The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Ehh team sports have proven much more difficult to continue during these times. An org like the UFC has a clear advantage of having fighters who only compete 2-3 times/year max so being able to test them for a single event of the course of a week instead of team leagues like MLB/NBA where you literally have to test players nearly every day for a matter of months. For non individual sports we may not see things get back to somewhat normal until next year or even 2022.
Right, I get that with team sports. It is a disaster waiting to haopen even with the NBA and theit protocols in Orlando. UFC is way ahead of boxing though.

I don't think Jorge stock dropped too much. He will still be a draw for his next fight, especially if they can pair him up with Diaz or Colby

I'm not comparing jorge's current status to Anthony Pettis's current status but hes in a similar situation where you just can't put him against any grapplers and any possible path to the title just feels handcrafted

Just think of the grapplers in the top 5 and it's a nope

I would be hyped if that fight really came to happen.

Feel like Woodley would be as motivated as ever for that one
I mean. Which Woodley? The one that fought Till. Or the hollow husk of a man who lost Usman and Burns.

I’m sorry. Covington, Usman and Edwards have that same grinding style.

The crazy volume Colby had against Robbie Lawler was insane. Dude didn’t get tired. He only stopped in the Usman fight because his face was getting disintegrated.

Jorge vs Colby would be popcorn but don't see it happening any time soon. At least Woodley vs Colby we could potentially get next month. A big IF though considering that fight has supposedly been offered countless times and Woodley has always signed while Colby has dodged it.

This guy put on exciting fights every time out, damn shame he's already 34. Ready to see what he does and sucks that he had to go through all that

“There’s so many anger in me, so many anger. When this start, I don’t know if I should say this but maybe I’ll say it a little bit, but when I was going through this, I say to myself, ‘Death was good for me than going through this embarrassment that I’m going.’ Because I’m a good person, I would never do what they said I did. It got to the point I ask myself, ‘Why is God letting evil people like that live?’ Because if I didn’t do something like that you why? And you would think that the person would later realize and come and be like, ‘Hey, what I do to this person is wrong, he didn’t do what I said he did, I did a mistake.’ But no they were not coming out,” Alhassan said.

“I thought about revenge. If I tell you that I didn’t I’m lying. I thought about all the revenge and this is what I can to take revenge because they really got to feel the pain that they putting me through. They are out there stripping, not caring what they doing to me, you know, having life, putting stuff on social media, happy, throwing alcohols, while I’m at home crying, I can’t even take care of my kids. So much anger pent up. So much anger I really don’t even — I know it’s behind me now, but I really hope that takes some huge revenge on these girls, I really hope they get what they deserve.”

I'm not comparing jorge's current status to Anthony Pettis's current status but hes in a similar situation where you just can't put him against any grapplers and any possible path to the title just feels handcrafted

Just think of the grapplers in the top 5 and it's a nope

I definitely think he could beat Colby and Woodley, Burns and Edwards or at the very least make those fights competitive. Usman is the worst possible match up for him.

Damb, more

“So many times. I even doubted if I’d be alive, because I wanted to kill myself,” Alhassan said. “Because people don’t see what happens in the background. A lot of people who doubt you, or say bad stuff about you when they don’t know the truth, because this is the type of harassment you don’t wish on anybody.

“I sat down and thought about it. I have two kids. I have a girl and I have a boy. What would happen to them if I took myself out because of some evil people? But like I said I have proved my innocence and I proved that they will never amount to anything and God will always figure out and show the truth. But I learned so much from it.”

An article:

Despite rumors that Moraes, who fought for the title belt last year against Henry Cejudo, could be Yan's first challenger, the Brazilian has another fight in mind. Moraes said he has already agreed to fight Cody Garbrandt, who is No. 4 in the bantamweight rankings and a former champion of the division. Garbrandt is coming off a spectacular knockout win over Brazilian Raphael Assunção at UFC 250.

"The fight [the UFC has] to do now is me versus Cody. And I think they will put [Aljamain] Sterling to fight Yan and whoever wins between me and Cody will be the next to fight for the belt," Moraes said. "The [UFC] is already planning [Moraes-Garbrandt] for October. The fight has already been offered, on my part it has already been accepted, I'm just waiting for the UFC.

Did you see colby vs Rda? It was the exact same fight we just watched

Colby isn’t as good as usman is and rda is a shell of the fighter he used to be as well as one of the smaller welterweights. Jorge has also trained with Colby for years I think this is definitely a more winnable fight for him.

Lmao did stipe slimey

And jorge’s takedown defense/wrestling/grappling is light years ahead pettis man...that’s disrespectful

I bet jorge gets either colby or edwards next, he coming off a loss so he’s not the one choosing, match makers will be making his next fight

I could see them trying to setup Colby-Jorge but Colby seems to be looking to fight TWood (apparently he's turned down the matchup a couple times?). Jorge's stock is still high IMO and a matchup with him and Conor is arguably the biggest fight, popularity wise, the UFC could make right now.

Lmao did stipe slimey

And jorge’s takedown defense/wrestling/grappling is light years ahead pettis man...that’s disrespectful

I bet jorge gets either colby or edwards next, he coming off a loss so he’s not the one choosing, match makers will be making his next fight

It doesn't have to be about take down defense, anyone that can hold him against the cage will

Colby has outgrappled pretty much everyone hes grappled with, unless jorge can land that knockout, it'll be the same story, again people need to watch colby vs rda, like actually watch

Jorge’s value is just going to drop against grapplers, similar to pettis, his value is against people who will stand with him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom