The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

silva needs to be in co-mains only if he were to come back. makes no sense to put a 45 year old in a main even vs uriah even if its a headliner. he could've won that 29-28 and rode off into the sunset.

he loves the sport too much so i wouldnt bet on a retirement. they should just go ahead and book weidman-silva trilogy for a future ppv, and both can retire after that

silva needs to be in co-mains only if he were to come back. makes no sense to put a 45 year old in a main even vs uriah even if its a headliner. he could've won that 29-28 and rode off into the sunset.

he loves the sport too much so i wouldnt bet on a retirement. they should just go ahead and book weidman-silva trilogy for a future ppv, and both can retire after that
Agreed with the weidman retirement fight but not no damn ppv haha

Jan-Izzy will be fun but what is in it for Jan? I mean I get a kid is on the way and he'll have a massive payday, but other than that he has everything to lose. It's not like he gets another belt if he wins, it's just a win over a guy from a lower division. And it's not like he's the type of fighter we're gonna create a legacy for. Man didn't even get a chance to defend his belt from the other guys. Izzy pretty much stands everything to gain, and regardless of the outcome, will eventually get the Bones fight anyways (albeit it would probably be fast tracked).

I get that the fight makes sense for Izzy though, because there's really no one else at MW to challenge him, but some of the champ-champ fights for the upper division weight class guys seem like they have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Jan is 37, it's not like he's gonna be around for much longer.

I think it's a pretty big win for him to fight Izzy and make a bunch of $.

Jan-Izzy will be fun but what is in it for Jan? I mean I get a kid is on the way and he'll have a massive payday, but other than that he has everything to lose. It's not like he gets another belt if he wins, it's just a win over a guy from a lower division. And it's not like he's the type of fighter we're gonna create a legacy for. Man didn't even get a chance to defend his belt from the other guys. Izzy pretty much stands everything to gain, and regardless of the outcome, will eventually get the Bones fight anyways (albeit it would probably be fast tracked).

I get that the fight makes sense for Izzy though, because there's really no one else at MW to challenge him, but some of the champ-champ fights for the upper division weight class guys seem like they have everything to lose and nothing to gain.
Jan himself called for the izzy fight. It’s a big fight and probably loads of money— which is always basically the most important thing especially if he never had a big payday

I mean the lhw is stacked but none of them are big names. a win over glover or santos is not any better than a win over izzy

1. This will be a huge pay day for Jan
2. Contrary to popular belief you can’t just turn down fights to defend your belt.
3. Polish power ain’t scared

Oh fo sho. Theres a reason a litteral crime family chose him to run an arm of their business. The fact they let any percentage outside of the familia tells me all I need to know. He earned all of this.

Now were stuck with his arrogance and strong arm ways. Zuffa tried to co opt some of his power but now that hes saving ESPNs bacon his ego is only going to grow and lead to more foolish decisions but what can we do. I actually thinks he runs the business alright, knowing full well he only pays the fighters 20% max. Definitely things I would do differently but ultimately he delivers for his bosses and makes alot of people alot of money.

Back
Top Bottom