The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Volk looked good in round 1 he won imo even though he got clipped

I think he was attacking the leg well and peppering topuria, where his face was touched up after for the photos

Topuria just masterfully caught him, not by chance but really unleashed a combo at the exact moment

Looked like Volks plan was to use a lot of kicks and a strong jab and lateral movement to keep out of Topurias death range. Only problem is you need to do that for 25 minutes. Once Volk got caught behind the black lines it was the beginning of the end after Ilia got his reads.

Yes you’re right about that heel kick

I just think we’ve seen enough now to know what costa is

He couldn’t beat izzy, vetorri and whittaker

He was at altitude but barely even beat a washed rockhold

He’s getting older, probably still having hard cuts and now going to have to go on another win streak to be considered for a title fight

With how stacked the division is I just don’t see the path to become a viable contender again

Yeah i've always expected more from him... When he beat Yoel in that dragonball Z match I thought this ***** gonna be the one.

Now that fight may prove to be the pinnacle of his career.

Alex is one thing but having Hill in the main event of 300 is insane.

Yeah i've always expected more from him... When he beat Yoel in that dragonball Z match I thought this ***** gonna be the one.

Now that fight may prove to be the pinnacle of his career.
I still re watch that fight from time to time. One of the most insane fights ever with Broly and Nappa looking dudes. He'll always just be a fun fighter that always puts on a show.

UFC 300 main card is disappointing to me, compared to 100 and 200.

With the exception of Gaethje vs Max, totally lacking in star power.

The co-main event is wildly underwhelming imo.

That being said, there should be some good fights.
You crazy. 200 was so wack. Silva/DC and Brock/KFC.
Charles versus Arman is co main worthy. Weili vs Yan would definitely have been a great fight to put at the top of China. Like there hasn’t been two Chinese born fighters contending for a title in UFC before. Max versus Justin is a fun banger that doesn’t make sense. Jiri versus Rakic should be fun. Jiri doesn’t have bad fights. I’m not excited for Aljo/Kattar. Return of Bo. A fun fight between Cody/Figgy. I think card wise 300 is better than 299. But see next quote and response.

Yeah my hot take is UFC doesn't have any stars.. The talent is amazing but doesn't have the star quality..
1000%

They need to get Dana out of there. Or bring someone new to co handle promotion. Like the NFL or NBA ain’t not promoting their stars. Just because you have this ridiculous contract from ESPN doesn’t mean you shouldn’t sell the cards or market your fighters. Whoever wins the next contract should bake in incentives. I know eye balls go to Plus but is it making money based on the various contracts/deals they have?
The fact that a womens fight which should have taken place in China is co main for 300 is massively underwhelming
Agreed. It’s clear as day. Aspinall or Leon/Considermyname should be on the Manchester card. Alex/Hill should be on Brazil. They could’ve done a special fight night in China for Yan/Weili. They deserve it.

Conor McGregor was the answer. Now we don’t know if he’s coming back because of UFC’s games and having to fight someone irrelevant like Chandler.

Merab’s wrestling and striking aren’t technical.

He fought Yan. Yan legitimately beat O’Malley. I never seen Yan get dominated like that before. Yan has incredible striking. Beat Aljo pillar to post before he made that dumb mistake. He beat Cory Sandhagen. Petr Yan only real losses are to Aljo the second time and Merab.

Merab somehow remained conscious against Marlon Moraes. That’s a good example of why he should be competent in one aspect of his game. Despite that, he roared back to win.

I’m not saying ya aren’t right that Suga can beat him. I’m just saying it’s not huge odds. And Suga really only has the first round and a half to get him out of there.

thinking-about-it-now-no-way-was-khamzat-gonna-be-able-to-v0-z1y0aff6bfjc1.jpeg

Man, I'm so happy for Merab. I always root for the guys that have to take the hardest path to the title. Just like Aljo, Khabib, and Leon had to.

It's crazy he took out 3 former champs/4 title challengers in his last 4 fights. While it's not always guaranteed, I'm glad Dana finally said he's next up. At least the time lines match up for him.

I think it’s interesting to see how much influence he can have on Dana

I initially thought he’d be able to call some of his shots as quickly as right now. But idk if that’s the case or ever will be

Nobody will ever challenge the ufc like conor was able to or some others but still- I thought Sean could leverage his stardom into some actual power

I think they’d pull the power move on Sean if it came down to it

I think this goes back to the topic Aljo started. He turned around quick because he thought Suga was a star; however, the PPV numbers didn’t seem to reflect that.

UFC, thanks to ESPN dumb selves, doesn’t disclose buy rates anymore. Suga seems to be the same level of Star as Strickland. Jones seems to be their biggest star. Followed by Izzy. Then probably Islam. Then a huge jump of the cliff in popularity.

Rampage, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Ken Shamrock many of today’s stars are not. None of them will ever sniff GSP, Brock. And we know Ronda and Conor were the most popular athletes the sports ever have. I think they helped make Ronda’s star. But Conor was a once in a generation star.

If belal wasn’t one of the 3 I’m assuming it was shavkat/khamzat/islam who were all offered the fight then.

If that’s the case now with the potential that Leon doesn’t fight until June cause he’s certainly not fighting on that brasil card id say there’s a good chance shavkat got next.

If belal wasn’t one of the 3 I’m assuming it was shavkat/khamzat/islam who were all offered the fight then.

If that’s the case now with the potential that Leon doesn’t fight until June cause he’s certainly not fighting on that brasil card id say there’s a good chance shavkat got next.
I'm wondering if Dana was telling the truth at all

Back
Top Bottom