The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Izzy always knew this, but wasn't afraid to throw shots at the throne.

Admirable.

Glad they squashed it.

Tom will also eventually apologize to Jon and burry the hatchet saying he looked up to him and was just trying to get that fight.

I've seen this movie, many times.

Looks like Ariel is going to start his own Heelwani universe under the Yahoo Sports banner. Very interested to see how things look later next month. He's taking a big swing with all this new content and it essentially sounds like The Ringer with an emphasis on combat sports.

What dirt does Jones have on Dana for Dana to be consistently blowing his horn.
None.

But Jon is the UFC's greatest fighter, Dana wants to protect his legacy. This is huge for the brand that is UFC and its better for the entire sport to have a GOAT go out on top like Khabib did.

Too often we see greats hang around too long, ruin their legacy by taking dumb fights, chasing money....

they end up sticking around taking damage and becoming reflections of themselves OUTSIDE the octagon.

Khabib proved there is a graceful way to exit this game on top.

Jon will follow the blueprint but finish with a even more impressive career/resume than Khabib.

I'm not sure why people are hating on Jon for wanting to retire on top.

He's secure in himself and the legacy that hes built, the dood has been in the UFC for 20 years.

Aspinall is never going to get this fight.

No matter what angle he tries.

He's just not big enough at this point in his career for Jon.

Tom should pivot off this before he starts looking desperate like Reyes.

Looks like Ariel is going to start his own Heelwani universe under the Yahoo Sports banner. Very interested to see how things look later next month. He's taking a big swing with all this new content and it essentially sounds like The Ringer with an emphasis on combat sports.

Looking forward to this. What I've been reading is this is going to be what the athletic mma space was suppose to be. Should be some great content. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up sniping some of the mmaf guys like Shaheen and co once their contracts expire.

I know long form writing/story telling is a thing of the past but damn do I miss the fighter profiles. Guys like Shaheen, Chuck, and Ben Folkes always came out with some of the best ones after spending a training camp with guys before their biggest fights. I'll still go back and read the bisping one Shaheen did when Bisping won the title. Some elite writing.

He definitely messed up. Champ/champ. And he was on top of BW. He might have been able to beat Yan before his ascension. And might have been able to beat Aljo. He took all of those years off during his peak and without peak competition.

Jon Jones and GSP are the only folks to do the lay off thing and succeed. They were young enough and moved up to slower divisions while having high IQ and picking favorable matchups.

Back
Top Bottom