The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I don’t want to see someone go up until it’s earned. Izzy beat like 7 guys out of the top 10 before fighting jan or something like that. If Islam can beat 3 contenders in a year I have no problem with him going up and trying for the title.

I don’t want to see someone go up until it’s earned. Izzy beat like 7 guys out of the top 10 before fighting jan or something like that. If Islam can beat 3 contenders in a year I have no problem with him going up and trying for the title.
I totally get this line of thinking and I don’t disagree

Surprised Figgy took the Cody fight since he’s not ranked. A win wouldn’t do a thing aside from beating an ex champion.

Yeah, Sean ain't getting a 145 title shot this year. If Topuria beats Volk I'm almost certain they do an immediate rematch unless Volk moves up to 55. Volks a company guy and they'll do him a solid for saving a couple PPVs on short notice.

Max is also in the picture if Topuria wins. Probably why there's no talks of him booking a fight. UFC been saying they want to go Spain and tap into that market. A Topuria/Holloway headliner would be perfect there.

If Volk loses badly he might be out for a long time or be injured etc.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it go down though it is a long shot

Volk might win. Besides his last fight, he has always been game a game fighter (even in the second Holloway fight and first Islam fight).

So if he wins…then what. Suga a ****, he’s not calling for that fight. Nor does he deserve it. Topuira wins. So many other scenarios. It just doesn’t make sense.

I don’t even see Leon/Islam happening. There’s a line forming from 135-185.

Makes total $ense. After Chito, there is nobody else that Sean sees as a money fight. It's really up to Dana to see what he wants to do

Think there is a chance shavkat jumps belal for the title shot and that’s the only hold up? Surprised they haven’t announced Leon/belal yet.

Thought Shavkat was still dealing with his ankle injury. I could be wrong but I think they said he was in a cast week after the fight and might need or already had surgery.

I'm guessing they are waiting for a few things to fall in to place with next week's title fight and probably tonight's main event too. I think Alex is defending for sure on 300, possibly against the winner tonight.

Maybe if the winner next week gets out without taking much damage they offer them a bunch of money for a quick turnaround at 300 to headline against Izzy. If they can, they save Leon/Belal for the rumored Manchester ppv late spring/early summer.

Yup. Lotta moving pieces. Lotta Hail Marys. Can’t see Khabib coming back.

Could’ve easily solved it by just putting Conor at the top with Weili/Yan and a mix of high and low profile fights.

Back
Top Bottom