The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

1st, props to McGregor for taking this fight after such a long layoff.

However, I can't believe all this stuff people are trying say about Khabib. In real life if someone talks about your Family, Religion, Country, etc, there's going to be blood and is expected. People aren't going to condone that type of ****.

In addition, you have a team of trained fighters chasing down one man, throwing dolly's, injuring other fighters and you expect this trained professional to not take it seriously?

Lastly, I honestly think Khabib doesn't care. He's main concern is respect. He has an entire country of real life goons backing him, with one of the most powerful Goon in the world Putin at his side. Khabib is going back to his country like a ****ing a icon. Dude represented Russia in a way any Russian would of have done and Russians in general would be proud.

Nevada let Floyd trained and fight after he was sentence to jail because of the economy. You think this is going to be long lasting? LoL

This BS about sportsmanship after the fight, perhaps that should of have been the best move. But when you continuously disrespect a person that is about business, continue to call him names and ***** ... well McGregor in the 1st round knew he done ****ed up.
Connor and his dudes do everything for show. This is proof the dolly and bus incident was a stunt that went wrong. Bib and his dudes a foreal. No gimmick or show. His post fight conference proved that too. Basically said no more BS and fake talk. Make things about the fighters and skill

Man, Conor looked shook from jump street ... Even when he arrived ...

At no point in the fight did I think Conor had a shot ... He caught Khabib twice, but didn't have anything in the tank to capitalize ...

I also think people aren't giving him his due ... He survived that 2nd and almost turned the tide in the 3rd ... But he needs to work cardio forever between now and his next scrap ...

Orrrr maybe connr hasnt been striking for 25 years and is nowhere near the best striker in the game. Whereas Khabib has been honing his craft for almost 3 decades at the highest of levels of wrestling

True true. Who would you consider to have the best striking in the game? Both at LW and the UFC as a whole.

At least with his first loss to nate, conor could say he was tagging him

This loss against khabib you can’t take away too many positives

With that being said, not counting him out in a rematch. With better gameplanning I think it could be a closer fight. Conor did not fight smart at all, you need flawless execution if you want any chance

I really really wanna see Tony vs Khabib now more than ever. I think Tony has the tools to get the job done

Assuming he doesn't retire like previously rumored, Khabib fighting Woodley at WW would be very interesting. Seems like Khabib made 155 with relative ease this time around but who knows how many more times he can make it.

Wonderboy and tj might have a claim for today
Yeahhh Barbosa might be a stretch for me but he has to be considered when it comes to the division.

TJ def up there right now. Also, definitely recency bias, but I do enjoy watch Moussasi. That jab is just a thing of beauty

Just saw Khabibs presser. Ya everything he said was facts.

People don’t seem to think about consequences when they do a lot of talking. Like literally, you can go to 24hr fitness right now and ****** will be talking so much **** on the basketball court -which is great til someone beats the **** out of them. Must be generational thing bc the music that comes out today does nothing but talk **** by people that have no business doing it.

Woahhh slow down with Tony over Connor. Tony would get slepttttt. Hes so GD hittable. But yea like i said before Connor vs Woodley is just foolish. Not worth talking about. Woodley would slam him through the cage floor

The more this evolves, I still don't have any issue with Khabib's actions, but Khabib's angst should be focused on Conor and the people who attacked the bus

Dillon Danis wasn't a part of the bus attack, he's just an idiot. I feel like Khabib wanted to punish Conor more but since the fight ended he was just ready to let out more violence on anyone he could

The more this evolves, I still don't have any issue with Khabib's actions, but Khabib's angst should be focused on Conor and the people who attacked the bus

Dillon Danis wasn't a part of the bus attack, he's just an idiot. I feel like Khabib wanted to punish Conor more but since the fight ended he was just ready to let out more violence on anyone he could

Yeah, unfortunately khabibs crew made it a lot worse, dont think it would have been that bad if it was just khabib going after Danis

Yeah, unfortunately khabibs crew made it a lot worse, dont think it would have been that bad if it was just khabib going after Danis
To me, I think Conor had whatever it was coming. I don't have issue with him being jumped in the cage. I don't think going after Danis was justified even though he's an idiot. Danis had nothing to do with the statements about Khabib's father, religion etc. If Khabib did some cheap shots at Conor after the fight, I wouldn't have taken issue

Danis def played role in the trash talking. Dude's a mini colby with his mouth. been waiting for a cat to crack his *** in bellator

Danis def played role in the trash talking. Dude's a mini colby with his mouth. been waiting for a cat to crack his *** in bellator
Yes he talked trash, but honestly he wasn't the one making the personal statements about his father or religion. Khabib was seeing red and wanted to let out more

"I want to say sorry to the athletic commission, sorry to Vegas, I know this is not my best side," Khabib said after. "I'm a human being and I don't understand how people can talk about how I jumped from the cage. He talked about my father, my religion, my country. He came to Brooklyn and attacked my bus and almost killed a couple of people. What about this s***? It's not people, it's media. This is a respect sport, not a trash talking sport.

"I want to change this game, I don't want people talking ****. You cannot talk about religion, you cannot talk about this stuff and for me it's very important. I know my father is going to smash me when I go home though, I know this. I'm sorry. He did pictures with [Vladmir] Putin, he just called me and said he is very happy. Congratulations. But I want to say sorry."

They knew the consequences and I don't really think they cared and still dont. they wanted that respect...

Back
Top Bottom