The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Man Ortega Volk off? Smh

some of y’all still got the nerve to go to LV and party too

Izzy has many holes.. pause. In his game.
Absolutely one of the best but gastellum put it on him, jan, vettori. Lots of guys can hit him
Also Romero

Izzy would probably beat Holland I’m just saying last night had limited insight on that matchup

Brunson did what he had to do I don’t know if Dana will be quick to put him in some kind of marquee matchup though lol

That Hans video posted a few pages ago. Wow. I heard MMA Road Show mention there is some truths to Cruz’s allegations.

There really should be an investigation on fighter pay and how these men and women are exploited.

This guy is the worst kind of rat. Holds grown men hostage to be his friend? If you check his Instagram after finding out his MO it's infuriating.

Seems disgraceful. Sad that these fighters have to “*****” themselves out to this guy. But even bigger shame on Dana. He clearly knows what’s going on but not trying to mess with the Monster money.

I really think they should allow them limited sponsorship placements on their gear and raise those minimums.

And I’d be interested to know what their agents do for them exactly. It’s like everyone is taking advantage of them.

Seems like that Hans, the Ali’s, there’s definitely some dubiousness to the industry.

Holland definitely has some major holes in his game. Like Bisping and Felder mentioned last night he should have focused more on sticking and moving and less on his talk. He was clearly better on the feet but couldn't avoid the clinch or takedowns all fight. Also I'm not sure if all the talk is a shtick or just how Holland is, he was talking to Khabib between rounds lol. He has potential but really needs to work on his tdd and breaking from the clinch. At 170 he'd get easily taken down by the top guys if he doesn't put the work in. Obviously there's still time but we shall see of he can evolve.

Yeah Holland saying he's interested in going to 170, tf he think gonna happen? lmao

Focus on your technique not so much the weight class

Looking at wrestling from the outside it never looks exciting I get it. But when you experience it you gain major respect for it. It is grueling and never gets easy. Even when you have the upper hand with a training partner it's still taxing. Put it this way, you have BJJ, Karate and boxing/kickboxing schools everywhere. There are no wrestling schools, just clubs. No one in their right mind pays money to go wrestle lol. Most of the time, wrestlers are the strongest physically and mentally.

Ortega being out next week is so sad. That main card was stacked imo but god what a bummer. Was really looking forward to that fight

If Luque dominates Woodley, Woodley's prob gotta hang em up if he doesn't need the money. Lost like 15 straight rounds and I don't remember any of them being close. That's insane despite him fighting top tier opponents...

They're feeding O'Malley a very winnable fight in Almedia. Try to get his stock back up

Someone gotta give Yanez a freakin Wiki man

Out of his 3 losses, 2 were split decisions and the other a unanimous loss

When he wasn't breathing hard between rounds and standing up and talking normal, I was like that's not normal lol

I’m not saddened by the Volkanowski/Ortega match being delayed. They should move it to the May card (UFC 262) that has no headliner.

And incognegeo, I wish there was a wrestling school lol. I’d do it.

And the longer you delay the volk Ortega fight the longer max has to wait and see what his next move is

Want to see max get his title shot

Max should come in and fight Ortega just to whip his butt again. Then fight Volk to get his belt back.

Max wasn’t going to fight Alex a third time lol. His only chance was If Ortega won...no if he did, Alex would get a rematch anyways.

Max wasn’t going to fight Alex a third time lol. His only chance was If Ortega won...no if he did, Alex would get a rematch anyways.
I disagree, with another impressive win Max should get the shot regardless if Alex is still champ. He won their second fight in the minds of many and he put on a clinic his last time out. I know the UFC doesn't generally give someone a third fight if they lose the first two but this should be an exception. Plus they gave BJ a third fight against Edgar which was very undeserving and I was a huge Penn fan.

I’m not saddened by the Volkanowski/Ortega match being delayed. They should move it to the May card (UFC 262) that has no headliner.

And incognegeo, I wish there was a wrestling school lol. I’d do it.

You sure bout that? Everybody tries it but not many stick with it past a month haha. I pray for your neck, back and knees lol. The funny thing is, we're I live, if you weren't part of a wrestling school program they won't let you just walk in to a pure wrestling gym and train. One of my younger training partners went to a spot where the high level guys are and asked for some work. They looked at him funny and asked who sent him, he needed a referral like going to the dermatologist lmao. They wouldn't let him pay to get some work or nothing.

By the way you can get your standard/basic wrestling classes at any good MMA or BJJ gym but pure wrestling is another beast all together.

So then Max has to fight one more time regardless of the outcome of Volk/Ortega.
Legitimately, how do you guys see this playing out?

He just beat Katar. Lost twice to Volk. And beat Ortega a few years ago. Other than fighting Zabit (who has disappeared), Yair (who is suspended), or Zombie, there isn’t a fight out there for him.

Feel bad for the Aus/NZ guys who got their fights scrapped, just going thru camp then dealing with the travel ****. They already have a 2 week maybe longer quarantine once they get back home. Think Dan Hooker was almost 2 and a half months before he was able to get out that hotel and go home.

Max should have the winner on lock already. I mean there's no movement at all all with the contenders of the division besides him and Kattar. Zabit hasn't even fought a 5 rounder let alone a top 5 guy.

Back
Top Bottom