The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Allen deserved that title shot more than Yair and Emmett man :lol: . Had a much longer win streak than both guys.

Emmett got a title shot off a controversial Kattar decision and Yair off an Ortega injury TKO.

And TKZ only got a title shot because Max fell out with an injury and they needed someone to fill in for that May ppv last year man. TKZ was never getting that shot without that.

It wouldn’t have been crazy at all if Allen got the title shot. He most likely would have

He’s English an the other options are topuria and emmett

Why would allen have to fight yair to get a title shot. That makes no sense lol

What sense would it make to give him a title shot when he hasn’t beaten anyone in the top 5 of the division? I’m not saying Dana hasn’t done that in the past, but it still doesn’t make sense.

I mentioned Yair and Ortega because both are ranked higher than him right now.

Rank don't mean anything :lol:

Dudes sit on their numbers all the time. It's more about win streak and resumé on who "deserves" a title shot. Allen deserved it more than Emmett and Yair.

Don't know why Ortega is even in the convo, dude shouldn't even be ranked that high anymore. Man's got 1 win in 5 years and he's supposedly a top fighter of the division.

Allen, Topuria, and Evloev would make that man sit another year. Hes just an average boxer with no defense and great bjj that he never uses.

What sense would it make to give him a title shot when he hasn’t beaten anyone in the top 5 of the division? I’m not saying Dana hasn’t done that in the past, but it still doesn’t make sense.

I mentioned Yair and Ortega because both are ranked higher than him right now.
Didn't read your first post right, at all lol

But just to mention- Ortega has lost 2 in a row and got badly injured

We’re acting like Islam beat a top five opponent. Meritocracy wise, he should have. Beniel was probably the most deserving LW at the time Islam fought Charles. But Ali and his relationships got Islam to skip the line. Dariush shouldn’t have to fight anyone and should get the Abu Dhabi fight.

UFC is a business and they’d like their champs to fight twice a year. At the same time, deserving contenders should get title shot. Folks like Belal, Arnold, etc deserve those title shots. We know the rankings are dubious and some folks will sit on their ranking.

That Tony stat is sad sad

I don’t see why porier wouldn’t take that fight with dariush considering if he wins pretty much guaranteed a title shot

Ya keep okaying the okie doke. Beniel has a what eight fight win streak. He deserves a title shot. Belal has won eight times in his last nine fights (the ninth was a no contest). Arnold had 10 wins in a row.

They all have one thing in common. They’re not highly popular and quiet professionals. We know the type. They often get passed over by women, jobs, etc. Not because of character or ability just politics and loudness.

Ya keep okaying the okie doke. Beniel has a what eight fight win streak. He deserves a title shot. Belal has won eight times in his last nine fights (the ninth was a no contest). Arnold had 10 wins in a row.

They all have one thing in common. They’re not highly popular and quiet professionals. We know the type. They often get passed over by women, jobs, etc. Not because of character or ability just politics and loudness.
This is exactly what should be understood

This isn’t a merit based system

It never will be lol

It’s only going to get worse if anything so no use in getting upset over matchups. You have to do more than just win

This is prize fighting and promotions can do whatever they want

That’s why I don’t take it seriously as a sport. Not saying basketball, football, baseball, or hockey are perfect but that subjectivity and human element can definitely make you skeptical and find some decisions befuddling.

Belal has to lay on the altar of sacrifice for Shavkat. L o l. While Colby got to avoid Khamzat, Brady, Shavkat, etc.

Benny saying the ufc is pushing his fight back to June card with Olivera. If Olivera pulls out Benny gets the title shot with islam in the fall.

Gilbert gonna take short turnaround and fight likes of Colby (doubtful he'd accept), Belal (more likely) or someone dangerous like Shavkat??

As a big fan of Max it was nice to see him get the W last night but at same time Allen seems like good guy and wouldn't have minded seeing him get his hand raised either. At this point they prob give Topuira the shot if he beats Emmett.

As a big fan of Max it was nice to see him get the W last night but at same time Allen seems like good guy and wouldn't have minded seeing him get his hand raised either. At this point they prob give Topuira the shot if he beats Emmett.
I thought Allen won last night rounds 2,3,5

I'd have scored it 48-47 for Max as I could see rds 2 and 5 for Allen. If they gave Max rd 5 based off that late knockdown I'd be ok with that too. Maybe I was tired since I watched late last night but I feel the right man won.

Max definitely won rounds 1, 3, and 4. You could, subjectively, say he won round five. He knocked down Allen twice in that shoot out and after the initial sprint by Allen, he came back on.

Max was definitely a lil “reserved.” He’s been that way his last three fights. Not sure if it’s decline or just a different approach to how he fights.

“Tap, Tap, Tap” Max is a force. The only two guys to give him fits are Volk who has great speed and fight IQ. And Dustin, who looked significantly bigger, when they fought. Max was in that fight but Dustin was definitely doing the significant damage.

Marcel retweet’d this, they were already scheduled to headline a card the week before this new date, so idk why they had to move

But I’m glad they’ll be guaranteed fans in attendance . This is topurias chance to put his name out there

Card this weekend should have fans. Heavyweight main event to determine real number one contender

Back
Top Bottom