? I thought 5 was the clearest Volkonovski round and while close 3 was Max. Volkonovski didnt get going til the last 90 seconds of the 3rd round and that was good enough to sweep the round? :smh:

all rounds were close, max was just able to seal the first and second with the Headrick and uppercut
I just rewatched. I have to disagree with all rounds were close. The first two rounds were emphatically Max's rounds with the knockdowns. Sure, they were close up to the point of the knockdowns but a knockdown is significant and should clearly be regarded as Max's rounds. Volk was hurt both times

I honestly have a big gripe with this decision. Even if we're going off round by round scoring, I feel like Max won the first 3 rounds. If we're judging the fight as a whole with PRIDE rules, Max clearly won I think it was a robbery by PRIDE rules. I observed Max landing the much harder cleaner shots all throughout the match

imo Max has an argument for winning the first 4 rounds despite the takedowns which Volk did NOTHING with and Max got up within seconds

Very unfortunate for Max and that the scoring is set up the way that it is. If he clearly won 2 rounds and had him hurt in both rounds that weighs more to me than Volk even edging out the last 3 rounds. That's how a fight should be scored not round by round

I just hope this L doesn't weigh too much on him and keep him out of action for a long time. Last time he seemed in good spirits after the L and Even did the post conference. He didn't do any media this time. Mans looked better than ever for most of the fight showcasing all his tools. Even had Volk dap him up after I think the 2nd(?) And walk back to his corner screaming **** :rofl: :lol:

I just rewatched. I have to disagree with all rounds were close. The first two rounds were emphatically Max's rounds with the knockdowns. Sure, they were close up to the point of the knockdowns but a knockdown is significant and should clearly be regarded as Max's rounds. Volk was hurt both times

check my history, i gave him the first two rounds, im saying that the headkick and uppercut definitively gave him the rounds

for the last 3, volk was able to do exactly what won him the first fight and thats not even including the takedowns

i dont think anyone was robbed

as for dana, i dont think the ufc likes having volk as the champ

check my history, i gave him the first two rounds, im saying that the headkick and uppercut definitive gave him the rounds

as for the last 3, volk was able to do exactly what won him the first fight and thats not even including the takedowns

as for the decision, i dont think anyone was robbed, as for dana, i dont think the ufc likes having volk as the champ
I know I'm just saying all the rounds weren't close. It wasn't a robbery by round by round scoring I said it would have been a robbery by PRIDE scoring

The takedowns shouldn't have counted for much if anything at all

There's no way it's close rounds if Max clearly won the first 2 rounds due to the knockdowns. But it's whatever I don't really care too much one way or the other to argue over it

Things are getting testy. Btw, the Gunnar Nelson win for Edwards shouldn't have been split, Gunnar got dominated. With that said I think Burns should get the nod

Very unfortunate for Max and that the scoring is set up the way that it is. If he clearly won 2 rounds and had him hurt in both rounds that weighs more to me than Volk even edging out the last 3 rounds. That's how a fight should be scored not round by round

All they need to do is have 10-10 rounds and this mess would be fixed.

Volk shouldn't be getting the same value from R3 and R4 as Max does for R1 and R2.

Max clearly won the 1st 2 rounds, Volk didn't clearly win any round outside of 5, IMO.

What do they do for close rounds? Play eenie meenie miney mo to decide the winner?

Just make it a 10-10 and move onto the next round.

Wow. All the twitter fingers.

And I really don’t like Ariel’s matchmaking in this case.

It’s like he has an air of importance. Probably why he broke the “exclusives” and upset the Company. Should’ve just worked in their marketing.

All they need to do is have 10-10 rounds and this mess would be fixed.

Volk shouldn't be getting the same value from R3 and R4 as Max does for R1 and R2.

Max clearly won the 1st 2 rounds, Volk didn't clearly win any round outside of 5, IMO.

What do they do for close rounds? Play eenie meenie miney mo to decide the winner?

Just make it a 10-10 and move onto the next round.
I agree with everything and I never thought about implementing 10-10 rounds. I think it'd be interesting but either way you could also simply implement designating 1 winner either Fighter A or Fighter B of the overall fight

Luke Thomas said they could experiment with different scoring systems when they fight overseas without American commissions... but they never try anything new and Dana keeps complaining about judging lol

They could, but I don't see the UFC changing or experimenting w/ their scoring system as long as Dana is running things.

He'll just continue to blame judges even tho they're in a **** system.

Some of them are definitely not paying attention during fights, tho, :lol:

The issue with implementing more 10-10 rounds is that draws would likely occur more frequently especially in 3 round fights. Maybe hire 5 judges instead even if just for championship fights?

Back
Top Bottom