The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Catching up on the thread but I think Leon takes colby and then Islam if he wants to move up.. but that Ko was beautiful by Islam
I want to see Islam defend once or twice and then go up

His striking is on point!

However I don't think Islam will be fighting much longer. It also doesn't appear that he cares so much about legacy like Khabib did (it could be due to Islam already suffering a loss)

Maybe Islam's own way of not being in Khabib's shadow is to try to get a second belt, something Khabib didn't do

Dont get the knock on the PPV. Main card was fun and it went by fast as ****. Only knock was that dumbass ******* doctor. Prelims were horrible though.

This is ******* nasty work man. Not only her but Breedan and another fighter went in there with bad staph. You're putting all the fighters and staff at risk just by being in there. Folks get **** amputated if an infection gets bad. Also, who the **** in their gym is letting them train there like that? ******* gross, selfish **** man. Clean yall ******* gym mats.

/Rant.

Card was meh; Bantamweight is the best division.

Lightweight is definitely not far off. Then welterweight. Then featherweight. Then middleweight. Fly weights have great skill but not sure if the numbers are there roster wise.

The main card was good. I don't see the problem with it other than the doctor thing

The prelims were not good

Even though the main and co main were amazing matchups on paper we all knew the short notice would have an impact

Overall it still delivered for me in regards to my hype

what’s his situation? Can he only fight in Arab nations? So Saudi, Abu Dhabi and Qatar?

How’s that work if he wins a championship?

Strickland remembered all those sparring sessions he had with Chimaev :lol:

I will say that Strickland is a tough dude and while I was still impressed with Chimaev yesterday, that cardio fall off a a bit concerning. Luckily for him Strickland is the only guy who can really weaponize his cardio at MW.

Wondering how true the hand break thing was for Chimaev
I also have my doubts as Chimaev has looked like a killer in rd 1 and then slowed considerably afterwards.

If he's gonna be out more than a few months I say you make the Strickland-DDP fight early next year and go from there.

Plus with Chamaevs status of fighting outside the UAE or that area would they really want a regionally challenged champ?

They're gonna need to put on 2-3 shows per year in the UAE/Middle East/Africa region so I don't think it'd necessarily be a huge issue for Chimaev to be champ

They just have him headline them all right?

I’m still trying to hear what his VISA/travel issue is. In Strickland voice, “what is he, a sex offender?”

In that link Vince shared, Strickland said he no showed an invitation to scrap.

Isn’t the October card the only PPV? That Saudi money probably got stars baked into it. So it’ll be interesting.

I actually disagree with him. I feel like Strickland wouldn't care to defend his belt out there, as long as they paid him. Which they would

Also I don't think it's a safe bet that everything all of a sudden is going to go well with Chimaev entering the U.S. Seems like a long shot

“I don’t think Sean Strickland wants his first title defense to be in Abu Dhabi against Chimaev. Absolutely not,” Nascimento said. “I think the UFC may have some type of plan for that. If that wasn’t the case, they wouldn’t have promised the winner of this fight a title shot knowing there’s a good chance a Russian will win — or they’re counting on Chimaev being able to get a passport or citizenship here in the Emirates.”

From the video it aint seem like Chimaev broke his hand 🤔

Makes me think a little less of his performance. He's obviously a unique talent and made Usman look like a little brother for 5 minutes... but after that it was a clear gas out

Dont get the knock on the PPV. Main card was fun and it went by fast as ****. Only knock was that dumbass ****ing doctor. Prelims were horrible though.

This is ****ing nasty work man. Not only her but Breedan and another fighter went in there with bad staph. You're putting all the fighters and staff at risk just by being in there. Folks get **** amputated if an infection gets bad. Also, who the **** in their gym is letting them train there like that? ****ing gross, selfish **** man. Clean yall ****ing gym mats.

/Rant.

Fighting with Staph is super wild.

Guess a lot of these undercard fighters can't afford to pass up a pay day though.

Back
Top Bottom