The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He literally threw Silva under the bridge and said he’s not fighting again in the UFC. Meanwhile the one fighter that did retire he wants to come back...and making weird reasons like emotional, measles, mumps, broken toes.

Dana is for sure scum but he didn't say anything wrong about Anderson. As long as Dana let's him out of his contract (uh, yeah that's not a guarantee lol) he's just saying what we've all been saying. Anderson shouldn't fight and Dana doesn't want to be the guy that let's him fight again

But if Anderson wants to fight then Dana should let him out of his contract and do whatever he wants

Yeah, this is why I wasn't so quick to show Mitchell any support coming in to last night

I liked his initial story when he first came on, he was a funny dude but in these times now, knowing where he's from and the whole camo thing I became skeptical. Unfortunately my suspicions were confirmed

“I’m just asking to get our freedoms back, and I don’t think that’s much to ask for,” Mitchell said. “What I’m saying is, make the mask optional in Arkansas for people who own restaurants and people who own businesses. Make it optional. Why tell someone they have to wear a mask? What if they don’t want to or what if it affects their breathing and gives them headaches?”

“Here’s another theory I got. If your mask works so well, why are you worried about if I’m wearing one? Don’t you got one on? Why does it matter? If they work so good, why are you worried I got one? You wear one and you worry about you. If you think you’re gonna get sick, stay home. That’s all I’m saying. I’m saying taking away our liberties and our freedoms without a vote, I don’t think that’s the right answer,” Mitchell said.

“There’s going to be a lot of criticism and a lot of people attacking me, they’re going to say I’m a dumb MMA fighter and that I don’t got no sense sharing my opinion. But you know what? I pay my taxes.”

Man, last night was insane for boxing and MMA. We are living in a pretty golden era in combat sports. Appreciate it now while you can

I learned Uriah was kind of an enigma last week. His interviews were awkward and his answers were out there. He distrusts the media to a very high degree. This def aint gonna sit well with him lol

Dana is for sure scum but he didn't say anything wrong about Anderson. As long as Dana let's him out of his contract (uh, yeah that's not a guarantee lol) he's just saying what we've all been saying. Anderson shouldn't fight and Dana doesn't want to be the guy that let's him fight again

But if Anderson wants to fight then Dana should let him out of his contract and do whatever he wants
Could’ve let him out of his contract before. He’s known Silva was old and not a spring chicken. He knew what he was doing. He needed a main event for the card. Why pit him against a ranked opponent like Hall besides ratings and Hall come up? Same ish he did with Penn.

And then Whitaker said he doesn’t want a title fight lol? He expressly said he wanted to spend Christmas with his children and be present for his child birth.

And good job in promoting Hall after the fight. :/

Could’ve let him out of his contract before. He’s known Silva was old and not a spring chicken. He knew what he was doing. He needed a main event for the card. Why pit him against a ranked opponent like Hall besides ratings and Hall come up? Same ish he did with Penn.

And then Whitaker said he doesn’t want a title fight lol? He expressly said he wanted to spend Christmas with his children and be present for his child birth.

And good job in promoting Hall after the fight. :/
I don’t know how much he’s getting paid but this is one rare instance where I believe Dana when he says Anderson is being compensated pretty good

I don’t see why Anderson would want to be let out of his deal with two fights left that’s never happening

If you want to say Dana is an ahole for the overall tone on Anderson I agree. But you yourself just said Anderson has no reason to fight anymore lol

I don’t agree with Dana on pretty much everything else he managed to **** on everyone for no good reason. Although making the izzy vs Jan fight makes all the sense in the world Dana didn’t have to go out of his way to **** on Whittaker

Dana **** on Anderson hall and Whittaker lol smh

As a Brazilian, that was hard to watch. I’m real sad.
Brazucas. 🇧🇷🇧🇷

Obrigado por tudo, lenda!! Aranha, sempre. 🔝

E297C442-5CD7-4DFD-8D8A-4A1A67572C5A.jpeg

Dana **** on Anderson hall and Whittaker lol smh

I think Father Time has caught up to Silva. However, he was doing his thing for the first three rounds before he hit the mat. If it had been a three round fight, he might have won. And if he goes to Bellator for three fights and the bag, I wouldn’t be mad. I DO agree with Dana if he has opened gyms (which is a terrible business right now) and other opportunities. He could easily become Ex Soares.

