The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

In 2022

Jiri tested= 22 times
Jones= 4 times

That is wild. Cheaters like TJ, JBJ, etc get to avoid USADA.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , where in Texas are you moving again?

Also what are everyone’s end of year awards?

Fight of the Year?
Fighter of the year?
Coach of the year?
Biggest upset?
Most improved?

Fight of the Year: Jiri/Glover. Porier/Chandler, Khamzat/Gilbert Burns, etc we’re all good. But there was something immensely insane and chaotic, even toward the ending about Jiri/Glover that makes it my pick.

Fighter of the year: Alex Pereria (mainly because he beat the #2 P4P as well as Strickland). He fought three times. Once against a top ten opponent and then the champ. Volk is definitely an honorable mention by convincingly beating Max and Korean Zombie.

Coach of the year: Coach Khabib. Off the top of my head, couldn’t think of anyone else. Khabib coaches two of the best 155ers on the planet. I imagine his stable will get stronger next year.

Biggest upset: Leon!!! Usman was the #1 P4P. And Leon was legitimately losing that fight going into the fifth. He landed that head kick and delivered one of the best post fight interviews ever. L Pacheco is an honorable mention.

Most improved: Zhang Weili imo. I was down on her last year after the two losses to Rose. But she came back looking great against JJ and KO’d her. And then dominated Carla. Her wrestling game has gotten way better.

You could also argue for the MW champion since he legitimately only has had four MMA fights but he’s a two division kick boxing champion.

That is wild. Cheaters like TJ, JBJ, etc get to avoid USADA.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , where in Texas are you moving again?

Fight of the Year?
Fighter of the year?
Coach of the year?
Biggest upset?
Most improved?

Fight of the Year: Jiri/Glover. Porier/Chandler, Khamzat/Gilbert Burns, etc we’re all good. But there was something immensely insane and chaotic, even toward the ending about Jiri/Glover that makes it my pick.

Fighter of the year: Alex Pereria (mainly because he beat the #2 P4P as well as Strickland). He fought three times. Once against a top ten opponent and then the champ. Volk is definitely an honorable mention by convincingly beating Max and Korean Zombie.

Coach of the year: Coach Khabib. Off the top of my head, couldn’t think of anyone else. Khabib coaches two of the best 155ers on the planet. I imagine his stable will get stronger next year.

Biggest upset: Leon!!! Usman was the #1 P4P. And Leon was legitimately losing that fight going into the fifth. He landed that head kick and delivered one of the best post fight interviews ever. L Pacheco is an honorable mention.

Most improved: Zhang Weili imo. I was down on her last year after the two losses to Rose. But she came back looking great against JJ and KO’d her. And then dominated Carla. Her wrestling game has gotten way better.

You could also argue for the MW champion since he legitimately only has had four MMA fights but he’s a two division kick boxing champion.
Can't complain about any of your picks, Khabib gotta be coach the year for sure

I'm moving back to Dallas bro, I was there for 3 years until the pandemic happened then I moved back to CA

I'll be flying to Dallas on Sunday, I'm happy to go back tbh! I'm keeping my condo here in CA though so it's all good

I wish happy holidays and blessings in the new year. I know it can’t be easy.

Also appreciate you posting a lot in this thread. Thread sort of dies between cards and only picks up with reactions so it’s always nice to chop it up with a fellow MMA fan.

Can't complain about any of your picks, Khabib gotta be coach the year for sure

I'm moving back to Dallas bro, I was there for 3 years until the pandemic happened then I moved back to CA

I'll be flying to Dallas on Sunday, I'm happy to go back tbh! I'm keeping my condo here in CA though so it's all good

Disappointed in you leaving smh

Circumstances brodie. I wasn't making it no more after I got laid off last year, was really struggling to maintain my lifestyle

Now I'll be making what I wanted to in CA but in TX, so I know I'll be more than good. Time to start buying more property

Sorry to hear my guy - lot of people moving to Texas and DFW ain’t too bad - buy ASAP that market is looking tempting

No way Perez accepts that fight against Muhammad

Fight of the year for me is easily jiri/glover. The amount of times they each had moments where you thought they were gonna finish each other. Then the fact jiri was down on the scorecards in the fifth round, and was able to get the submission on glover. Amazing fight.

Fight of the Year?
Fighter of the year?
Coach of the year?
Biggest upset?
Most improved?
Adding in post fight interview of the year just cause the moment was so epic.

My guy Leon finally winning that strap. That whole "look at me now" speech still gives me chills man.

A close 2nd is money Moicano going off on a tangent talking in 3rd person :lol:

Happy Holidays my guys. Hope everyone enjoys this little break we get from a year round sport we all love.

Adding in post fight interview of the year just cause the moment was so epic.

My guy Leon finally winning that strap. That whole "look at me now" speech still gives me chills man.

A close 2nd is money Moicano going off on a tangent talking in 3rd person :lol:

Happy Holidays my guys. Hope everyone enjoys this little break we get from a year round sport we all love.
Look at mi now!! Pound 4 pound what? Headshot!!

Definitely one of the best for the raw and honest emotion.

The Moicano one is good too.

Also, the ugh I just got away with a robbery post fight award has to go to Paddy Pimblett. Suga Sean is a runner up with the I have to go back and watch it.

The I let a journalist get in my head rent free post fight interview also goes to Paddy Pimblett.

But I’d also give him the best entrance award as well.

BW got a lil line forming for the title. We have no idea when Aljo is fighting Henry. Suga is waiting in the wings. If Chito wins, his name is in the title mix. And I suppose the same for Sandhagen.

Back
Top Bottom