The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

it’s even more evident how good max was when he fought Dustin

I think less and less that max could be anything at 155. His power just ain’t there

But going back to Dustin- for him to give Dustin that much damage is crazy

If I recall there were a few moments where Dustin was in trouble (body shot plus exhaustion). You are right, it is a shame Max doesn’t have a little more power.

It’s just not the epic match Jones is making it out to be lol
Not liking the retirement talk. But would be a g reat send off for both.

UFC has a Holloway problem. He’s a gatekeeper at FW. Arnold was on a 10-fight win streak smh.

If I recall there were a few moments where Dustin was in trouble (body shot plus exhaustion). You are right, it is a shame Max doesn’t have a little more power.
That’s his game. Volume fighting. His boxing is slick (for MMA). Just doesn’t have enough pop and doesn’t use grapple to really pose a threat to top LWs.

Great fight from both guys. Arnold definitely earned his keep among the top of the division. Still think he can be a future champ. This being his first 5 rounds against someone like Max will only make him better.

Can't believe Max's chin is still so damn durable. The Yair and 3rd Volk fight alone would have worn on other fighters and he still walked through some heavy shots from Arnold. Dude is built different.

Max is more like Volk’s bodyguard at this point. Anybody that can get passed Max gets a title shot. Aside from the guys that get a bogus interim title for whatever reason.

It is a shame because Max would be champ without Volk in the division, but he isn’t beating Volk at this point of his career. A shame too because Max deserved the decision in their second fight.

How is the second best in the division a “gatekeeper?” :lol:
“Because you must defeat Max Holloway to stand a chance”

Max isn’t going to earn a rematch with Volk. They’ve fought three times. So if an impressive contender like Yair or Arnold lose, it’s a setback. Yair benefited from Folk moving up and UFC having the foresight to book an interim. Not saying Arnold can’t find himself in an interim or title shot but Arnold was probably the legitimate title contender. I never felt Emmett or Yair deserved a shot over him.

Sign me up!!

Dana can still make money on Max. Fighting Max is like fighting for a title.

If you had fought and beat him after Max/Volk 2, you’d be the lineal champion. But no one did.

The only other division similar to this is MW with Whitaker.

I just hope they dont make Topuria fight Max :lol:

Definitely going to fight Du Plessis.

Bro, it better not be Strickland :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Dana loves Izzy at the moment and will give him special treatment, especially since Alex is gone

Would wager that Izzy is ultimately calling the shots for this next fight and if he's really not wanting du Plessis- I could easily see Strickland get in there :sick: :sick: :sick: :smh:

That Evloev/Mitchell fight is fire but damn that sucks for JSP. Hopefully they take care of him with another big fight to hit the rankings.

Didn't even realize Kron is making his come back too :lol:

“Because you must defeat Max Holloway to stand a chance”

That’s not true. Korean Zombie got a title shot without ever facing Max. Letting Allen get a title shot after beating Cattar and Hooker would’ve been crazy anyway. If anything, he’ll probably have to just beat Ortega or Yair next to get a title shot which is hardly a setback.

That’s not true. Korean Zombie got a title shot without ever facing Max. Letting Allen get a title shot after beating Cattar and Hooker would’ve been crazy anyway. If anything, he’ll probably have to just beat Ortega or Yair next to get a title shot which is hardly a setback.
It wouldn’t have been crazy at all if Allen got the title shot. He most likely would have

He’s English an the other options are topuria and emmett

Why would allen have to fight yair to get a title shot. That makes no sense lol

Back
Top Bottom