The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Say what you want about Sterling's run but if you wanna be that guy you have to do the same for Cejudo

Henry comes off the boring *** win over Sergio Pettis to get his rematch title shot with DJ

Many people, including myself had DJ winning that, I didn't see how you score it for Henry

Then Henry defends against a depleted and drained TJ

Then Henry goes up to 135 and barely beats Marlon, took a beating himself- Marlon goes on to pretty much lose 7 straight fights to end his career

Then Henry defends 135 against Cruz who had just gotten completely washed by Cody (which Cody btw goes on to look terrible the rest of his career)...

You can poke holes in everyone's resumes

I thought the layoff and age would show on Cejudo but he still looked like a top BW last night. He may have a good 2-3 fights before we see that real decline. Hope he stays for a couple more.

Belal looked good but nothing screams title winner. Elite game planning will only take him so far. Hard for me to see him beating Leon or Colby.

I give sterling his props, no denying it at this point how good he is and is up there all time for 135ers

But the hate he has received from the first Petr yan fight and how it’s only continued is the thing I think is crazy. Last night that post fight speech where he said im not trying to be an act or something like that, it shows he wants to be liked by the fans and it’s clearly getting under his skin. Sterling could smoke O’Malley and fans will still discredit his run and say it was a favorable matchup for him, he never fought merab.

Henry being 36 and now having a family- I don't think there's anywhere else to go but down

The hunger, motivation etc. just won't be the same- especially after clearly losing last night

Now if the cards were different and Henry had gotten to fight O'Malley for the title instead- that would have been interesting (Henry was really struggling with the reach at times last night... O'Malley may suck at takedown defense but his reach is significant)

But it's clear to me that Sterling is the superior fighter and will continue to be. Who even knows how Cejudo would fare against Merab

If sterling wants the fans on his side he needs more “emphatic” wins. Fans didn’t come around on cejudo until he was finishing guys by the time he was on top.

It doesn't matter but- how a judge gave Cejudo 3 rounds is really bad. I mean it kind of does matter when looking back at resumes- when you see split instead of unanimous

Would have been a robbery if somehow another judge also gave him 3 rounds

I feel bad for sterling. Not a fan of his but seeing him beat cejudo in his hometown only to get booed. Sheesh

aint even his hometown tho. he from Long Island. we got 2 arenas in LI so idk why they didnt just have his first headlining fight in his actual hometown :smh:

Wondering if long island would cheer for him. After the first fight with Yan it seemed like he was gonna embrace the role of being a heel / villain. It's tough though, very few can handle it like bisping, mcracist, and colby.

Wondering if long island would cheer for him. After the first fight with Yan it seemed like he was gonna embrace the role of being a heel / villain. It's tough though, very few can handle it like bisping, mcracist, and colby.

Yeah you would hope so - he’s LI through and through

Just rewatched the Belal Edwards fight

I remember clearly thinking Leon was winning the fight

After watching again he definitely was. He had Belal on his back foot the whole time and hit 1 2's right down the pipe

It only went 1 round but I felt that Leon was proving he was way more technical

Belal has improved his striking, it's been like 2 years. Belal is going to have to make it way dirtier this time around, he cannot just sit back like he was. Leon will outpoint him. However if Belal fights like he traditionally has and doesn't fear Leon's striking he could pull this off

If Krillin is done at 135, throw him in against Blessed. That’d be a spicy matchup.

Krillin wins, instant contender. Blessed starched the rest of the division already.

Yeah it's crazy to me that people are still discrediting Sterling because someone else made a stupid mistake like 4 fights ago.
Just toxic MMA thinking.

Think about it…Anthony Smith could’ve become the champ if he wasn’t channeling that toxic masculinity. Jones legitimately did an illegal strike.
If Krillin is done at 135, throw him in against Blessed. That’d be a spicy matchup.

Krillin wins, instant contender. Blessed starched the rest of the division already.
Fun fight. I’d buy it. Henry could legitimately have some fun money fights with Moreno and Holloway. Vice fight two BW killers to try to get back to the title. Maybe by then Aljo might have relinquished his title and Merab and whoever are fighting for it.

Cejudo has two options

145= max then volk, which lets be honest he would have gotten his *** beat by both

Or

135= take a fight with contender (merab in this case) and then fight whoever has the belt (most likely wouldn’t be Sterling since imo he will move to 145)

The obvious much easier route is staying at 135 however to definitively lose to Sterling like that and then to win the belt from someone else would diminish it a bit imo

We need to address the judges

Apparently the last judge who gave the fight to aljo, he scored the final round for aljo which everyone says was the most definitive round for cejudo.

We need to address the judges

Apparently the last judge who gave the fight to aljo, he scored the final round for aljo which everyone says was the most definitive round for cejudo.
It’s a mess. There’s also zero possibility that cejudo won 3 rounds, that judge should be fired. A lot of analysts saying “oh I wouldn’t argue it”.. no, flat out that’s an atrocious scorecard

Back
Top Bottom