The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

For a submission guy, Ortega has no grappling endorsement. Been wasting too much time in Cortez’s guard.

That was a great fight. Volk gets his respect with this win. No need for the Max rematch yet. I still wouldn’t mind seeing a Max vs Ortega 2 after Max washes Yair.

commentary is terrible w/out rogan

DC going thru puberty

those 2 chokes were super deep. idk how volk survived

no way ortega is 5'8

Last edited:
Max/Ortega 2? You really want to kill Ortega, eh?

The blows from Max/Ortega 1 and now Volk/Ortega is guaranteed CTE for Ortega.

Hopefully folks finally give Volk his respect. That man's so damn good. Him and Max will run the division for as long as theyre in their prime.

Flat footed, no head movement zombie made Ortega's striking look better than it really is. Volk was boxing that man's head off. And that GNP was rough. Could've easily been stopped in the 3rd. Ortega couldn't even get up off the canvas. Corner had to pick him up.

^^^^^^I think he means the wrestling aspect. That is where BJJ vs wrestling have their arguments.

Max/Ortega 2? You really want to kill Ortega, eh?

The blows from Max/Ortega 1 and now Volk/Ortega is guaranteed CTE for Ortega.
I just want Max to get his belt back. I just don't see him ever fighting Volk unless he goes through at least 2 more fights.

Ortega is just not the striker he thinks he is but he had his moments in there today. Overall an entertaining fight, which is why I love this sport.

Volk already said Max would be next, and that was before the Yair fight was official again. Once he turns Yair in to a punching bag they'll rematch again.

Volk took care of t city but he was def in danger multiple times. Folks weren’t giving t city any kind of chance after t city beat zombie

Scorecards were a lil crazy but the right man won

volk gets my respect as the second best in the world and top 3 of all time

ur clueless
ortega is a gracie BJJ black belt. that's as legit as they come

It autocorrected, I am well aware of his pedigree. He clearly has an endurance issue and gasses after each sub attempt. His rose was filled with submissions but now he’s gassing while attempting them against the elite guys. He fell in love with his striking off of the Edgar fight and it mostly looks awful with the exception of the TKZ fight. He really needs to work on boxing fundamentals.

Welcome to the thread. You been following MMA as long as you been on NT?

It autocorrected, I am well aware of his pedigree. He clearly has an endurance issue and gasses after each sub attempt. His rose was filled with submissions but now he’s gassing while attempting them against the elite guys. He fell in love with his striking off of the Edgar fight and it mostly looks awful with the exception of the TKZ fight. He really needs to work on boxing fundamentals.

Welcome to the thread. You been following MMA as long as you been on NT?
go back to the boxing thread. ur clearly in over ur head

Went back and watched the beginning of the Volk/Ortega fight, the Murphy/Valentina and the Merab/Marlon fight.

FW is definitely shallow ATM. Max is getting the next tile fight after his Yair fight. KZ been low profile. Giga definitely a threat. And Zhabit. :frown:

Valentina is legitimately in the discussion of P4P woman. She’s been busier lately. I give Amanda the slight edge since she defends titles at two division and has a win over Cyborg, Miesha and Ronda.

Moraes ate a lot of shots. Merab is going to be a problem at 135.

Right now, I’d say 135>170>155>115>145>Men 125>185>205> HW> women 135> women 145.

volk finished him in the third. Periodt

chill on 55 though... did he not watch that behometh Jalen last night???

20210926_081453.jpg

Last edited:
Jalen?

I didn’t see him. Volk said he used to walk around at 190. He’s just super short.

I’ve started throwing shade at 145. I really do think it hasn’t moved too much…besides Allen and Giga. But with a division with Max and Alex. They definitely deserve to be in the FW Mount Rushmore with Aldo and the Irish fella. Max and Alex have been in four of the last craziest FW title matches (Ortega/Holloway, Volkanoski/Holloway 1, Volkanoski/Holloway 2 and Volkanoski/Ortega).

Valentina the new DJ. Hopefully she can get double digit title defenses.

Last edited:
the Tarantula... if Volk were to come up TODAY Im betting Turner... yea he dealt with Ortegas "length" well but this would be a whole OTHER thing

dude is 6'3, long time training partner of Bisping... made a move and been working his grappling. Took Medic's undefeated record quite easily. Going to be making a run if he can stay healthy *knock on wood*

he got K0'd fierce by luque a cpl years ago but was lookin great till he tried some foo foo spinning ish

Last edited:
absolutely. And thats no shade to Alex. he is very clearly a BAD dude.

What an incredible run for CKB. if they come to America and establish themselves I hope they have the foresight to have someone turn the cameras on. Easy lil youtube mini series thatll do numbersss. Although I think Alex has been here with another coach for a minute.

Alex said pre fight that he hasn’t been training with ckb but I guess since Eugene was there for hooker he got to also corner Alex

Ortega suffered a lot against Max and Alex but it’s crazy how he still had both of them in trouble

Also forgot about conor at 145 lol. I would still put Alex and Max over conor and aldo is kinda tough to place

Has volk left the gym or he just has to train elsewhere since new zealand and australia are really strict with travel and quarantine right now?

Alex I believe has always had his own team but he just works a lot with CKB. He said for the past 3 camps he hasn't been able to train with CKB due to Covid

Back
Top Bottom