The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Damb, Oliveria's coach was right. Dustin was scared to death to go to the mat with him

Unless you're Dagestani grappling with Charles is ill advised at this point.

Dustin wasn't dynamic enough to explode out of positions when he was on the verge of trouble.

He's not really that kind of athlete in general but the pace of first round really didn't help in that regard.

Dustin wasn't dynamic enough to explode out of positions when he was on the verge of trouble.

He's not really that kind of athlete in general but the pace of first round really didn't help in that regard.
Just based off dustin staying in that guard and not doing anything to risk advancing, that was telling

I love Pena now. And why yall think Dustin was retiring haha he wants red panty night.

Once Charlie O gets lasek its a wrap for 55. I think he continues mowing down the current crop even Islam. Wild that he decided to jus stand and bang with DP.

The Izzy situation is weird... the talks around the whittaker rematch have been quiet and weird.... and Izzy has been strangely withdrawn for awhile. Probably coming to the end of his contract...

Just based off dustin staying in that guard and not doing anything to risk advancing, that was telling

Yeah that was probably the 'safest' spot he was in grappling wise.

You might get smashed up some but not really any subs Charles could get off from there.

Probably wanted to avoid creating a scramble situation when trying to get back to his feet where he could get his back or neck taken.

And prior to that when he let Charles up after dropping him you knew he wanted no parts.

Bro I ******* dislike Chandler ...

Some of my most enjoyable UFC fights this year have been the ones that Chandler has gotten beated the F up.

Why would Dana give that Bum Connor? That paycheck needs to go to a UFC grown star not a fake star that has proven they are mediocre in the UFC.

Most interesting fight for Conor is probably a max rematch, or maybe Dustin 4 :lol:

He would need a warm up cowboy style tho. So Diaz 3

Last edited:
Bro I ****ing dislike Chandler ...

Some of my most enjoyable UFC fights this year have been the ones that Chandler has gotten beated the F up.

Why would Dana give that Bum Connor? That paycheck needs to go to a UFC grown star not a fake star that has proven they are mediocre in the UFC.
ROI and cronyism

Chandler gets paid a TON (so in a way youre kind of saving the difference on his bump), Whoever is the most responsible for that signing will want to validate their decision.

it really is the million dollar question...

Id vote A Diaz Bro, Tony Ferg, then Dustin in that order.

I saw Nunes in Florida in September with her fams. Definitely not on some fortune teller/armchair psychologist **** but she seemed so happy with her daughter and mom life, as well as looking hella bloated I wondered how much fighting is still her number 1 priority. Especially with an opponent who nobody thought even had a chance. Seemed like she thought she'd just show up and knock her the f out in the first like she does to everyone else.

I think even an 80% focused Nunes would destroy Pena in a rematch. Pena looked terrible despite the win. With all that said, Cody might be the biggest loser on this card. It's Bellator/Bareknuckle/PFL time.

Nah, biggest loser is Dana. Having Harrison in the front row, you could tell Dana was planning something. Now, he has to run it back with Peña. His Spring is ruined lol.

Amanda probably thought she had an air of invincibility. Her last real challenges were Cyborg and Valentina. She didn’t respect the grit of that girl. Julianna is beatable. But you have to come in there with a killer mentality like Valentina. She doesn’t respect her opponents either. But she works to show why they don’t deserve to be in there with her.

I can see Charley Olives doing the same thing to Justin. I favor Dustin’s hands more. The only wrinkle might be the uppercut and the leg kicks. We know Justin don’t want to touch the ground.

Charles had a game plan. The pace of the first round. The fact Dustin is a slow starter and can sometimes coast. Can’t do that with a BJJ killer like that.

I want to see that Islam fight.

