The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Good fight for Gane, I didn’t take much from it….

Tai just don’t the the fitness to keep up with the elite at HW, he basically mark hunt, derrick lewis 2.0

He had some good wins and had the momentum, but everyone knew he basically had a punchers chance.

I was impressed with Ganes finishing ability though, went for the kill and got it….seemed happy to coast & point in previous fights.

Stipe kinda holding things up at this point,

Stipe, Jon, francis and Gane a 4 man race

Jon been ready….not sure what’s up with Stipe, if he can’t go..I’m down for Jon & Gane for the interim.

Great win by Gane but as others have stated, Tai played into his game. Game’s grappling just isn’t good and he’s not a super devastating KO artist. I don’t see how he beats Jones or Stipe, unless both are washed.

Four-man race?

We putting the cart before the horse. Jon hasn’t fought in two years. He looked very beatable in his last two fights (some even say he lost them). Plus HW is dangerous. Again…the title defense streak is three (the only other wild division like that is LW and that’s more due to the talent not one punch KO factor). Jon has gotten older. Jon’s first test is going to be a title fight. Jon has a chin. But against these dudes. That’s going to evaporate quick.

Gane keeps eating punches like he did from Tai. Even he’ll be punchy. Even Stipe took some good ones to the chin and lost his title twice due to it.

Also…if there’s any disrespect it’s toward Cyril. My man has eight fights in the UFC. Five of them finishes (TKO or submission). He can point fight exquisitely. But he also has a killer instinct and decent grappling. He just needs to work on his wrestling.

Gane’s KOs not that impressive imo. Elbowed JDS in the back of his head, Derrick Lewis got tired, punched Tai in the back of his head.

Tai was going to get TKO’d. The blow to the back of his head is regrettable and probably wasn’t intentional (lol at Bisping calling it out during the replay).

Cyril is nice (for a HW). The height, length, striking, grappling. He doesn’t have scary KO power a la Biggy Boy or Francis. Nor does he have the wrestling of a Blaydes. I think if he can learn to defend takedowns and initiate some of his own. He’ll be crazy scary.

Would like to see Whittaker vs Costa now
I think Rob should fight Costa. Fresh matchup. Marquee co-main.

But I fear they’ll just wait until MSG card to see how the smoke clears or make their next move. They both could move up to 205 (Costa probably more easier).

Jiri, Jan and Glover are some big guys. That’s crazy. Kind of like the Buckley/Imanov fight. Or anyone who fought JBJ. You’re giving up height, length and weight to those dudes.

Great win by Gane but as others have stated, Tai played into his game. Game’s grappling just isn’t good and he’s not a super devastating KO artist. I don’t see how he beats Jones or Stipe, unless both are washed.

He destroys Stipe at this point imo. He's 40 with hella mileage.

Jones is an unknown quantity... Gane stand up is a problem though. That right uppercut that rocked Tai was different.

Blaydes or stipe v gane seems the likely choice by Dana imo and also merit wise makes sense

Assuming Francis stays with the ufc I don’t think Dana will make an interim belt

I think Jones will get the immediate title shot with Francis

Stipe might be out of luck tbh

Gane is angling for the money fight but since there’s no real obvious opponent for Francis I think Jones will be the answer

Gane, blaydes and stipe gotta all fight one more time imo

Good fight for Gane, I didn’t take much from it….

Tai just don’t the the fitness to keep up with the elite at HW, he basically mark hunt, derrick lewis 2.0

He had some good wins and had the momentum, but everyone knew he basically had a punchers chance.

I was impressed with Ganes finishing ability though, went for the kill and got it….seemed happy to coast & point in previous fights.

Stipe kinda holding things up at this point,

Stipe, Jon, francis and Gane a 4 man race

Jon been ready….not sure what’s up with Stipe, if he can’t go..I’m down for Jon & Gane for the interim.
If Francis and Gane can keep the fight standing, I think they both smoke Jon Jones.

Most of his success as a kickboxer has come against much smaller guys.

…his standup technique has always been mediocre imo.

Gane has future champ written all over him, but as of right now, that TDD is too much of a glaring hole in his game.

Wild Francis and Cyril came from the same gym. Ferdinand seems to focus exclusively on the striking. But Cyril does have a decent ground game. They just need to shore up that glaring hole because Stipe, Jon, Blaydes or Francis can exploit it.

I think Jon might…be able to follow the blueprint Cyril laid in that first fight. We know Francis ain’t out wrestling a NCAA wrestler. Problem is that ticking time bomb in Francis hands.

Had no knowledge of DJ’s upbringing, beautiful wife, or the killers One sent against him. My man high key disrespected by UFC.

Watched the DJ/Moraes 2 fight today. Moraes is huge. Five inches taller and probably 20 pounds heavier.

Back
Top Bottom