The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I look at the aldo/merab and rockhold/costa fights in the same light

Aldo and Luke may be more skilled but the pressure and force of their opponents may be the deciding factor

Aldo is most def still a contender while I think Luke is washed but yeah

I don’t think the altitude will def play a role but it certainly could as well

I don’t see a clear path for Luke to win - he was talking about taking this to the ground? 😂

You don't think he can?

Lukes top game is OD (pause) His take downs might not be great but can't completely rule out the way he washed Machida and Da Chris about 10 yrs ago :lol:

The fact he's only had 3 fights since losing the title is crazy to me though :wow:

A lot of no names or newer fighters. Should result in good, exciting fights from hungry gals/guys.

Card definitely more attractive than the next card or the January Anaheim one.

You don't think he can?

Lukes top game is OD (pause) His take downs might not be great but can't completely rule out the way he washed Machida and Da Chris about 10 yrs ago :lol:

The fact he's only had 3 fights since losing the title is crazy to me though :wow:
The sport waits for no one

Not only has luke been getting destroyed (he’s broken his jaw like twice right?) he’s getting old as hell. He’s always going through some kind of injury

I don’t think anyone can question his skill when he was in his prime. But he ain’t in his prime no more. If he can pull this off I’d be surprised as hell tbh

The sport waits for no one

Not only has luke been getting destroyed (he’s broken his jaw like twice right?) he’s getting old as hell. He’s always going through some kind of injury

I don’t think anyone can question his skill when he was in his prime. But he ain’t in his prime no more. If he can pull this off I’d be surprised as hell tbh

Yeah I don't think it's likely either tbh.

If his ego draws him into trading he getting ktfo.

You don't think he can?

Yeah the MMA gawds do not care about 10 years ago 😂😂

I like Luke and especially what he’s trying to do for the fighters

As great of a technician as Leon Edwards is, I don’t see him beating Usman.

Even though his defensive wrestling has probably improved significantly since their first fight, Usman still gonna Usman at some point. He’ll either get the takedowns or be able to hold Edwards against the fence for long stretches. And the threat of a one-strike knockout isn’t really there to keep Kamaru honest.

Should be closer than this time.

…but Usman by UD.

Jon Anik talking about Rockhold getting a title shot if he beats Costa.

…Anik the slightly less stupid version of Mike Goldberg.
It could very well happen

It’s crazy but who else would get it if izzy beats Alex

Anik wasn’t the only one saying this, basically every mma reporter/analyst was discussing this all week on their podcasts

There really isn’t another name out there

It could very well happen

It’s crazy but who else would get it if izzy beats Alex

Anik wasn’t the only one saying this, basically every mma reporter/analyst was discussing this all week on their podcasts

There really isn’t another name out there
You can’t give a title shot to a guy who gets one win after being knocked out in 3 out of his last 4 fights.

He’s not even currently ranked in the top 15…by the UFC.

If the UFC can’t find anyone else legitimate enough to challenge for the title, then they’ve got a very big problem at middleweight.

I mean they gave a title shot to Dan Henderson when Bisping won? Or Romero was Izzy’s first title defense just because he’s the big bad boogie man in the division despite losses. Can’t try to make sense of it.

You can’t give a title shot to a guy who gets one win after being knocked out in 3 out of his last 4 fights.

He’s not even currently ranked in the top 15…by the UFC.

If the UFC can’t find anyone else legitimate enough to challenge for the title, then they’ve got a very big problem at middleweight.
Yeah you’re right but that isn’t how the ufc works

Back
Top Bottom