The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Vegas is so good for the fighters based on the infrastructure in place.

Hopefully Rocky can make sure Colby rests in peace. Notice they cut out the parts about his dad.

Have to remember: dricus has proven he isn’t afraid to go to low places with the trash talk

Let the games begin. I wasn’t expecting them to to get into it like this

The combo of how emotional Leon seems to be after the comment, combined with the entire MMA community wanting him to crush Colby, combined with Drake publicly laying a bet on him :smh:

And anything less than a KO is basically gonna be anticlimactic to a lot of folks now too. Still think Leon wins but Colby's BS sidetracked what was already a real good fight on paper into some weird ****. Weak, but whatever.

Also the other press conference was cringe. None of these dudes are really that charismatic on the mic if we're being real, so they resort to the lowest common denominator shock insults. Part of the sport I suppose but they're really kicking up the cringe to another level nowadays.

Anyway, with that said, looking forward to the card :lol:

P.S.: "I was in character" is some peak dweeb behavior. I'm not even mad at the guy, just kinda embarrassed for him

Last edited:
None of these dudes have the gift of trash talk

I’ve always said omalley is boring and vanilla. Colby is scripted and he forgets his lines. Strickland just keeps yelling in his raspy voice and dricus is a weird caricature who just always seems culturally out of place lol

Colby used to bother me a lot. He just doesn’t anymore. It’s clearly an act and I get it if people are still offended but it really doesn’t affect me anymore. Seeing everyone get offended now is kinda weird cuz it’s like… we needed this reaction so long ago lol

I dunno. It’s clear he’s playing a heel. So in character, he’s going to say anything to get a reaction like a Wrestling heel. It’s like that one Key and Peele skit.

You’re playing a fake character in a real violent sport. Leon’s father is a sensitive subject. And that last video of what aboutism is just poor taste. Even if it’s a “character.” Can’t be mad when real folks get upset over an over the top fake character.

Back
Top Bottom