The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Lol at it being a boring division. You have some warped views on reality

Jiri, Jan,Reyes, Santos, ankalaev, volkan consistently put on entertaining matches

Smith, rakic, glover more than not put on exciting matches

Don’t think Glover can handle the speed difference. Jiri’s on another level than the guys on Glover’s current win streak.
I agree but if Glover can just land one takedown on Jiri, I don't know if he can get back to his feet. Jiris getups is like Derrick Lewis, all explosion. Glovers top pressure and control is just so damn good, knows how to stay very heavy on opponents. His BJJ is also light years ahead. Very bad stylistic matchup.

I know we don’t want to do the apples to oranges comparison but Jiris pressure/tempo was always on a la Ferguson or Gaethje.

Also, Reyes was nice in landing some very solid shots going backwards.

I agree but if Glover can just land one takedown on Jiri, I don't know if he can get back to his feet. Jiris getups is like Derrick Lewis, all explosion. Glovers top pressure and control is just so damn good, knows how to stay very heavy on opponents. His BJJ is also light years ahead. Very bad stylistic matchup.
If Glover gets on top it’s definitely bad news for Jiri I just think Jiri will connect before that happens. Roberson had Glover in some serious trouble I think Jiri can put him out.

c1deed55c9b988cdb9c887ebcaf91fc5.jpeg.jpg

Dom had jiri in somewhat danger on the ground, Glover really leaning into the offensive wrestling/bjj tho he’s a technician down there

I honestly would be really into either Jan or Glover fighting jiri

Bones vs. Jiri would be :nthat:
This!!

The danger and pressure is alluring. Course, Jon has never really been rocked in a LHW fight. But the intrigue is there.

But at the same time, I have the same interest or more so with NGannou/Jones. Especially after their last exchange on Twitter.

im all the way out on the Jiri hype train. he will get slept and soon.

the hands down dont bother me but the feet are sloppy. hes there sooo often to get cleaned out Dom just dont got it like that in his lil prepubescent high school swimmer body

I dunno. Is that an indictment on the division If it’s okay to have your hands down?

I know you say the division is healthy.

Going back to how quick Rose chucked up that left head kick against Zhang.

I just think in the case of Reyes he was getting pressured and on his back foot. All that chaos, it’s almost seems easy (though obviously difficult considering it’s only the third in the UFC) to sneak in that elbow. That fight was insane. The title of war is appropriate. Probably one of the best LHW fights I’ve seen in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom