The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Ben was for sure trolling... Zero percent chance he could be that slow... Now, he is not a quick twitch guy by any means but I would imagine his defense will be fine and he is going to make Jake carry his weight in the tie ups... I can see Jake not answering the bell being the outcome... Is there a prop bet for that?

Anyone have presale codes for tickets today for ufc 264?

I couldn’t find any when trying to search earlier

Played exactly like a Daley fight, chaos throughout :lol:

Knew that retirement talk was phony. Man's trynna make his own division now :rofl:

That May 7th Bellator card is fire. Great fights all over.

God damn genius. Mans called himself the champ of 175 and diddy bopped on out.

He chooses violence every second of every minute in the octagon and its more incredible every time. True fighting spirit.

Corey Anderson is a bad dude. Mike Beltran was so pleased with that *** whoopin lol dude was smirking the whole time. He has to have a relationship with corey, man was beamin like a proud papa.

Speaking of Paul I am mildly intrigued by the fight with Askren this weekend. Checkout Askren's new training vid, his hands look much better here and he may have been trolling the general public with those past vids where he looked real slow and sloppy. No way I'd pay $50 for the fight but may look for another avenue if I'm bored Sat night 🤷‍♂️

Ive got money on askren by ko in the later rounds and I like seeing this. Now I’m a little worried the ko comes earlier lol

With all due respect you know LHW division hurting if Glover made it back to a title shot.
The UFC's LHW division is actually very good and entertaining imo, it just doesn't have the star power. So I guess it is "hurting" from that perspective

Reyes beat Jon Jones which is pretty amazing then got throttled by Jan. Gotta give Jan credit and for also gaming Izzy

Reyes, Glover, Rakic, Ozedmir, Prochazka, Ankaleav and Santos would beat every LHW in Bellator outside of the champ imo. We haven't seen Rumble fight in years and haven't seen Yoel at LHW in forever (last time he fought there he was KO'd)

Also just gotta give Glover his due for evolving his game and never settling. He's always had a strong reverse ground game but lately has been offensive with it

Rakic just needs to step out on that ledge and let his hands go against the top flight competition. Other than that all the rest of those guys are exciting as hell and vicious

Last edited:
Askren looks like he has been on the Arroz and Friojles diet and prime to take a dive tonight. Jesus.

Askren looks like he has been on the Arroz and Friojles diet and prime to take a dive tonight. Jesus.
I’d take $500K dives. Glad Dana let him. Hopefully he doesn’t get hurt, especially coming off that hip replacement.

Also, LHW isn’t a deep division. I feel like HW has some good and notable names up top. But there’s a gap with the rest of the division.

Glover deserves the title shot. Five fight win streak. Izzy skipped the line. Jan wanted the bag and clout so he took the fight and calculated correctly.

LHW division is deep and that's why in part Jones left. Those guys are all really talented they just have no name recognition so what's in it for Jones to stick around

HW division isn't so great, it's actually kinda trash

LHW division is deep. Those guys are all really talented they just have no name recognition
I agree with the no name part. Lowest it’s been. Jon cleaned it out. And Uncle Dana not spent a dime on advertising these guys.

In all honesty. I don’t know. I’m sure all of these no names have fought. There just hasn’t been any super note worthy fights in my recent memory.

It’s crazy that I know more Bellator LHWs than UFC.

Jon didn't clean out the new crop, in fact he lost to one of the new crop in Reyes and arguably lost to Santos

Again those Bellator LHW's would all lose against UFC's imo besides prob the champ. I don't trust Bader at all

Reactions: OTG
I wouldn’t disagree on the results of Santos and Reyes.

But having said that, Jon hasn’t fought in more than a year (which is crazy). He has wins against Glover, Smith, Reyes and Santos (though I agree he did look lackluster against the last two and possibly lost both).

I think the issue is the names. Jan, Reyes, Glover, Santos are probably the biggest names. It could bubble up. The UFC just has to do a better job of getting some buzz.

I consume a lot of MMA podcasts and the LHW division (as well as female Featherweight RIP) really is one of the least discussed.

Corey Anderson and Nemkov only dudes at 205 that would be title contenders in the UFC. Rumble and Romero are still TBD. Phil Davis would be a gatekeeper for the top 10. But Nemkov could possibly be the best 205 regardless promotion.

Ufc HW is trash compared to LHW. You have Olyniek in your top 15 and Chris Daukus in your top 10.

Only cause folks aren't too active with fight pullouts and injuries.

When Ankalaev fought people were definitely saying possible future champ the way he took care of Krylov. People said Jamaal Hill is future contender the way he KO OSP.

Back
Top Bottom