The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Wow was really hoping Leon would win convincingly and setup a #1 contender fight.

He definitely knows better though. I thought unified rules are not to extend an open hand towards your opponent like that. It's long been a problem with these gloves and extended with an open hand always has these type of risks involved.

Long story short, I caught a toe at the end of a kick right in the eye in a freak sparring incident. Had my third eye surgery this past December for repeated detached retina. After each surgery I had to stay laying face down, or with the top of my head pointing towards the floor 24/7 (yes, even while sleeping) for about 6 to 8 weeks. It's a hard recovery process both physically and mentally. Will never see the same out of that eye I'm probably at 30% right now.

Eye pokes are not a game.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed in Belals pre fight interviews is that his left eye looks different. If he had some issues with his left eye and Leon just took out the right one that would explain his reaction. Devistating.

Weird coincidence that I watched this clip of bisping yesterday. Always gnarly when he takes out his lense / fake eye. Most recent acting role I saw him in was Warrior and it was great to see him get washed. :rofl:

I think he was in a recent season of Strike Back as well.

These dudes in there risking their eyes and Dana still pays 90% of them like they're DMV employees.
At this point, I blame the fighters for not wanting better for themselves and each other. Everybody been telling them they need to unionize but they only worry about their next check instead of long-term.

Screenshot_20210314-072210_Twitter.jpg

Eye no worse for wear looks like the finger wasnt being purposely straightened.... and came inside the bottom eyelid inna relaxed position. def time for T Witts gloves

Obviously gutted for Belal. Do I want to see the rematch though? no

Belal lucked into that opportunity and then **** hit the fan. It's terrible for him but realistically Belal should fight someone less caliber and Leon should fight a top contender

I mean we see 3+ straight groin shots sometimes and no point is taken. What's the difference?

Yair/Stephens 1 ended less than 10 seconds in off a swipe at the eye and it ended NC.

Yeah Belal needs to stick to his first call out of Li and just keep riding that wave up and improve.

Sucks that this card is being overshadowed by 1/2 dq endings cause this card was exciting as hell and never really dragged. Forgot we saw a showtime-superman ground and pound shot be born :lol:

At this point, I blame the fighters for not wanting better for themselves and each other. Everybody been telling them they need to unionize but they only worry about their next check instead of long-term.
Some dudes don't have the luxury / leverage to negotiate better nor unionize though. It only works if ALL the big names get on board. The lower level fighters need any check asap to keep their careers moving. Kinda like fast food workers could all unionize and demand higher minimum wage, but that's just impractical as too many need the job and whatever they can get to survive

Back
Top Bottom