The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Sounds like Tony is really motivated for this fight. Like how he finally aligned himself with a real camp and actual structure. Even acknowledged all the damage he took against Gaethje and hoping Freddie corners him for the fight.

Hope he can find a 2nd wind of success and finally get that undisputed title shot. But at his age and the division being LW, that windows closing real fast.

I'm not buying this random animosity now :rofl:
Don't get me wrong I'm watching the trilogy but all this fake beef to get more paper is cringe

1618259439356.png

Not sure if they are doing this just to create hype for the fight. Conor
Don't get me wrong I'm watching the trilogy but all this fake beef to get more paper is cringe
Basically my thoughts as well. Conor just using this so he can talk trash about Dustin, especially during the fight week conference, and hope it sells more PPVs. If he gets the win you know they are gifting him that titleshot end of the year or early 22'.

Truly wish the casuals would all stop watching so we never hear about Conor again. In an alternate reality I'd love to see Francis fight Conor in a freakshow fight and Overeem him

I know Dustin Poirier has this whole super humble, charitable guy thing going on now, but he's had heated beefs going into multiple fights in his career (1st Conor fight, Michael Johnson fight, 2nd Eddie fight). Also took his time out of his schedule to send Nate Diaz some kind messages from his hospital bed after Nate pulled out of their fight and tested positive for :

And Conor assaulted an old man in a pub for not drinking his whiskey, reneging on a donation after Dustin laid him out doesn't seem to be completely out of character

I'm not saying there's no way that it's fake, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's all real. I never believed they were buddy buddy before the first fight. Just as a competitor, Dustin had to want that win back badly. Conor embarrassed him all throughout the leadup to the first fight, and then embarrassed him in the actual fight.

And Conor definitely thought he was gonna starch Dustin and move onto his Pac-man crossover fight, or a title shot. Getting his first KO loss instead had to be a blow to his ego. And his pockets too because it messed up the Pac-man money.

Them legitimately not being fond of each other seems more plausible to me than the fake respect **** they've been doing imo, but who knows

I still might stream the fight regardless but we'll see

Sounds like Tony is really motivated for this fight. Like how he finally aligned himself with a real camp and actual structure. Even acknowledged all the damage he took against Gaethje and hoping Freddie corners him for the fight.

Hope he can find a 2nd wind of success and finally get that undisputed title shot. But at his age and the division being LW, that windows closing real fast.

Ill believe Tony is back when we see him out there get a win. Until then, his last fight was hard to watch.

Boxing is still a much more lucrative sport than MMA.
Is it? Sure. It’s the sweet science and been around longer.

Guess the question is with Million plus PPV behind an obnoxious pay wall. How much would the UFC sell for today? Granted they haven’t been incentivized to develop new stars like they did back when...with the ESPN deal.

Truly wish the casuals would all stop watching so we never hear about Conor again. In an alternate reality I'd love to see Francis fight Conor in a freakshow fight and Overeem him

Casuals?

You making it sound like Conor is Jake Paul :lol:

T Mobile Arena isn't yet allowing full crowds right?? I know July 10 is a little under 3 months away so we'll see if they stick with Vegas if the arena isn't at full capacity by then. I also have Dustin winning the rematch because I doubt Conor will be able to effectively change his gameplan enough by that time. Though he could pick his shots like he did in the second Nate fight and try to make the fight last into the later rounds (I know Nate doesn't exactly utilize kicks lol).

Last edited:
Man.....I would love to go to UFC 264 but I imagine tickets will sell out super fast. And as much as I am not even super scared of COVID, that 100% full capacity arena has me a little intimated and I even have the vaccine too.

Speaking of Paul I am mildly intrigued by the fight with Askren this weekend. Checkout Askren's new training vid, his hands look much better here and he may have been trolling the general public with those past vids where he looked real slow and sloppy. No way I'd pay $50 for the fight but may look for another avenue if I'm bored Sat night 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom