The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If there’s a skirmish between Chimaev and his teammates and Team Diaz before UFC 279, the Chechen fighter said he won’t back down.

“If they wanna fight before (Saturday), f*** the money, brother,” Chimaev told ESPN. “I’m gonna fight with them. I love to fight. It’s what I love – it’s my work to fight.

“I’ve been born for war. I’m inside a warrior. don’t care. When the fights come, you don’t care about money or what’s behind it – just fight. We will see what happens.”

Yo, what’s wrong with Chimaev? He doing too much.

Nate is such a G. So authentic. At least he gets a bag for the beat down. And hopefully, he’s Jake Paul’s next fight.

Yo, Conor vs Nate 3 might be the easiest bag for Dana, he don’t want that?

That’s what they were trying to do. Nate didn’t want to do it. Just wanted to fight out his contract. As a FU, they gave Nate Khamzat.

Plus Connor wasn't fully healed to fight and Nate wasn't willing to wait. Nate kept saying money wise, he is good and wasn't looking to get more. He like wants to compete in other things whether in jiu-jitsu or boxing to text his skills there.

Yep seemed like Nate actually wanted the Dustin fight but UFC didn't want to give it to him. Instead they appear to be trying to make him look bad on the way out.

If this is really Nate's last UFC bout I hope he gets what he deserves outside the org. Could see him boxing Jake Paul especially if Paul beats Silva.

Also damn I thought Kamaru was getting at least a mil in last couple title fights. Not surprised he's calling out guys like Canelo.

Yep seemed like Nate actually wanted the Dustin fight but UFC didn't want to give it to him. Instead they appear to be trying to make him look bad on the way out.

If this is really Nate's last UFC bout I hope he gets what he deserves outside the org. Could see him boxing Jake Paul especially if Paul beats Silva.

Also damn I thought Kamaru was getting at least a mil in last couple title fights. Not surprised he's calling out guys like Canelo.
Maybe Usman was getting a mil with PPV points

usmans biggest paydays were probably against masvidal

no way he was getting over a mil to fight edwards in utah of all places

These places like utah and Texas and Middle East pay big bucks for the ufc to come to town

Idk if that effects how much usman gets but I wouldn’t be surprised if he got a cut of that

I’m surprised they didn’t do the “fun” Nate/Dustin fight.

Now my man has to be the sacrificial lamb to the wolf. Hopefully, he doesn’t fight for too much longer and gets a couple life changing bags.
Maybe Usman was getting a mil with PPV points
I’d imagine Kamaru has made a million in a few cases with those “undisclosed” bonuses and/or PPV points. Probably why he chose the Masvidal fights.

It’s hard to know when there isn’t transparency in the sport.

Loser leaves contender town
I think even if Dustin wins he'll look for the money fights moving forward. I'm not that interested in seeing him fight Conor again but if it is made again in 23' I'd watch. Only way I could see Dustin fighting for the belt is if Volk was too beat winner of Islam/Charles. He doesn't want it with the two latter guys.

This sucks, was the perfect fight

The Welsh bantamweight announced Wednesday via Facebook that he has been forced to withdraw from an upcoming bout against Kyler Phillips, which was scheduled for Nov. 19 at UFC APEX in Las Vegas.

According to Shore, he has suffered “a serious knee injury” and doesn’t expect to return to competition before the end of 2022.

See Shore’s statement here:

“Unfortunately I am out of my upcoming fight due to a serious knee injury. Gonna be sidelined for likely the rest of the year as this one is gonna take a bit of time to get right!
“I’ll go into more detail about the specifics on my next podcast to save the long post.
“As always thank you all for your support!”

I think even if Dustin wins he'll look for the money fights moving forward. I'm not that interested in seeing him fight Conor again but if it is made again in 23' I'd watch. Only way I could see Dustin fighting for the belt is if Volk was too beat winner of Islam/Charles. He doesn't want it with the two latter guys.
Both Dustin and chandler are on their way out which is why I’m not as high on 155 as others are

Respect to Gane for keeping it real, so they potentially offer you Blaydes or sit out and wait for Stipe, JJ or the Francis rematch to be available? Yep no brainer there unless Blaydes is absolutely the only matchup available and he needs the dough.

Blaydes been stuck in his current position for a while. Was so close until Derrick Lewis knocked his lights out.

Make the Costa fight happen. If Costa wins, he’s got the leverage to negotiate a much higher contract. Bobby Knuckles could use the win to try for a third Adesanya fight or try to move up for a #1 contender at LHW.

Back
Top Bottom