The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Nah. If I were Islam since he’s still pretty young, break the record. Beat Justin and then either Charles or winner of Beniel/Tsurakyan (sp). Then move up to WW.

But he could move up to WW NOW. I’d geek off of a promotion with Colby, Khabib, Islam and Hasbullah!!

Looks like it's full steam ahead for Islam vs Charlie or Islam vs Justin

He's going to maul Charlie so that would be a waste but Charlie's done a lot so it is what it is

Looks like it's full steam ahead for Islam vs Charlie or Islam vs Justin

He's going to maul Charlie so that would be a waste but Charlie's done a lot so it is what it is

Personality I feel as though Oliveira has a legit shot to beat anybody at 155.

Head kick, knee, submission etc…you name it, he could do it.

But I would certainly make Islam the favorite.

Personality I feel as though Oliveira has a legit shot to beat anybody at 155.

Head kick, knee, submission etc…you name it, he could do it.

But I would certainly make Islam the favorite.
He just gonna get taken down though and Charlie has been subbed many times

I wish that wasn't the case but it's just the truth. He doesn't have the techniques, strength or wherewithal to keep Islam from doing this to him

Not to mention we've seen Islam outstrike Volk twice now. Islam's striking has been evolving rapidly so it's not like he's exactly outclassed in that department either

Listening to the MMA Fighting post show. So depressing with the Volk talk. Thirty five and coming off a KO. And possibly coming back in January to fight a young killer.

I think Volk should take time off. Let whoever fight for the interim title. Come back and see where his head/skill is at.

Listening to the MMA Fighting post show. So depressing with the Volk talk. Thirty five and coming off a KO. And possibly coming back in January to fight a young killer.

I think Volk should take time off. Let whoever fight for the interim title. Come back and see where his head/skill is at.
This could very well be Volk's exit. I would hate it but I wouldn't be surprised. He shouldn't rush into a fight with Topuria

If he were to beat Topuria in January that would be one of his greatest feats yet

Islam saying Usman gotta wait his turn even if he comes to the UFC :lol:

But he knows Usman is coming, it's only a matter of time. I'm glad they asked him that question

Everyone kept saying win/win for taking these fights on short notice.

It didn’t do either of these greats any favors. Usman lost his third straight fight to someone with a hand injury. Volk tarnished his legacy and now we’re questioning how much he has left.

Could’ve just thrown Gamrot in there along with a MW can. Card was trash.

Dawg didn't you just say you have no interest in Islam vs Justin lol

The division is stale as hell with Khabib's leftovers and those same leftovers beating the other new blood
I did but I rewatch fights heavy (for a small training and heavy gambling perspective). Islam is a totally different fighter than Khabib. Not saying Gaetjhe would win at all but to not think it would be a fun fight is wrong imo.

Top guys losing to top guys just shows the parity amongst the contenders. I also wouldn't count the young guys like Fiziev or Arman out yet when they're just about to hit their prime years.

Khabib is also an all time great man :lol:. No shame in losing to him. Any of those other guys who lost to him (Justin and Dustin) would be champ if he wasn't there. Islam is great but he's not an all timer yet by just defending his belt against a FW twice.

Bruh

People saying volk is the p4p best for years

And now he’s minimized to just a fw who Islam beat twice

That’s nasty work bruv
Prisoners of the moment. Volk is still a FW great, 2nd best ever. Even if he loses to Topuria that shouldn't take anything away from what he's done. Same as Izzy being the 2nd best MW ever.

It's just proof that folks should stop the all time talk whether its for the division or ever, until guys careers are done.

Crazy that Islam is only 31. Glad Dana shut that WW talk. Keep defending the belt in the toughest division in the world. Put your name past Khabib as the divisions greatest. Man's so damn good and running through Volk is proof.

we live in a negative society.

I hope he’s okay. Take care of yourself physically and mentally. He is definitely the second best FW of all time. Just like Max is behind him. Crazy FW era we live in.

And I don’t know why Islam wouldn’t break that defense record. He just has to fight and defend the belt twice next year. All time LW GOAT, second only to his brother who never lost.

Guess we’re back to Apex or small fight nights until MSG.

Back
Top Bottom