The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Sage is still very young. There's a lot of time for him to improve but the ufc will have to match him up with fighters of the same or just a tad bit more experience and have him gradually grow each fight. But man he tapped really fast lol , Paige showed more heart in her fight lol.

I dont think you can ever learn to not be a *****. Sage just got exposed. I know people will say Connor got tapped twice but i saw what i saw. The boy sofffff tuhhhhhh

Well if he trains with Tristar or whoever, he'd learn to grow comfortable and become more competent in his grappling skills.

He's young as hell. I don't feel like he was exposed when he is a 19-year old College kid. Like Paige, it's going to help him identify his weak areas and work on them.

Last edited:
Makes me more and more impressed with DC's chin

I said it before and i'll say it again, people crapped on Gus for his performance against aj but he showed he was tough as hell. All those strikes he received from aj would've killed a lot of other people but he kept trying to survive and still didn't get put to sleep somehow.

Yo, Rothwell is strong like a damn bull. Tried to twist barnett's skull off like a bottlecap. If him and aj have to wait for their titleshots then a fight between those two would be really entertaining.

Rockhold has the worst personality. He can't talk for crap, just in general. He's very awkward he doesn't have star power. Weidman at least had the all American family man aura to him

Last edited:
I dont think you can ever learn to not be a *****. Sage just got exposed. I know people will say Connor got tapped twice but i saw what i saw. The boy sofffff tuhhhhhh

that's the thing. he's still a boy. he just needs to continue to work hard with a great team and work on his overall skills. the time will come, kid is still 19. better to take these L's now than down the line. it happens, remember brock tapping quick when mir got him. not comparing the two, but when you don't have much experience, you learn in the ring as you go along. dana knows this kid will get $

Last edited:
People acting like it's impossible for fighters to develop over time?

:rofl:
The backlash from salty fans and fighters was to be expected

Tbh what I'm worried about with sage is the hunger factor. He's been set his whole life while a lot of other fighters are literally doing this to live. What adversity has this guy really been through and will he go through?

Rockhold has the worst personality. He can't talk for crap, just in general. He's very awkward he doesn't have star power. Weidman at least had the all American family man aura to him

He was on sportsnation saying he was the face of the ufc. I doubt that he even believes that.

People hating on him just because the ufc gives him a lot of attention. Get mad at the company, not at the kid. They want to hate on a 19 year old who's still new to the sport and is still going to school while fighting.

I don't think anyone is actually happy that Sage got exposed, but moreso the fact that all the Sage Bless BS is going bye bye..

#InGuardWeTrust

Last edited:
Rockhold's social skills are horrific :lol:. That's still my dude though cause he gave Weidman the business 8)

And yeah as far as Sage, I don't really think any of those guys hate the kid himself, he seems like a nice enough guy. Them talking down on him is basically them talking down on Dana and co trying to manufacture a star while proven fighters are out there struggling for pay and promo. He just becomes the target because they won't go out and directly call the UFC out for it.

And yeah I'm sure he'll get better down the line if he stays at it. That panic tapping definitely wasn't a good look though.

He can and most likely will develop but that's not the biggest issue that most people seem to have w/ the loss.

He essentially quit out there against an opponent who's probably not even ranked in the top 50, :lol:

I'm not sure how one develops heart outside of taking a trip to Oz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockhold's social skills are horrific :lol:. That's still my dude though cause he gave Weidman the business 8)

And yeah as far as Sage, I don't really think any of those guys hate the kid himself, he seems like a nice enough guy. Them talking down on him is basically them talking down on Dana and co trying to manufacture a star while proven fighters are out there struggling for pay and promo. He just becomes the target because they won't go out and directly call the UFC out for it.

And yeah I'm sure he'll get better down the line if he stays at it. That panic tapping definitely wasn't a good look though.
Thought the same thing regarding Sage losing. It's a breath a fresh air knowing that Dana isn't happy with the result, probably turned all red lol. Sage has plenty of time to improve.

People are more so laughing now because UFC just got exposed for hyping up and overpaying a complete nobody while they pay peanuts to legit contenders.

Edit: And I firmly believe Pfister was about to stop him before that garbage stand up in their fight. This just makes it more obvious to any of y'all that feel differently.

Last edited:
Sage was winning the stand up but kept going for takedowns. Then tried that cartwheel kick for no reason

The UFC got exposed? Lol it can be on to the next one for them

They definitely need more stars, but this thing they're doing with trying to manufacture a star by throwing money at a completely untested prospect because he/she has "the look" is getting ridiculous. The kid Sage hasn't fought anybody but he can do front flips and has frosted tips, so they give him and big contract and his own fightpass show :smh:. Let the kid move along slow and steady.

And pay/promote the legit exciting talents that have already shown their worth, instead of burying them on the prelims of a fightpass card, giving them basically no chance to create a following at all (Sterling), or paying them 20/20 and saying they don't move the needle even though they're one of the more known personalities in the sport and pretty much everybody loves watching them fight (Diaz).

blackcease blackcease , well said. That's exactly what I was getting at, their throwing money at people that have shown no true value while letting real talent walk away due to terrible pay and lack of promotion.

Agreed with BlackCease as well.

Shout out to Randy "Rudeboy" Brown though, also from the Looking For A Fight Show on his first UFC win (buried on Fightpass though :lol:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom