The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Prisoners of the moment. Volk is still a FW great, 2nd best ever. Even if he loses to Topuria that shouldn't take anything away from what he's done. Same as Izzy being the 2nd best MW ever.

It's just proof that folks should stop the all time talk whether its for the division or ever, until guys careers are done.
No it’s not all time talk. I’m saying he’s been the p4p number one now, not talking about all time at all

But volk already is an all time great either way, the fact that Islam beat him twice, decisively is much more than just “beating a fw twice”

If anything you were the one bringing up Islams legacy out of nowhere and trying to diminish it for no reason

No it’s not all time talk. I’m saying he’s been the p4p number one now, not talking about all time at all

But he is already an all time great either way, the fact that Islam beat him twice, decisively is much more than just “beating a fw twice”

If anything you were the one bringing up Islams legacy out of nowhere and trying to diminish it for no reason
How am I diminishing Islam's legacy as a lightweight? Beating Volk twice doesn't make him an all time LW already. I said Islam is great before that. Volk is also an all time great FW.

Also don’t take Dana at his word you guys know better lol

You guys were swearing up and down he would punish chimaev for the weight miss and now he’s on the cusp of a 185 title shot without really beating a true 185 contender

Even if Islam isn’t fighting at 170 next I wouldn’t be surprised at all if it’s the fight after

How am I diminishing Islam's legacy as a lightweight? Beating Volk twice doesn't make him an all time LW already. I said Islam is great before that. Volk is also an all time great FW.
Again- nobody brought up anything about islams legacy, you did. Yet you’re saying don’t speak on legacy until it’s said and done

Again- nobody brought up anything about islams legacy, you did. Yet you’re saying don’t speak on legacy until it’s said and done
Yeah because I want to see the guy defend against other lightweights man :lol:. Nothing to do with diminishinghim him or Volk.

Maybe I just worded everything wrong.

Islam is great but he's not an all timer yet by just defending his belt against a FW twice.
Not diminishing Islam at all. Maybe I should of said Volk, because he isn't just any FW. Whole point is there's plenty of fun fights for him at 155 to keep racking up defenses and be an all timer.

Got a question for yall specifically you Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat

How would usman nurmagomedov do against Islam makhachev?

I know usmans in Bellator but if it ever happened ?
Because their both from that khabib pupil class

It sucks that most of the community was saying Charlie dropping out actually made for the better more intriguing fight

I guess I just disagree with the state of the division. I don’t see any hype worthy matches and I don’t think there’s much outside of Arman that could change that

And Islam already beat Arman smh lol

Got a question for yall specifically you Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat

How would usman nurmagomedov do against Islam makhachev?

I know usmans in Bellator but if it ever happened ?
Because their both from that khabib pupil class
That’s like asking how khabib would do against any of them or Cain vs dc

Who the f knows bruv only they do since they **** each other up on practice most likely

Finally got to watch the card. Man, hate it had to be Volk :smh:. I was gutted seeing that head kick :frown:.

And, I don’t blame Johnny Walker for getting those questions wrong, I wouldn’t want to continue the fight either after eating a knee like that :lol:.

I realize some feel the need to speak on injustice. There was a lot of it on this card. Islam, Molaev, Khamzat, etc.

That’s probably why they had a return of the flag ban.

Sorry but dudes need to put forth verifiable credentials before I can believe anything translated over the internet man, especially in this context. :lol:

^^^Fair. Just sharing. But…it was very political last night (for good reason).

Best card ina while. I was at vegas 274 and this was much better
That card was buns. There were high lights like Ikram’s and Islam’s performance. But between the judging, reffing, doctoring and just pace…it wasn’t the best card.

And Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat I think the original card would’ve been better if executed. Costa/Khamzat had a great build up. And Charles always has exciting fights. I’m sure Islam would’ve won. I was saddened by Volks destruction yesterday.

Also based on my limited eye test, I’d favor Islam. His wrestling “seems” better than Usman’s. I don’t think that poking would keep Islam out. And Islam showing you don’t want to be near him and striking.

Come on mam, you really going to hold a close fight against Islam in his Uafac debut :lol: . Geeze tough crowd.

LW still the best division

Come on mam, you really going to hold a close fight against Islam in his Uafac debut :lol: . Geeze tough crowd.

LW still the best division
Bantamweight the best division. Though we need a Nurmagemedov in BW 👀

Or at the very least a Dominating Dagestani performance of a top 10 BW.

Khabib never got KO’d out or popped for banned substances.

But these conversations are win/win for Khabib’s camp. Two LW champs. They just gotta get Umar back in the cage.

Bantamweight the best division. Though we need a Nurmagemedov in BW 👀

Or at the very least a Dominating Dagestani performance of a top 10 BW.

Khabib never got KO’d out or popped for banned substances.

But these conversations are win/win for Khabib’s camp. Two LW champs. They just gotta get Umar back in the cage.
Great division but not even close. Umar will be running that division soon.

Back
Top Bottom