The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Because of the lack of true contenders at 145 I wouldn't have any problem seeing Max and Volk go again (if Volk beats Ortega that is). But as far as optics and fans buying the fight, Max and Volk fighting each other in 3 out of their last 4 fights is pushing it a bit. Especially considering Volk won both. I think Max did enough in the second fight but it is what it is.

it just seems like people want to see max be champ and dont really care how many rematches it takes to make it happen
So you want him to win twice before getting a title shot after a controversial split loss to Volk? Kattar was as high a contender as possible and Max destroyed him, much more than what Zabit did

Max definitely deserves a title shot because he's built a case, not because fans just want to see him be champ. The only other case would be Zabit but it seems like they want him to have at least do one 5 rounder before getting the shot

So give Max Zabit...winner gets title shot.

I love Max. The secondVolk fight was very close. And he did beat the brakes off of Kattar. But I think he should have to win at least one more to build his case.

So you want him to win twice before getting a title shot after a controversial split loss to Volk? Kattar was as high a contender as possible and Max destroyed him, much more than what Zabit did

Max definitely deserves a title shot because he's built a case, not because fans just want to see him be champ. The only other case would be Zabit but it seems like they want him to have at least do one 5 rounder before getting the shot

max can keep fighting and beating people at whatever weight class he wants, doesnt mean he has to keep being given rematches with volk

"bold" prediction - a third fight is going to be just as close as the second, and people will still be demanding a rematch if max loses

Last edited:
max can keep fighting and beating people at whatever weight class he wants, doesnt mean he has to keep being given rematches with volk

"bold" prediction - a third fight is going to be just as close as the second, and people will still be demanding a rematch if max loses

So he could reel off 3 wins at 145 and if Volk is still champ he shouldn’t get a shot? Stop it :lol:

Max lost the first fight (clearly) if he got K.O’d in the second fight there wouldn’t be a discussion here. No one was making an arguement for a 3rd Hollaway / Aldo fight.

How you win/lose matters. The fact the majority think he won the 2nd fight is why this is still on the table.

So give Max Zabit...winner gets title shot.

I love Max. The secondVolk fight was very close. And he did beat the brakes off of Kattar. But I think he should have to win at least one more to build his case.
Wouldn’t be mad at zabit vs max but zabit does have unfinished business with yair. Yair is eligible to fight now after the USAda suspension

dana was prob waiting to see how Ortega volk played out to figure out max but with the delay there’s prob some alternatives in play

Wouldn’t be mad at zabit vs max but zabit does have unfinished business with yair. Yair is eligible to fight now after the USAda suspension

dana was prob waiting to see how Ortega volk played out to figure out max but with the delay there’s prob some alternatives in play

What unfinished business lol zabit been ready to fight for over a year injuries and pull outs and suspensions ain’t zabits fault . Zabits only fights that make sense are max or the belt . Who cares if he ain’t fight a 5 round fight yet if it’s a title shot and his stamina don’t keep up well it’s his fault .

What unfinished business lol zabit been ready to fight for over a year injuries and pull outs and suspensions ain’t zabits fault . Zabits only fights that make sense are max or the belt . Who cares if he ain’t fight a 5 round fight yet if it’s a title shot and his stamina don’t keep up well it’s his fault .
I never said I care that he’s never fought 5 rounds I said Dana might care

Like I said I’m not mad at max vs zabit all things considered

So he could reel off 3 wins at 145 and if Volk is still champ he shouldn’t get a shot? Stop it :lol:

Max lost the first fight (clearly) if he got K.O’d in the second fight there wouldn’t be a discussion here. No one was making an arguement for a 3rd Hollaway / Aldo fight.

How you win/lose matters. The fact the majority think he won the 2nd fight is why this is still on the table.

i got news for you, max hasnt been ko'd and probably isn't going to be ko'd until hes past his prime which isnt anytime soon, some people just have it in them

i didnt say he shouldnt get a shot at the title, i said he shouldnt get a shot at volk, he can keep beating whoever he wants, not being champ takes nothing away from his victories for me

if max loses another close fight, does he deserve another rematch against volk? and what about if volk loses? does he deserve two more rematches?

my whole thing is when is enough actually enough? because i get the impression that people are "waiting" until max becomes champ to "decide" - "oh yeah, no more fights between volk and max, ive seen enough of them"

but i get it, people like max, i like max

That volume striking game will always work better when the other guy isn't snapping your head all the way back with every punch. Granted Poirier is/was probably the 2nd toughest fight at 155, but that still looked real bad for Max's chances in the division.

Plus any weight gain seems like it wouldn't exactly help his speed, volume or movement, which are all big parts of his game. I definitely won't bet against him but it won't be easy. Would be dope to see him pull it off for sure.

I think max has spent 9-10 years at 45, it’s time.

he’s gotten by dominating smaller guys at 45, he has a 55-70 frame....dood is 5’11-6 foot fighting 45’ers.

Supposedly, he’s heavy on fight day for that division. Maybe take a break. See how Volkanawski/Ortega shakes out. And maybe gain 5 pounds. It’s incremental not a huge weight gain. And then he can decide if moving up is necessary or desired.

Beating volk is more than enough for max to stay at 45, especially with how close the rematch was

he is still making weight pretty good

Wow didn't expect Cupcake to return, saw she hasn't fought in about 4.5 years. One only has women's Atomweight and Straweight so I can see why she came back to the UFC but I don't see this run going well after being away so long. Maybe she waits for Nunes to retire and tries to get the belt back lol.

Back
Top Bottom