The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

So now the UFC is gonna give him the Gastelum treatment and hire a nutritionist for him?
Looks like Hendricks is gonna get the Gastelum treatment. Not with them hiring him a nutritionist, but Dana is saying he now considers him a MW. So they're probably gonna force him to move up.

Hendricks was 20-25 lbs over the WW limit on Tuesday. Even if he did make weight, he would've been sluggish during the fight especially with no IV.

LOL its a wrap for hendricks.....

damn dood was just the champ last year...

wonder if any of that stuff got to his head?

was never the biggest Hendricks fan, he does seem a bit whiny at times....but man that fall off tho :x

dude is too short for MW, im sure he can compete at MW but title run i don't know about all that....

damn I feel for woodley...

he talkin bout he walk around at 205 :nerd:, but hey he made the weight...gets to sit back watch the fights, collect a check + some + a title shot.

johnny gon need some wet wipes

Wow I remember hearing about Hendricks blowing up in weight between fights but as a former wrestler thought he wouldnt have any weight issues. Sucks we won't get to see this fight. Wonder if he will just have to take one fight at MW and then is allowed to move back down, similar to Gastelum. I mean this is only the first time he has missed right?

This maybe a blessing for Hendricks. His future wasn't gonna be at WW and he even alluded to it a while ago. Right before his first fight with Lawler, he was already talking about a super fight with Weidman and moving up to MW. 

^Weidman was asked about it shortly after he made the comments, and he said he wasn't interested and he would never call out a guy that was smaller than him. But he'd be interested in JBJ.

I find it funnier that Hendricks thinks he would be the WW choice for a super fight :lol:

If it's going to be any one the champ is a good bet. Which he was at the time.

Dude gets no love considering he's probably the best WW on the planet :lol:

Since GSP retired, I don't feel like there's a dominant WW. Rory, Hendricks and Lawler is a toss up.

I felt for Hendricks when he lost to GSP. Felt like he won that fight but between the weight cut issues, clamoring for title shots and a poor performance in the second Lawler fight, he's hurt his legacy at the moment.

I'm kind of tired of the entitled title mentality. Besides JBJ...

Hi, my name is Miesha Tate and I deserve to get washed by Rhonda for a third time. Or Gus' I lost a really close fight with a lackluster JBJ and am the top contender at LHW.

That's one rematch I want to see just so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

I think robbie would solidify himself as a dominant ww with a win over Condit.

He already has beaten everyone and only lost a close one to hendricks and avenged that loss

And he easily beats t wood imo

Lawler knocked out Rory and had one of the fights of last year but he was losing going into that last round. Feel like Rory could be champ, same as Robbie and Hendricks. None of them is inherently dominating. Hendricks has taken a lame approach and had issues with his gas tank. Robbie can appear tentative at times. Rory seems destined for greatness but can't seem to get the best of Robbie.

Not convinced on Woodley,Gastellum, etc.

Dude gets **** for whining and i get that....

But if i beat the long standing WW champion of the world and got shafted on a decision my jimmies would be rustled too.

I feel like he got a bad decision in the 2nd Lawler fight also. Seems people only recall the last minute of that fight because of the way Robbie went off.

Naw, I remember his boring grappling and literal hugging too. He didn't really didn't make a strong case to the judges. I won't lie, that second fight was pretty close which is why a third fight wouldn't be bad because hopefully someone can RDA (reasonably dominate another) the other.

And as far as "beating" GSP, he technically lost. GSP was on some other ish at the time. Sadly, we'll never see GSP again nor will we ever see the Hendricks that was knocking fools out and grappling like a stud. He pretty much has said he's going to lame it out from now on. And he obviously has his weight issues.

Dude gets **** for whining and i get that....

But if i beat the long standing WW champion of the world and got shafted on a decision my jimmies would be rustled too.

I feel like he got a bad decision in the 2nd Lawler fight also. Seems people only recall the last minute of that fight because of the way Robbie went off.

You're just a Hendricks fan and that's OK. He lost both of those fights.

Hendricks beat gsp and was robbed, I don't care what anybody says. They ****** that one up.

As far as the Robbie 2 fight, I felt Hendricks stalled too much even though he was technically controlling Robbie on the ground and against the cage. Plus I've been a fan of Robbie since back in the day so I wasn't mad they gave Robbie the nod, but it definitely surprised me at the same time.

So basically the GSP fight he absolutely won, and Robbie 2 fight there's an argument that can be made, but I personally think controlling somebody without actually doing work is wack so I'm glad Robbie got the nod.

I was just on the UFC website and saw that they have Ronda Rousey as #4 on the P4P list
roll.gif

The ufc sucks that girl's weiner so much. It's ridiculous. Must be nice to dominate a weak division.

I think bader has a chance to win if he can land a big punch. Hit rashad solid and his legs wobble.

Will be interesting to see if Gus can use his leverage and height to stop takedowns like jones did against dc. Probably a bad idea he stayed in Sweden to train. Should've went back to alliance or grapple with phil davis again.

Back
Top Bottom