The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah at this point Kelvin might be a lifer, but I can see another org willing to throw a BAG at him if he becomes a FA

and on another note

200.gif

I wonder who the scum bag reporter he’s referring to? John Nash? Luke Thomas? Ariel Helwani?

I do agree with his opinion on Boxing’s going out of business sales approach.

And you can’t front…under his leadership, the business has sustained, thrived. I don’t love the ESPN era (watered down constant drip) but thank god for Dana White and UFC. Roll Tide!!

I still think Smith's last win was a fluke. Was thinking Ulberg would put to bed any title shot dreams he had. Now he could possibly be in the convo with a win over Dolidze?!?! We've seen crazier things but still.

He did say "Chandler or not" lol. Would laugh so hard if he ended up fighting someone else.

Chandler should give it until rest of 24' and move on if it doesn't happen by then. This November will be two years from his last fight.

I can’t even remember the last time I watched a strictly PFL card. The Bellator cards yes + the PFLellator card as well.

Dana dollars is right. If it were so easy…they’d have long standing rivals. No idea where they get the money to last (One, PFL and Rizin).

The problem is this stupid tournament format.

Why they insist on clinging to it is beyond me.

Guys are more focused on winning and getting to the next round, than putting on a show. I don’t think the people running this organization have any idea what they’re doing.

…doesn’t help that most of the fighters aren’t very good.

And the main event…featuring “Cassius Clay Collard.”

The man who apparently doesn’t understand the fact that Cassius Clay is the name that Muhammad Ali rejected.

So much so, that he nearly beat Ernie Tyrell to death for refusing to stop calling him that.

…Cassius Clay Collard everyone.

The PFL tournament format is really lame and should be put to rest. That said Bellator never set the world on fire either. It's obviously hard to build an MMA brand but they really could use a reset.

The PFL tournament format is really lame and should be put to rest. That said Bellator never set the world on fire either. It's obviously hard to build an MMA brand but they really could use a reset.
The only questions that matter are can you put on good fights and can you build good storylines?

…good production values are a plus too.

The problem is this stupid tournament format.

Why they insist on clinging to it is beyond me.

Guys are more focused on winning and getting to the next round, than putting on a show. I don’t think the people running this organization have any idea what they’re doing.

…doesn’t help that most of the fighters aren’t very good.
I think they’re clearly trying to popularize the format of European soccer. I don’t think it is an issue for including newer fighters. But it doesn’t allow more well established names to engage in more marquee fights that will generate fan interest. Names bring fans.

I do agree there roster isn’t exactly old Bellator, Strikeforce or UFC.
Factz. People diminish Dana Dollars accomplishments. But they bought the company in 2000 or 2001…a twenty year run. No one else has been able to compete. EliteXC, Oscar Dela Hoya, Strikeforce, Pride, Bellator, etc. The Saudis could buy PFLellator. But how long can they follow the model of just sinking money for their entertainment?
The only questions that matter are can you put on good fights and can you build good storylines?

…good production values are a plus too.
They have decent production values. They just haven’t done much in the six months since buying Bellator.

They haven’t announced their September PPV. The only “good” thing they have are the Bellator cards and a hand full of stars like Dakota, Paul Hughes, Francis, etc.

Back
Top Bottom