The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

"It's not the fair business" hahaha. Dustin saying what we've all known for so many years. He knows damn well if he K.O.'s Gaethje there's a good chance he jumps Benny for a shot. Unless Benny gets an impressive finish I could see him getting passed over by Dustin or Gaethje especially if that fight lives up to the hype.

The styles in which they fight make it hard to market. Even though Sean only has 1 ranked win, he has a package of highlight reel KOs to sell the casual on.
If on the surface I looked…I might say there is a preference for a certain complexion considering Woodley, DJ, Aljo, Francis especially with someone from Boston.

But it’s probably not given Jon Jones and Izzy.

At the end of the day, Dana wants to be the biggest star in the UFC. Don’t mess with his bread or you see his petty side.

Aljo should already know what the dude’s response is going to be.

He doesn’t want to fight. We’ll strip him. This is the fight business not the fair one.

"It's not the fair business" hahaha. Dustin saying what we've all known for so many years. He knows damn well if he K.O.'s Gaethje there's a good chance he jumps Benny for a shot. Unless Benny gets an impressive finish I could see him getting passed over by Dustin or Gaethje especially if that fight lives up to the hype.

If Benny wins in June I think the fight between him and Islam to headline October is already done before Dustin/Justin fight.

DDP is an idiot and should be focusing on getting past Whittaker first. Whittaker and Max are the respective boogeymen of their divisions as they've shown to be able to beat everyone except the champs.

DDP is an idiot and should be focusing on getting past Whittaker first. Whittaker and Max are the respective boogeymen of their divisions as they've shown to be able to beat everyone except the champs.

I’m sorry but if I’m managing DDP I wouldn’t have taken the Whittaker fight. Izzy was ready to go to headline July and DDP could have pushed Izzy enough to make it happen.

Fight is already dumb as hell to begin with. Then you make the winner turn around in 2 months for their title shot.

If DDP somehow turns the fight into one of his signature super sloppy brawls, both them dudes might end up on a medical suspension :lol:

Shavkat would make easy work of Kelvin. If they want to give Shavkat a showcase FN though I'm all for it.

It’s beyond stupid that chimaev would only have 1 fight in 2023. So so stupid

“UFC told us we have a fight in Abu Dhabi, so that’s what I’m waiting for,” Chimaev said on his YouTube channel. “I’m already here in Dubai, living here, training camp, everything is good, so I’ve been in shape a long time ago. I’ve been in Thailand training camp, I’ve been here training camp, I’ve been in Sweden training, so just waiting for the opponent and the contract, so we’ll see what’s going to happen.”

So bellator is really for sale eh

Just do it wme- we want to see bellator vs ufc

Doesn’t seem like the pfl is that serious about buying them

I couldn’t even imagine ufc taking on bellator roster. 135 is already full of murderers row without that talent.

Between shavkat and khamzat. I’ve been saying both of them need a fight all year

dawgs, what up.

Shavkat would make easy work of Kelvin. If they want to give Shavkat a showcase FN though I'm all for it.
If Kelvin is moving down, maybe it might make sense for him to fight a lesser ranked opponent. Shavkat a beast. And ya don’t want old boy to deal with a tough weight cut AND a killer who probably got next.
So bellator is really for sale eh

Just do it wme- we want to see bellator vs ufc

Doesn’t seem like the pfl is that serious about buying them
PFL betta get that Middle East money quick. You know WME/WWE/UFC/Endeavor got deep pockets right now. They could easily outbid PFL. I think buying Bellator benefits PFL more as it creates more fodder for their seasons and PPVs. UFC has some deep divisions. It could help boost their shallow divisions like women’s BW, women’s FW, women’s FLW, men’s FW, FLW, LW, MW, LHW, HW. But it would just lead to them cutting some of the Just Some Fight Era fighters who have no business on a pro circuit.

If Aljo is ever going to go full heel this is it lol
I really feel for the guy. Dude is legitimately developing the greatest BW resume' and he just gets ished on.

Personally, I think he should just keep it business with Dana and ignore the fans. Homeboy is the champion of the world, getting paid, got a beautiful fiance', etc.

I was listening to a podcast and they said this exact same thing in hypothetical when it comes to a champ...

Like Francis or Woodley. Create Interim and you end up with guys like Gane or Colby getting a belt.

Aljo should sit out. Wait, he did that before...lol. Yan and Sandhagen fought.

Back
Top Bottom