Dana ****** on Amanda, JBJ, GSP, Silva, Stipe. He consistently demonstrates no loyalty. But expects his fighters to observe the guy code. He pockets hundreds of millions but they can’t vocalize when they are unhappy about their pay in a violent sport. Nate was making $10 K before the Conor fight. That’s most of his career. Unless he had side hustles (since he can’t do the in cage sponsor thing), he’d have fought till he was 50 too.

Missed an opportunity to ask Izzy if he was sizing up Reyes and Jan up there considering he may move up eventually

Welp, now it's happening

You have to think Jan is a better version of Paulo right? Considering the experience, size and fact that he was able to piece up Reyes the same Reyes who gave Jones all he could handle. I only bring that up because myself included thought Paulo was going to be such a threat to Izzy

Very interesting fight, Izzy moving up to 205 is honestly just so compelling to see how everything translates.. or if it does

Jan will have the weight. And he will still have that dynamite in his hands.

Will Izzy still have his speed? Izzy will have the height and reach advantage.

Will Jan try to wrestle/grapple with Izzy?

Vince, besides the JBJ fight if he wins, is there any other exciting matchups for Izzy at LHW? Maybe Santos?

LHW is stacked tbh. I think all of them are exciting matchups it's just that nobody in that division has a big name unfortunately

Rakic had an opportunity to improve his stock but I think he more so hurt it in his win over Anthony Smith lol

There's killers all in that division

People are calling for Mitchell vs Ryan hall. I would be down with that but it seems like there’s always something weird going on with hall

izzy sending his goons :smh:

but for real, most homeowners probably would fire off some shots

I wonder if Holland will turn around and get another fight in before the end of the year.

With how lackluster the next two ppv main events are, Dana has a lot of options to work with to start 2021

You know what sucks. Santos (36 going on 37 next month) and Glover (41) got screwed. Whomever wins next week won't get the title shot with Jan anymore. They're not getting any younger

It feels like they came up with a pandemic roster with Bobby Green, Holland, Hill, Khamzat, etc.

Holland has four wins. Green fought four times (he lost in a lackluster performance yesterday). Khamzat’s fourth fight is the biggest come up against Edwards.

And Glover is probably biggest loser due to Izzy moving up. He was legitimately the next up for a title shot if he won his next fight. LHW seems a lil shallow right now without Gustafson, Rumble, Jones and DC. Not saying it’s not resetting. If anything Santos or Texierea (sp) benefit from Izzy bringing shine to the division. If Jan wins, he becomes a bigger name. If Izzy wins, we have two divisions held hostage.

Santos and Glover def don't benefit from Izzy coming, especially if Izzy wins and they set up the Jones fight. Santos and Glover will probably never fight for the belt again if that happens

Best case scenario: Have to think Izzy vs Jan is around Feb or March. Even if Jan wins and gets out healthy, that means the next fight probably won't be until June at the earliest. That's 8 months of waiting for either Santos or Glover

Double Champs always hold up the divisions. If Izzy wins he definitely holds out until a fight with Jones likely not til late spring or summer. Winner of Thiago/Glover would then likely take another fight possibly Rumble when he's eligible to return.

That’s my question. If Izzy challenges Jan in Feb-March, it is with the intent to setup the Jon Jones fight in the summer. If that’s his goal, then the MW title wouldn’t get defended until fall 2020 possibly.

I’m not mad. But then the conversation would shift to Whitaker possibly becoming interim champ because there’s a log jam in the division. But then again there’s no statutes or rules that state how often a champ defends their title.

jon coming back for the belt regardless of who wins vs izzy and jan...he will eventually rematch a broken reyes and win convincingly.

tryna tell you.

style bender headkick KO sets up the biggest fight of all times.

Best believe dana will pull out all the stops to give izzy an advantage over Jan, could see a world tour and izzy getting an opportunity to get under Jans skin ala josie

Izzy gets 5 rounds to find that head kick, I’d take them odds

Wow Murphy got screwed over on that one. Plus Katlyn just got TKO'd smh. I mean I shouldn't be surprised but still odd they wouldn't want to build Katlyn back up by giving her a lesser opponent.

Back
Top Bottom