The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Brundage super lucky to get out of this without taking the L on paper. I thought he got finished.
He def got ko’d. can’t remember if it was via one of those blows to the back of the head though. This is all Razak’s fault tho….don’t understand why he decided to elbow. He could have disengaged and got better position fairly easily.

That was impressive as hell man. Dober is a top 20 LW and Silva was having his way halfway through the fight. Hope this was a one off at 55 cause Silva is going to keep punishing dudes at 45 to a title shot.

Have we ever got an explanation why that is? I wanna say the Carla fight was last time Trevor cornered her and he’s been absent ever since she went up in weight.
Don't think anythings ever come out about it. It was either the Carla fight or Weili 2 where Pat was taking the reigns and Trevor was the #2 guy. I know in the Carla fight Trevor was telling Rose to go for certain things and give more output while Pat was telling her she was fighting a perfect fight.

Kind of glad Wittman got up out that team. I'd much rather see him work with fighters who have more time at the elite level. Looking forward to see what him, Sandhagen, and Ryan Hall got cooking for Umar and Team Eagle.

Yeah ain't no way they're putting 2 champs on that card :lol: . Dana already said this is costing them way too much money to produce, hence the reason it's a Mexican tribute sponsored by Saudi :lol::smh:

It sounds like it was going to have two champ fights…but it sounds like Valentina doesn’t want to fight on that card. Max/Ilia is a nice replacement.

The only issue…is McGregor/Chandler. Where do they fit that in?

It sounds like it was going to have two champ fights…but it sounds like Valentina doesn’t want to fight on that card. Max/Ilia is a nice replacement.

The only issue…is McGregor/Chandler. Where do they fit that in?
Them girls ain't getting ppv points and if Valentina doesn't want to fight she's 100% going to get pass up for Manon or Rose on that card. Ain't no way they're letting a chance pass to have their only Mexican champ on that card.

Fights weren't even confirmed on the card. Ariel been saying it's an either or situation with Omalley or Topuria defending at the sphere.

With UFC still needing to provide a title headliner for the Utah card (307), my guess is they still try to make Topuria/Holloway for that one then just do Suga/Merab and Grasso/Valentina (or Fiorot or Rose) for the Sphere.

There's also been rumors about creating an event for McGregor but with his last pullout I think the brass may be hesitant to do so.

With UFC still needing to provide a title headliner for the Utah card (307), my guess is they still try to make Topuria/Holloway for that one then just do Suga/Merab and Grasso/Valentina (or Fiorot or Rose) for the Sphere.

There's also been rumors about creating an event for McGregor but with his last pullout I think the brass may be hesitant to do so.
They probably do Conor for December with Poatan and Ankalaev in January. Close enough for Poatan to take if Conor pulls out again.

Them girls ain't getting ppv points and if Valentina doesn't want to fight she's 100% going to get pass up for Manon or Rose on that card. Ain't no way they're letting a chance pass to have their only Mexican champ on that card.

Fights weren't even confirmed on the card. Ariel been saying it's an either or situation with Omalley or Topuria defending at the sphere.
You don't think Alexa Grasso doesn't get PPV points? Or Valentina when she was champ?

I think Manon should get the title shot, honestly. She's beaten both Rose and Blanchfield. I understand them wanting to run back the rematch due to the questionable outcome. But at this point, I don't care. They need to start moving along these women divisions.

Why can't they put McGregor on Utah? That's probably where he needs to go to avoid alcohol and women...weaknesses of the flesh.

Sphere is lit with Holloway/Topuira and Merab/Suga.
They probably do Conor for December with Poatan and Ankalaev in January. Close enough for Poatan to take if Conor pulls out again.
December...such a long time to wait for McGregor to fight.

So no one knows what happened to our buddy, Vince. He hasn't been in the NBA thread?

Manon is kind of in similar space to Ankalaev. They'll seemingly exhaust every other option before she sniffs a shot. Just look how long it took for Belal to get his shot. We know UFC will try to put out the most entertaining/fan-friendly/best for business matchups before ones strictly based on meritocracy if that contender doesn't necessarily move the needle.

You don't think Alexa Grasso doesn't get PPV points? Or Valentina when she was champ?

I think Manon should get the title shot, honestly. She's beaten both Rose and Blanchfield. I understand them wanting to run back the rematch due to the questionable outcome. But at this point, I don't care. They need to start moving along these women divisions.

Why can't they put McGregor on Utah? That's probably where he needs to go to avoid alcohol and women...weaknesses of the flesh.

Sphere is lit with Holloway/Topuira and Merab/Suga.

December...such a long time to wait for McGregor to fight.

So no one knows what happened to our buddy, Vince. He hasn't been in the NBA thread?
It's been known that the women don't get points and pantoja or the men's 125 champ don't get points.

Sphere ain't getting both them fights :lol:

Utah site fee ain't enough to cover a Conor payday.

Tries to message Vince but haven't heard anything. I know folks in here got his number. Hope someone does a check up on my guy and see if everything all good with him.

Back
Top Bottom