The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

WW thin!?! Gilbert, Shavkat and some other guy who wants us to remember his name don't exist?!?!

Also while a Gilbert-Dustin fight would be fun, in no way is this the time for it.

WW you’ve got guys like colby rank squatting or older guys that have already fought for the belt and lost. As much as I’d want to see them fight each other I don’t think it makes sense to knock off one of the few young contenders in that division before either get a title shot. In a perfect world we’d get shavkat as ww champ vs khamzat as mw champ.

You do shavkat vs khamzat for a belt

The same way they built Izzy and costa up and executed that fight at perfect timing

Max takes out topuria might as well give him another shot. I don’t know what else you do with a guy who takes out everyone else besides the champ

Max already called for TKZ his next fight. He knows he isn't getting a Volk fight. Let that man fight fun fights or go up to 155 for some one offs.

Keep him far and away from Topuria and Evloev. Shouldn't have even fought Allen.

Max already called for TKZ his next fight. He knows he isn't getting a Volk fight. Let that man fight fun fights or go up to 155 for some one offs.

Keep him far and away from Topuria and Evloev. Shouldn't have even fought Allen.

Yup. He def shouldnt have fought Allen last weekend. Agreed on keeping Max away from those 2 as well

It would be malpractice to have Topuria fight Max. Topuria is already fighting Emmett anyway

Nobody wants to see Max fight Volk again. No matter who he beats. That matchup is just done

I want to see Max fight Volk again…

respek-211x240.png

Max barely beat Arnold allen and also took a lot of damage from yair (nothing against those two- they’re really good)

After losing like he did against volk- I don’t see how or why max and volk ever need to fight again

This is funny but also a real problem lol. It can really put a drag on volks title defenses

They need to stop matching up the obvious next contenders up with max

There’s no reason they need to be tested by max
Here's the issue with divisional GOAT discussions...what if that champ fights the same challengers multiple times? Do you value/respect the body of work the same? Alex has had to fight Max two times since, legitimately, winning the title. Alex has four title defenses, two of which are against Max Holloway.

Usman also has the same problem with his five title defenses. He fought Colby and Masvidal twice.

It might seem like there aren't challengers. But there are due to how a Max or Colby perch a top the rankings.
Max takes out topuria might as well give him another shot. I don’t know what else you do with a guy who takes out everyone else besides the champ
No. Let Max fight TKZ for a fun money fight. Or ask him to think about catch bantam or light weight fights. Let at Volk get a few fights before we discuss a possible fourth fight.

Exactly.
Yup. He def shouldnt have fought Allen last weekend. Agreed on keeping Max away from those 2 as well
If a contender like Emmett wants to fight Max to reach Volk, that's not a bad idea. Arnold Allen who was on a 10-fight win streak should have been next to fight Volk after Yair.

Yes everyone go to 205- 185 getting real treadmill-ish

Nothing left for izzy to do there unless he wants to wait for chimaev or Bo… assuming Alex never comes back

I could see Allen/Yair should Yair lose in July. If Allen wins his next fight that could be enough for a shot but they could also push Topuira if he wins impressively against Emmett.

Also I don't believe Max sniffs another FW shot unless Alex loses or he goes on a 3-4 fight win streak. He's still only 31 so hard to say where he goes moving forward. He clearly needs to bulk up if he's to try his hand seriously at 155.

LOL at Costa talking about going to 205. If that’s the case just give me Izzy vs khamzat main event for international fight week. I know with the rankings it doesn’t make sense but I think we can all agree it’s what the fans would want most.

Izzy got smoke for an ex!!

Sean O'Malley and company disagree with Khabib's Top 15 MMA of all time.

Costa calls out Jan.

Bellator is so random man

They’re having a Friday and Saturday card lol

They did a world tour with sabatello and now that he lost to stots- they have him fighting second on the main card on Friday behind some real crap fighters lmaooooo

On Saturday they have pico’s return from injury and stots vs mix though- better than the ufc card imo

Hyped for Tank/Garcia and Stotts/Mix. Really think Mix can be a top 3 BW in the world. He's been making big improvements that stand out fight to fight.

Next 2 UFC cards are rough. Fully expecting Blades to steamroll Pavlovich and still not get a title shot off it :smh:

Good to see Song and Simon moved as a main event. Fight deserves to be 5 rounds.

Bellator is so random man

They’re having a Friday and Saturday card lol

They did a world tour with sabatello and now that he lost to stots- they have him fighting second on the main card on Friday behind some real crap fighters lmaooooo

On Saturday they have pico’s return from injury and stots vs mix though- better than the ufc card imo
They also did back to back Hawaii cards last time and I believe reasoning is since the arena holds less than 10k they want to get more ROI. Though these cards have been promoted poorly, Stots/Mix is one of the best matchups they could put out but there's been almost 0 promotion for it. Saturdays card is solid though with Borg/Gucci, return of Aaron Pico and Hawaii's own Yancy Medeiros on the bill (he's on the prelims though wtf!).

Not really sure why they rushed Sabatello back so soon, probably just to get his name back out there after that L to Stots. He's like Chael extra light though and his trash talk/WWE schtick is very cringe.

UFC once did 3 cards in 3 days in 2015 that culminated with Aldo-McGregor. Was listening to the Ringer MMA Show other day and they mentioned Tony Ferguson and Edson Barboza fighting at The Cosmo in Vegas in front of less than 2k fans. Different times back then.

Back
Top Bottom