The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Jiri is for real! Nasty spinning elbow KO. He will have to work on not getting hit so much though because someone like Jan could put his lights out. Looking forward to seeing more fights from him though!
Yup, can't get hit like that for too long at 205. Only a matter of time before his chin fails him

Jiri is for real! Nasty spinning elbow KO. He will have to work on not getting hit so much though because someone like Jan could put his lights out. Looking forward to seeing more fights from him though!

This is what he likes to do. He likes the taste of fire.. He said in an interview last year the main reason he wants to get a title shot fast is because he don't like hurting his opponents. The man is on another frequency...

E0W07RRX0AEpzkV

Reyes was holding his own too. Had him winning that 2nd round til the end. But this is what Jiri does, man's the definition of chaos. Reyes just needs time off, he's still an elite fighter. Those punches Jiri was taking would sleep 80% of the top 10.

Hate how Bisping and Felder kept saying he can't keep fighting with his hands down. He's done this forever. That man will be champ for as long as his chin holds. Man's the LHW Tony Ferguson.

Bruh…wtf is on jiri head
:rofl:
what were u saying?

i thought reyes had that choke in

that spinning elbow reminded me of jon jones

jones gonna get smashed by francis then come back down and washed by this dude

jones hasnt been same as since the first DC fight...

Last edited:
Jiri is gonna have this division on lock soon.
Reminds me of Justin Gaethje. It catches up quickly. LHW isn’t as deep as LW.

But that division is no joke when it comes to the power proportional to their HT/WT.

Pochazka will probably become champ. I just can’t see his reign being long if he doesn’t change his style.

That was a great fight while it lasted. Reyes was hanging in there despite absorbing a lot of damage. He gave as good as he got. Just sad he’s taken to vicious KOs in his last two fights.

I’d actually love to see Jon versus Jiri.

Cardio, chin, power, and a great variety of strikes and angles. Nobody saying he'll have a JJ type run, it'll just take a verry specific type skill set and a chin of their own to beat him.

But like I said, almost all his fights in Rizin were exactly like this/Volkan. Man's must see TV.

We all said the same thing about Tony Ferguson lol. He’ll have a run. But how long is that run when your style doesn’t rely on defense?

Justin thought it was all sweet till he ran into Eddie and Dustin. He had to switch up the style.

That UFC gauntlet can get real man. They don’t pair up guys coming off losses anymore?

Dom gets slept by Jan and they immediately match him up with a guy that slept all but 3 of his opponents :lol:

Shout out to the guys that make it through the gauntlet to get that title shot

Fight was amazing but damn man, they really set Dom up. Back to back KO losses now. I guess we’ve seen Gaethje come back from a similar situation so it’s not impossible, but it can’t be easy either.

So this is two straight fighters that stopped the guy Jon Jones decisioned, very interesting.

I agree with everyone saying Jiri gets hit too much. Everyone who fights that way eventually gets hit with the right shot, it’s just a matter of when. He’ll be fun to watch for as long as it lasts though. And he just beat one of the best in the division inside of two rounds. Give him the winner of Jan v Glover for sure.

We all said the same thing about Tony Ferguson lol. He’ll have a run. But how long is that run when your style doesn’t rely on defense?

Justin thought it was all sweet till he ran into Eddie and Dustin. He had to switch up the style.
Bruh... How long was Tony's win streak?

Anybody being a Tony Ferguson of any division id call a successful career. And the one thing he has that Tony lacks is that one shot KO power, or even power at all.

If he can walk thru Jans punches that would be impressive as hell. But I think if Glover some how wins, that would be a real bad stylistic matchup for Jiri.

Bruh... How long was Tony's win streak?

Anybody being a Tony Ferguson of any division id call a successful career. And the one thing he has that Tony lacks is that one shot KO power, or even power at all.
He’s riding a 12-fight win streak. Not the same level of opponents as Tony. All we’re saying is his style is a ticking time bomb. It WILL end in a KO. Now how long the streak/train goes...is the entertainment.

As far as Dominic, he’s lost to three of the best fighters in the division (a current champ and former). He should sit out to early next year. Train. Get with someone like a Whitman or Sanford MMA, identify his tendencies and address them.

Well the diff in Tony’s case is that he is fighting 155ers who didn’t have that power in their hands like these 205ers do

Tony beat a lot of wrestlers and a few kickers and rda

Not really comparable

So then Jiri’s style is a ticking time bomb. He definitely “ate” some good shots from Reyes. He’s probably going to do the same against Jan. I’m sure he’ll enjoy a title fight or two.

And do we count his previous wins? Or do we simply say he’s on a two-win streak in the UFC?

Like everyone's saying, he'll go as far as his chin does. That's still a good few years away. Man's young as hell still and hasn't really took so much heavy damage yet. He has star potential with his fighting style and personality and the 205 division is in need of that. Til he gets slept, I'll just sit back and enjoy this run.

I mean, I'd count wins against CB dolloway and King Mo who were UFC caliber fighters. No difference inUFC come ups fighting on the pre lims

Back
Top Bottom