Dustin can grapple but only against strikers, he doesn’t have the repertoire of an American wrestler. His stance is so boxing esque; very tall and narrow with stiff hips and slight knee bend. Only shoots when his opponent is near the fence, but shoots with a tall boxer’s stance :lol: so it’s telegraphed.
You’re spot on, you’ll need a grappler who’s been clinching since out of the womb to give Oliveira some challenge.
If we look at poirier’s last opponents besides Khabib, they’re all tailored to just stand and bang with him. And by now we know Dustin will win those exchanges since he’s likely to take one to give one.
I bet if given a rematch with Gaethje, Gaethje will definitely utilize his wrestling more which will cripple dp. However, I don’t understand where gaethje decided to drop his wrestling and believed he was a world renowned striker:lol:

Last edited:
Dustin can grapple but only against strikers, he doesn’t have the repertoire of an American wrestler. His stance is so boxing esque; very tall and narrow with stiff hips and slight knee bend. Only shoots when his opponent is near the fence, but shoots with a tall boxer’s stance :lol: so it’s telegraphed.
If we look at poirier’s last opponents besides Khabib, they’re all tailored to just stand and bang with him. And by now we know Dustin will win those exchanges since he’s likely to take one to give one.
I bet if given a rematch with Gaethje, Gaethje will definitely utilize his wrestling more which will cripple dp. However, I don’t understand where gaethje decided to drop his wrestling and believed he was a world renowned striker:lol:
Agree with everything except the last part about Justin wrestling lol

you already admitted Justin doesn’t wrestle and he was demolished by khabib on the mat

I don’t believe for one second that Justin‘s wrestling would be overwhelming against Dustin

Agree with everything except the last part about Justin wrestling lol

you already admitted Justin doesn’t wrestle and he was demolished by khabib on the mat

I don’t believe for one second that Justin‘a wrestling would be overwhelming against Dustin
Yea I only said that cuz he has the pedigree but never utilized it, dp definitely has enough anti wrestling and I’d love to see what gaethje is capable of.
I know against Oliveira, Gaethje is tailored to lose. Oliveira is a spider against anyone who isn’t a dagestani-level wrestler.

I’m not saying Justine cant land a good shot. And it won’t be carnage like Chandler/Gaethje round 1. But as the fight went on, I’d give the edge to Charley Olive choking or breaking something on Justin.

Right now, I’d give Charles the edge on Islam striking. But…I don’t know if Charles can deal with the wrestling.

Out of Justin, chandler, Charles and Dustin- all of them get hit a lot

So when I see Justin saying Charles gets hit a lot... it’s like well so do you and a lot of other contenders

Have to believe Charles absorbs some shots but still gets to Justin’s back at some point
Bruh when Charles slipped to dp’s back that was a thing of beauty.

125 is jammed

Askarov missed weight, ****** himself. Should be next but now should fight either France or rematch Pantoja. Or any of those 2 of 3 fight

Someone might get left out and have to take an extra fight

Dustin was straight head hunting this fight. Man's just love to try and draw wars out of people which I'm sure wasn't the game plan for this.

Oliveiras intercepting knees to the body was money this fight. Would hit Dustin with it right when he stepped in range. Was really digging the body work. He's going to need that big time against Gaetjhe.

I really want to see Oli/Islam but man, Gaetjhe is going to be an even tougher fight for Oliveira.

And Rogan straight trash for saying Charles grabbed his glove the entire time in that 2nd round TD. He grabbed it at first but he immediately let it go before anything happened.

It wasn’t a grab if you watch it from another angle. He literally had control of his hand. Worst case, it was a second or two due to a transition.

Usual JRE, make a mountain out of a mole hill. “He’s hurt.”

Cody needs to take a hard look at his future in this sport. All those knock downs and KOs in only a few years at a young age is terrible for his health. He's not defensively sound and can't take on any real heavy hitters at 25 or 35.

Mannn…Cody after the Dominic Cruz fight was just incredible. The foot work, the hands, the alpha male wrestling…then he went into the TJ fights. Then it was like his identity as a fighter came into question. He began training with Mark Henry. And now we’re talking about 125.

Saw the same thing happened to another of TJ’s opponents, Renan Barao. Dude just wasn’t the same after the fight. Changed weight classes. Then he was cut. It’s a brutal sport. Darwinism at its best. And all out of the love for it since the pay is crap.

Back
Top Bottom