The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Screenshot_20240818_003222_X.jpg

Father time undefeated.

Izzy was doing good body work and piecing Dricus up for stretches but he was also taking too many clean shots. That hands down reactive style ain't quite the same in your mid 30s. He fought well and honestly looked like he could've got the decision win if he made it to the 5th, but he got caught on the feet and Dricus got the choke in before he could recover. It is what it is.

Dricus' style is the worst looking effective fighting style maybe in UFC history. Looks like an absolute amateur but he's just strong as hell and awkward and somehow always manages to connect on those slow looking lunging punches. Beat Whittaker and Izzy now, pretty wild.

He for sure backtracked and cleaned up his previous statements, and I can at least respect the way he handled himself after the fight, Izzy as well. Still don't like the guy but can't hate on the results, he keeps finding a way to get the wins.

Father time is not undefeated!

1723993037472.jpeg

Incredibly close fight w/ Thiago Santos, lost to Dom, sat on the sidelines for three years to duck Francis, currently ducking Aspinall, only interested in fighting geriatric Stipe Miocic :lol:

Credit for the Gane win but he pretty much **** the bed and got overwhelmed, can't read too much into that. Jon will not fight Aspinall and if he does we'll see exactly what Father time is about. Respect for the light heavyweight run for sure but it's about bedtime for Bones too.

Incredibly close fight w/ Thiago Santos, lost to Dom, sat on the sidelines for three years to duck Francis, currently ducking Aspinall, only interested in fighting geriatric Stipe Miocic :lol:

Credit for the Gane win but he pretty much **** the bed and got overwhelmed, can't read too much into that. Jon will not fight Aspinall and if he does we'll see exactly what Father time is about. Respect for the light heavyweight run for sure but it's about bedtime for Bones too.

27 AND 1! :pimp:

IMG_1122.jpeg

Izzy looked so slow last night man.. instantly stood out to me as he relies on it so much against stronger guys. No suprise he lost and how it went down. He lost that dog in him…

I say all of that to say Jon jones really is the goat. This dude been fighting my entire adult life and comes back looking great no matter the layoff.

He let that white man make him cry and choke him out
Two things.

1) We’re eventually going to have to put respect on DDP’s name. He’s beaten the top three MWs on his ascent.

2) Since race was brought into the conversation. Sadly we’re about to head into an era without any black champions. I say that as someone who culturally loved we could compete in the sport from Brazil, US, Europe or Africa.

:frown:

Leon
Aljo
Izzy
Usman
Hill
Francis
DC
Woodley
DJ
Bendo
Rampage
Rashad
Anderson

Jon is the last one…had positive aspirations for Kape. I’d say it might be awhile based on current division standings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom