The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Sterlings own words. He could have easily shut that down … but he didn’t

Him refusing wouldn’t make them strip him. That’s too crazy even for Dana

“I’m still injured, like with my legs banged up,” Sterling said. “My bicep still sucks. [I’m] supposed to get another MRI on that. I’m trying to get to this fight in August.”

“So I’m hoping the sensitivity of that is gone in a couple of days, hopefully by next week, and then we could make sure that this is gonna happen. For real, for reals. I told him, yes, verbally agreed. But of course, my body has to agree.”
They're still putting the pressure on him immediately after he fought. He wouldn't get stripped but he'd miss out on his biggest payday ever. If he refuses for August then the O'Malley fight is dead for him.

They're still putting the pressure on him immediately after he fought. He wouldn't get stripped but he'd miss out on his biggest payday ever. If he refuses for August then the O'Malley fight is dead for him.
November and December still need headliners

Dana would have been pissed- probably hold a grudge but O’Malley would be around

If anything they absolutely have the audacity to do an interim if they wanted O’Malley in Boston that bad

Dunno if Dana hates Sterling. Think it’s more so Dana really wants O’Malley to have the belt
Nah they haven't liked him since he was talking about fighter pay years back. Main reason why he always got skipped over for title shots.

Everyone knew he should've been next instead of Dom against Cejudo. Then he got skipped for the vacant belt when he clearly should've been one of the fighters.

Nah they haven't liked him since he was talking about fighter pay years back. Main reason why he always got skipped over for title shots.

Everyone knew he should've been next instead of Dom against Cejudo. Then he got skipped for the vacant belt when he clearly should've been one of the fighters.
I mean- Sterling wasn’t the only one skipped for cruz. Sandhagen and yan were there too

Plus Dana at the time seemed to be ok with letting Henry call his shots

Cejudo: "I'm on a legacy rampage, and I feel like Dominick is one of the guys that I can remember that made a big name, that kind of paved the road for a lot of us little guys. That's another reason why I wanted to fight him. I want to continue to add big names to my hit list and continue this legacy rampage."

Just watched selections from the card yesterday.

Dern looked aggressive and her stand up looked better. I’ve never seen Angela get dominated like that. I think calling out Rose is a hill too far.

Shahbayzan looked bad. Completely gas 3/4 of the way into round one. It was a wrap after that. It sounds like he trains in Vegas. Extreme Couture? He might want to take six months and cook/train. He’s still young. Probably too much too soon.

The Ferreira and Buckley KOs were brutal.

Natalia Silva is a cutie and dangerous.

I mean- Sterling wasn’t the only one skipped for cruz. Sandhagen and yan were there too

Plus Dana at the time seemed to be ok with letting Henry call his shots

Cejudo: "I'm on a legacy rampage, and I feel like Dominick is one of the guys that I can remember that made a big name, that kind of paved the road for a lot of us little guys. That's another reason why I wanted to fight him. I want to continue to add big names to my hit list and continue this legacy rampage."
At the time Yan was just jumping in to the top of the division and Sandhagen a bit after him. Aljo was sitting in the top 3 for almost a year or so and never got rewarded.

Nobody thought Yan deserved the vacant shot after beating Faber. I dont think people were saying he was passed over for Cruz.

Promotions been known to skip guys for big opportunities that have brought up fighter pay and put them in tough matchups. Aljo has just been winning all those matchups.

At the time Yan was just jumping in to the top of the division and Sandhagen a bit after him. Aljo was sitting in the top 3 for almost a year or so and never got rewarded.

Nobody thought Yan deserved the vacant shot after beating Faber. I dont think people were saying he was passed over for Cruz.
Honestly I don’t remember the chatter too much beyond that cruz was getting gifted a title shot

I feel like it’s more of a let’s do cruz a favor slash let henry get a big name on his resume

But I’m sure aljo wasn’t that well liked or else he’d have gotten it. He definitely been on the back burner his whole ufc run- I remember always asking why they ain’t give him more love

Just didn’t know he was deeply hated like that

FwrDAF0aUAAVRzi

I honestly don't close the window on it

I know it seems bleak but money always talks. I don't think Francis has a long term deal (?)

Dana has said so many things and went back on it

Mackenzie bae FTW.

I won’t lie. Her thighs were looking more juicy than PoPeyes last night.

I do agree about her face. Not sure if it’s the shape of her head, her nose, strong chin, etc. But she’s a marketable fighter. It’s wild a lot of these female fighters aren’t bigger than they are. I thought that was one of the benefits of WME.

I’d call her brave if she takes the Jessica Andrade fight (since Rose is trapped by a predator).

Last edited:

Yesterday’s tea/drama.

Pulled this pic of a tweet that AlJo left on MMA Junkie

IMG_3103.jpeg

Meanwhile, Islam chilling lol. Hill hasn’t had a fight since January. Amanda fights when she wants to.

See, Aljo tries to play nice and gets burned for it. You gotta be way more definitive in the UFC especially if you're a champion

None of this yes I'm in on condition of... Dana gonna take that inch and run with it

Dude is legit the worst at trying to be liked. He does get in his own way a lot- it sucks that he just don't have universal love. He deserves it but he be doing, saying stupid things all the damb time

Everyone was catching strays from Dana on Saturday:

Francis
PFL/Bellator
Aljo

Even a poor MMA journalist who commented on the Francis signing, Robin Black. Dana said the guy is living in 1997 and needs a makeover.

Last edited:
Yeah- any day now there should be news

I give usman hella respect since it seems like he’s genuinely trying to fight chimaev and it’s not a ploy. I feel like 185 might actually happen lol

It also doesn’t help him and merab are teammates and won’t fight each other

I don’t blame them for not fighting but they need to realize that brings issues

Not to mention merab can be known for boring fights

The styles in which they fight make it hard to market. Even though Sean only has 1 ranked win, he has a package of highlight reel KOs to sell the casual on.

Back
Top Bottom