The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Those who watched the card, was it good?
It had good moments but man do they need to make changes if they want to be taken seriously.

The good: having the Bellator champs there to instantly promote their champ/champ card. Im really interested in a few of these fights. Magomedkerimov/Jackson and OAM/Usman are fun and interesting. Feeding Brunson to Eblen and Bader to Ferreira will be good too.

The feel good stories of guys like Pinedo and Kasunganay getting cut from the UFC and carving out a path to a major promotion title + a milly.

The bad: 5/6 title fights is just too damn long. Not being able to use elbows. Limiting fighters like Brunson and Harrison makes no damn sense to me. Those fights would've ended much earlier if they weren't limited. The production is so bad. Why are there so many pointless stats on screen along with mid fight zoom analysis from random people? The only people tuning in to the PFL are the hardcores so having Wiz and Jake on screen mid fight does absolutely nothing. A lot of these things just scream regional product.

The major problem that worries me about the PFLs future is their whole "sports based" approach. They need to understand that they're in the fight business and that's what people are tuning in for. The sooner they realize, the better they'll get.

It’s amazing last night was suppose to be this big finale to the season and build up pfl champs vs bellator fighters, yet I would say that Europe card with the lazy king and other guy had way more hype and just felt bigger with the crowd into it.

Wonder if they have anyone who does get it over there?

5/6 Title fights or ultra long cards kinds of harkens to those old Dream New Year’s Cards!! But I can see for mainstream how less is more (or maybe putting two of the least popular champs on the prelims).

Their cards should be about capitalizing. Capitalizing on Lazy King, Dumdee (sp), Kayla, OAM, etc. That March card should be fun. Throw the Lazy King and Dumdee on the prelims and maybe Pacheco. Then have the champ vs champ fights. Issue might be them all being five rounds. I also agree on their rules. For the build up of the tournament I can understand the elbow rules, etc. But finals or standard MMA fights should use the unified rules.

They need to get rid of the seasonal format for their main PFL promotion. Fans tune in to see fights they want to see. The matchmaker model has stood the test of time. Tournaments can be fun but when your working with a roster that isn't the UFC you will always get down to 2 or 3 fighters you only want to see in the finals.

I will be highly upset if we see guys like Clay Collard or Shane Burgos get stuck fighting the same guys in the tournament. Them vs. Aj, Shabily, Patricky are far more entertaining.

Also restricting guys like Doumbé, LK, and other known Bellator fighters to international cards will limit their growth. I live 10-15 minutes from where the event took place last night. If Doumbé was fighting I would've 100% been in attendance.

It’s amazing last night was suppose to be this big finale to the season and build up pfl champs vs bellator fighters, yet I would say that Europe card with the lazy king and other guy had way more hype and just felt bigger with the crowd into it.
I’m still amazed they couldn’t have foreseen the type of card the doumbe event turned out to be. I don’t care that they had broadcasting obligations- it should have still been promoted much differently

Anyone with a brain and with boots on the ground there would have known that it was going to be a seismic event

Yet not a blip on the sports radar smh

I got mark hunt Jr via nuke

MARK MY WORDS

AND NEW

IMG_2132.gif

As much as Costa been trolliing, I think the bad blood between him Chimaev is real. Hopefully, he's filling for Cannonier and fighting Dolidze then a quick turn around to headline vs Khamzat in Saudi.

Ugh is that because Francis’ opponent is guaranteed a whole lotta money. Impa trying to double the generational wealth without having to go through another season, just get the panty night.

I would feel bad for him but this the same guy that did the bs putting Neal's mugshot on a shirt. Fight game is the fight game, can't cry or hide now.

I will say that the twitter mma community is probably the most toxic of any sports company. Chris Curtis pretty much had the most reasonable take on the situation siding with Ian and the man had to deactivate his account cause all the Strickland supporting incels.

Ian is lucky nobody else on 296 will stir the pot besides Colby

I kinda wish I could see a bunch of fighters go at him at the pressers

Back
Top Bottom